Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Anyone else know how this works? My sister and me did this for hours on end during camp, as we had nothing else to do. Here’s an example of one of our best; my writing’s in bold, hers is normal:

One day, a boy named Edward hitchhiked across the Appalachians. He thumbed down a car and got in. The driver was a pretty brunette with sun glasses.

“What’s your name?” he asked her.

She flashed him a smile. “I should be asking you that.”

“Too late!”

“I’m Lizzie. And you?”

“Edward.”

“Why are you hitchhiking, Edward?”

“My girlfriend’s a vampire, that’s why!” Edward replied.

“Why is that bad?”

“She won’t freaking DIE!”

“So… you don’t like her?”

“Nope,” said Edward nonchalantly. “So now I’m trying to run away from her.”

“Very sensible.”

I know!” Edward said proudly. He was amazed by his intelligence.

By the way, your thumb goes the other way,” Lizzie said, showing Edward how it was done.

“How would you know?”

“I’ve hitchhiked before too, you know.”

“Really?” Edward wasn’t really curious, but he might as well keep the conversation going. “Where did you hitchhike to?”

“California,” Edward answered. He was getting tired of the conversation, so he quickly used hi super vampire SKILLZ to run away as fast as possible. He ended up in a dark quiet forest. He fell to the floor and his eyes would have been filled with tears, if only he had water in his body.

“I haven’t had sex in two days!” he moaned piteously.

“How do you have semen if your body doesn’t contain water?” he heard a voice ask him from the dark.

“But my body does contain water,” Edward said, confused. “Are you alright, Lizzie?”

“Oh, just fine,” she said, a smile in her voice. She reached to pat his hand.

“The stars are so pretty in the dark,” he said, “It’s so nice — you know? With no unnatural light? It’s darker but lighter, you know what I mean?”

“I do know,” Lizzie said, holding a knife in her hand.

*Before Edward had time to blink, (or rather, before he would’ve; his eyelids had been gone for nearly a century) Lizzie stabbed him in his stomach. Nothing happened. At least, nothing discernible. In the darkness of the night, neither Edward nor Lizzie could see the stream of semen that fell from Edward’s belly.

“I am indestructible!” he roared, taking Lizzie by her waist and flinging her at a tree. She fell, crumpled under the pressure. Before she had time to right herself, Edward pressed his cold stony lips against hers.

“I haven’t had sex for two days,” he said, “It’s time to change that.” One could only hear Lizzie’s frightened protests in the night.

Ta-da! Dirty, yes, but also extremely fun to write. The way it works is that someone starts a story. Then they ‘fold’ the page over so you can only see the last sentence. The next person continues, and does the same thing. You do it for as long as your creative juices flow, and then you read it. Anyone interested in trying? Basically, I think this would work if one were to type the actual content in hidden text, and then type out the last sentence. But, then NO ONE can look at the hidden text. At the end, you can look at the whole thing and laugh at the stupidity of it all. Anyone interested?

Yes!!! As long as it doesn’t get dirty, in which case I’m outta here.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

Ohhh, these are fun! My family goes on mission trips to Mexico every Christmas and we must drive there in a van for years on end, so we do these with the whole group in our van to entertain ourselves. They’re great when you have seven or eight people playing, because no one person knows what the rest of the group wrote. (They can get insanely disjointed, though, so sometimes we’ll let the last person read it all and try to sum it all up.)

I’ll play, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE these things, and my stipulations are the same as Steph’s.

One of you can go ahead and start; I’ll post when I can. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

With this pleasant thought in mind, he leapt onto the fire escape and prepared to confront his victim.

The hunter followed him with superhuman speed.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

It looked rather like the body of a horse.

The cyborg rat waited, spoon in hand, ready to attack...

“Bye-bye!” the girl shouted, her head swaying drunkenly on her shoulders.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

(How long do we go on for? Can we post again before the story is done, or just once per story?)

You can keep going for however long you like; I was thinking 100 posts. And yes, you can post as many times as you want.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Cool. In that case…

“No,” said the parachutist, “but I know it is my quest to save the rabbits!”

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Vengeance on the carrot-thieves would soon be his.

“I’m Alison,” she said, disappering into the night.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

With a great sigh, he grew eagle wings and flew over the mountain.

A cloud sprung out of nowhere.

He could even see her.

She turned around and marched off, her boots leaving imprints in the snow.

“Observation,” the inspector said. “Simple observation.”

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009

“Well,” she said, considering her options. “I believe I’m going to fly.”

The rest watched in stunned silence.

“Are you okay? he asked her.

She searched the surrounding area for the others, but they were no where to be found.

So when can we read this? It’ll take forever to get to 100 posts at this rate.

Yes fine, go ahead and read. I’m getting rather anxious as well. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

I’ll hop on the reading wagon as well, then.

Okay, reading now.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

Hahaha, that’s great! Parts of it make no sense whatsoever, where other parts… make really weird sorts of sense. Fun!