Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

So what do think of writers using pseudonyms/pen names? Would you ever use one?

I’ve thought about using a pen name whenever I actually try to get published because I think the if I got famous (very unlikely), but if it happened, fame would get old, and it would be nice if everyone didn’t know who I was. Also, I’ve read Misery, and that’s kind of scary. And, I’ve heard that girls sometimes choose gender-neutral or male pseudonyms because men and boys sometimes are less likely to read something written by a woman.

So, what do you think?

My pen name is above this post.

Lol. I pretty much use only pen names on the internet. I’ve had some really good ones. Most of the time, I just take a name from PG Wodehouse’s Jeeves books and mess with it. Stephanie Byng, anyone? Her nickname is teh awesomest, but I can’t use it because it’s now considered rude.

If I ever got published, I think I would use a pen name.

I have to say I second what Steph said. Although I would definitely not use this one, haha.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

Stephanie Byng, anyone? Her nickname is teh awesomest, but I can’t use it because it’s now considered rude.

Bahahaha, yes. Imagine the reaction if you went around calling people “Stiffy”.

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited

I once considered using an anagram of my name as a penname, but then I realized how much MORE fun it would be to bring my published novel into school one day and very innocently read it, with my name written across it in large letters … mwahahaha…

If I ever had a pseudonym it’d be either Romantic Vampire Lover or the shattered star. Weird how I’m using one of those already… ;)

SMALIEN, are you published? IS YOUR NAME GLORIA TESCH???

@Elanor: which sucks, because it seriously sounds great if you don’t know the innuendo.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’d probably use a pen name if I’m ever published, because 1) I don’t think my real name would look too great on the front of a book and 2) I like being mysterious.

• CommentAuthorMillefiori

I use a pseudonym because my real name doesn't sound cool enough. :)
    • CommentAuthorWiseWillow

I’d use my sister’s middle name and my middle name.

I think Margaret Merrill sounds rather awesome.

If I used my sisters', I'd end up with Kate Grace...

Not bad :)

Ah crap, I can’t use Margaret Merrill. The woman who wrote Gone With The Wind was Margaret Mitchell.

Dammit.

Hmmm.

I could use my brother’s middle name, but Margaret Alan sounds iffy.

Margaret Gilbert? Margaret French? Margaret Steele? Margaret Poole?

I did think Margaret Merrill sounded very GWTWish.

How about Merrill Gilbert or Merrill French?

Eck. I want to keep a recognizable female name.

Katherine Merrill? Katherine Steele? Katherine Poole? Katherine French? Katherine Gilbert?

The first. But I don't like Katherine in conjunction with any of those last names. They sound too cold.

Hmm, good point. Too many consonants.

Anne French? Anne Poole? Any ideas?

You don't want any name that's going to sound old.

Anne is a bit old. Anna is not. Just go and look up baby names.

I think I might end up going with a name that has 'Leah' in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

How about using the name Paoeng Eyeresch?

That’s real feminine…

Oh, yes, I think so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Combination of four writers.

Paolini, Eng, Meyer and Tesch. ;P

USE THEIR MIDDLE NAMES!
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

So…

Che-Tew for Eng, none for Smeyer (seriously, she doesn’t have a middle name), who knows for CP, no clue for Madame Tesch.

Aww, I like Anne.

Margaret Warren?

See, my real name is rather longish and old fashioned. So, I want one that is kinda similar for a pen name.

Margaret and Katherine are long, while Anne is old. Alexandra?

Alexandra Toka? Alexandra Toak? Alexandra Kota? Alexandra Atko?

I don’t have a middle name either.

Honestly, I don’t know if I’d use a pen name…(like McGee- Thom E. Gemcity! Okay, obligatory NCIS reference done with). I like my name- my first name and last name have the same # of letters, and a whole lot of ‘a’s.

• CommentAuthorTourniquet

I wouldn't use a pen name. My name's a bit long and I don't really see the point, personally, in pennames except on the internet.

Btw. Meyer's middle name, I think, is Morgan. Or is that her maiden name? I saw something on her webpage about her experementing with pennames...on the Craptastic Covers page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Maiden name, I believe, according to Wikipedia. At least, “nee” meant maiden name the last time I checked…

Yep, it does.

SMALIEN, are you published? IS YOUR NAME GLORIA TESCH???

Not in the slightest. I ripped up all my Tesch-sounding stuff about three years ago, and I am one year older than her.

Silly imps, Northmark is Glora Tesch.

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Dan Locke, I suppose I could call you ‘clever’ for finding the truth. I came here to see what fuels this internet hate machine, and it didn’t take me that long to reach a conclusion.

It’s jealousy. Most, if not all, of you are older than me, and you simply wish that you had the ability to write a huge book. I believe that the Seven Bridges of Maradonia does not fit your tastes in fantasy, because I don’t write about incest, murder, and all the other inappropriate topics you can find in A Song of Ice and Fire. You only read those other books because they feed your morbid desires.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

If you really were Tesch, you would use more of “these” around your “words.”

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Does my website (which is designed much more artistically than this one) contain nothing but quotation marks? No, so please do not judge me on where I choose to use them.

You simply don’t know the proper way to talk about “Thriller Epics’ like my novels. Go read your morally corruption “gore fiction’ and let me be.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Actually, I don’t see many words on the website, just a bunch of picture’s and maps. The few words it has are just congratulating Gloria on her epic storytelling skills.

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

I left for a while because I have an actual “life” unlike you people. Go back to your public schools and try to learn with the stressful environment of superficial relationships and people who are indeed involved in the “Gothic Movement”.

You “critics” are free to come up with real reasons to dislike my saga, please let me know of some.

Unless you’re from a reputable writing family e.g. the Tolkiens, no one is really going to think twice about your name. They might make a mental note about it and if your name’s a bit out-there and the reader’s an immature preteen they’ll have a good laugh at it, and then they’ll just carry on.

Miss Tesch, is it really you? Fancy that. I don’t know if you’re legit or a troll, but for now I’ll go with the former.

fuels this internet hate machine

As far as internet hate machines go, II is very tame. But I agree, it being founded on learning from bad writing this sort of thing was bound to happen.

It’s jealousy. Most, if not all, of you are older than me, and you simply wish that you had the ability to write a huge book.

As they say, it’s not how big it is, it’s how well you can use it. ;) I’m not jealous of you. I write short stories, to write a novella would be quite large for me. I don’t need the ability to write a huge book because I have the ability to write short stories, it suits my style better, and I’m not jealous or sad or angry at all that you can write novels while I can’t – or rather, I don’t feel compelled to.

I believe that the Seven Bridges of Maradonia does not fit your tastes in fantasy, because I don’t write about incest, murder, and all the other inappropriate topics you can find in A Song of Ice and Fire. You only read those other books because they feed your morbid desires.

Have you read ASOIAF? While I haven’t read much of it, I can tell you it’s not some bodice ripper or cheap detective novel. Topics such as incest, murder, etc are not inappropriate, they are issues that are real and should be examined to make us think. After all, it’s our culture that dictates incest and murder is wrong, what about cultures where such things are not inappropriate? Are they below us because they follow ideals we consider wrong? Or are we the ones who are wrong? This sort of introspective questioning is what’s important in a story, because it is a harsh subject, and there is no right answer. It makes us think, and that’s an important aspect of literature.

I still don’t know if you’re legit or a troll, but I really hope you’re legit because I’m up at 1 AM and exhausted writing this and I’d rather what I say doesn’t fall on deaf ears. You’re a dedicated writer, I respect that. But you’re only 14, 15, aren’t you? Don’t focus on becoming famous, focus on honing your skills. Every year you’ll grown better, every year you’ll look back at your old work and think “I’ve improved.” And you want to improve. I thought I was pretty good at 14. Now, four years later, I think I was kinda rubbish, but I’ve improved exponentially. Four years from now, I might look back, shake my head, and show my new work off with pride – and four years after that, I may find it unreadable compared to what I have now. My point is, it’s a constant process of skill development, and eventually you’ll be good enough to show that skill off to the world, but at 15 years you still have a ways too go. Don’t rush the process.

I left for a while because I have an actual “life” unlike you people. Go back to your public schools and try to learn with the stressful environment of superficial relationships and people who are indeed involved in the “Gothic Movement”.

Falling back on personal insults does not do you well. I can’t speak for us all, but I’m sure most of us have these lives you speak of. Public schooling isn’t necessarily bad, just as homeschooling isn’t necessarily good. Stressful environments aren’t necessarily bad because they teach you to cope, and the real you only comes out at times of high stress. Relationships aren’t necessarily superficial, we make long-term friends and short-term friends everywhere in life, not just a high school environment and wth gothic movement.

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Your logic, DrAlligator, does not make any sense to me. Taking from your first points down:

“Unless you’re from a reputable writing family e.g. the Tolkiens, no one is really going to think twice about your name. They might make a mental note about it and if your name’s a bit out-there and the reader’s an immature preteen they’ll have a good laugh at it, and then they’ll just carry on.”

Excuse me? As you become more famous your name does “get recognizable”, and people will learn to respect you as much as they respect people like the Tolkiens. Don’‘t judge people just based on their family because then only the descendants of George Washington would be our presidents, because everyone would assume they are the best ones to be presidents.

“As far as internet hate machines go, II is very tame. But I agree, it being founded on learning from bad writing this sort of thing was bound to happen.”
    This site may be tame (as in it might not have the website name “Maradonia and Gloria Tesch Suck”) but that doesn’t stop it from being filled with hate. If I say that I hate you, it still means I hate you. If I say I really hate you, I’m still hating you.

“As they say, it’s not how big it is, it’s how well you can use it. ;) I’m not jealous of you. I write short stories, to write a novella would be quite large for me. I don’t need the ability to write a huge book because I have the ability to write short stories, it suits my style better, and I’m not jealous or sad or angry at all that you can write novels while I can’t – or rather, I don’t feel compelled to.”
    It takes more work to come up with a large plot as opposed to a small plot made for a “novella”. Therefore I worked very hard to create my books and I am still working hard to write more. I think that if you just tried harder, you could probably write a good long, full size novel like the ones I write. I don’t personally know how you write but I believe that everyone has “potential” and the ability to succeed.

“Have you read ASOIAF? While I haven’t read much of it, I can tell you it’s not some bodice ripper or cheap detective novel. Topics such as incest, murder, etc are not inappropriate, they are issues that are real and should be examined to make us think. After all, it’s our culture that dictates incest and murder is wrong, what about cultures where such things are not inappropriate?”
    Name a culture that allows for people to kill each other. How will your society run when it’s perfectly acceptable to kill everyone you don’t like? And it’s been scientifically proven that incest weakens a child’s immune system because they don’‘t have access to different genes. If A Song of Ice and Fire is realistic, the children born of incest (I read that one is named “Jeffrey” or something similiar) should die of disease.

“Don’t focus on becoming famous, focus on honing your skills.”

By writing my saga, I am improving while at the same time “honing” my skills.

“Stressful environments aren’t necessarily bad because they teach you to cope, and the real you only comes out at times of high stress.”
    It’s not truly the “real” you unless you are constantly in situations of high stress.

“Relationships aren’t necessarily superficial, we make long-term friends and short-term friends everywhere in life, not just a high school environment”

Look at all the superficial relationships teens fall for. These can lead to abuse (read up on some statistics about girls who have endured “significant” amounts of abuse in their relationships, they are quite indeed shocking) or other problems.

“wth gothic movement.”

The “Gothic Movement” is a real and serious threat. Have you seen the news article about the “Gothic” teens who pretend to be “vampires” or other creatures? They cause harm to others and are not a good influence to people who associate with them. Of course, in the high school setting, you are forced, to socialize with “Gothics” and other dangerous people.

Are you seriously Gloria Tesch? I thought you were kidding. And as for taking more effort to write a longer work, your book (if it is you, Gloria) is not as long as it looks. The formatting makes it much longer.

And yes, authors become more well-know as they become more famous.

If A Song of Ice and Fire is realistic, the children born of incest (I read that one is named “Jeffrey” or something similiar) should die of disease.

That doesn’t always happen. I’ve never read this book, but it depends how inbred they are.

Of course, in the high school setting, you are forced, to socialize with “Gothics” and other dangerous people.

I believe they are referred to as “goths,” not “gothics.” And the quotes are not necessary. They aren’t dangerous, and no one “forces” (note the appropriate use of quotation marks) you to socialize with them.

I still think that if you were really her, you’d use more random quotes, but oh well. You should learn better grammar also.

If A Song of Ice and Fire is realistic, the children born of incest (I read that one is named “Jeffrey” or something similiar) should die of disease

Highly untrue. From what I’ve read, depending on the level of incest (kissing cousins, or brother/sister, etc) the chances of birth defects can go from 1% to the astonishing, horrifying number of…. 3%. You only get horrific genetic conditions when you inbreed for a long time (we’re talking centuries), like the Habsburgs.

It takes more work to come up with a large plot as opposed to a small plot made for a “novella”. Therefore I worked very hard to create my books and I am still working hard to write more. I think that if you just tried harder, you could probably write a good long, full size novel like the ones I write. I don’t personally know how you write but I believe that everyone has “potential” and the ability to succeed.

It doesn’t necessarily take more time. One could work on a short book for years, fine honing the plot, the motifs, etc. But there are many crappy long novels, and many excellent little novellas. It’s not length, or plot complication. It is the skill of writing, the flow of the words. As for everyone having the potential… no. There are some truly stupid people, and then there are geniuses. We are not all born identical tabula rasas. We are different tabula rasas.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

As far as I can see, Northmark, who claims to be Miss Tesch, is committing the very crime she is condeming us for – putting down other people’s work and glorifying her own. That DrAlligator is not comfortable with writing novel-length stories with complex plots does not mean he is any less of a writer than you are. Short stories and novellas can be just as much of a work of art and an accomplishment as a several-hundred-page book. Short stories are more often than not meaningful and to the point – can we say the same for some of the dictionary-sized books we’ve read?

Not to put down novels, but I hope you get my point. I take issue with this quote of yours:

I think that if you just tried harder, you could probably write a good long, full size novel like the ones I write. I don’t personally know how you write but I believe that everyone has “potential” and the ability to succeed.

because you are implying that you have more experience and have tried harder than many of us here to write a “good long novel”. Did I mention that not all good stories are the long ones? Impish Idea is here to get young writers down off of their high horses through critique and advice, to get them to improve in any way they can. That is what we are trying to do for each other, instead of slinging mud and saying “you’re not good enough”. Please consider what you are saying.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Northmark can’t be her. Here’s some quotes from Northmark:

Books with sex and swearing > books with unrealistic sugarcoated characters/dialogue/plotlines.

I can’t drink anything while reading these forums again; I nearly choked at this thread. Male, by the way.

Bella becoming pregnant with Edward’s child before she knows he’s a vampire. “EDWARD I’M PREGNANT HELP” “im a vampire! u’ll be braking sum bones n stuff. o and u might die. lol sry “ “FFFFFUUUUUUU-”

Unless Gloria Tesch is a guy, Northmark isn’t her.

Also from what I’ve heard of her, I don’t think she would talk like that^^, or like books with swearing and sex as opposed to books like the ones she wrote.

Also if I were her, I wouldn’t go on II. ;P

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Either II is susceptible to trolling or I’m being trolled in return and subsequently owned.

I can’t keep this up any longer, too many replies and too much apostrophe murder. :o (also, baiting people to take the time to seriously reply is kind of a jerk move after awhile)

Back to the original topic, anyone? I’d use a pen name because if my writing fails I don’t want everyone to think about it when I’m doing other stuff.

edit to Puppet: I could have just made those posts to appear normal as I infiltrated this “hate machine” ;O

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Damn. It felt good to blow off some steam though. D:

EDIT: Guess what! You’re officially my least favourite person!

Darnit, Northmark, I totally wished you were the real Gloria Tesch.
    To make it more convincing, write worse. You still write too well to simulate her atrocious habits.

Ontopic: I'll probably use a penname as my first name is lame-o and my last name is very hard to pronounce...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Both my names are common and nondescript. I want to be cooler than that! I’m a teenager, what do you expect ._.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Both my names are common and nondescript. I want to be cooler than that! I’m a teenager, what do you expect ._.

How about Spanish Batman? ;)

Northmark, you did a good job pretending to be her. I didn’t believe you until you responded to Dr.Al, but then I really thought you might be her.

I’d use a pen name because if my writing fails I don’t want everyone to think about it when I’m doing other stuff.

I agree with this. Plus my name is fairly common and doesn’t sound very authorish.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Hah. No. I was thinking of like… a name, not a title. Besides, Zorro is the Spanish Batman.

You're kidding. There was no way Northmark was Tesch. I am ashamed to be a part of these people.

*confesses to quote marks murder*

@ Willow: I like Alexandra. Toak actually sounded good for a last name. Why those letters in particular?

And Margaret Merrill actually wasn't that bad!
    Just a note to all possible pennames. Remember, if you are writing to both genders, you might want to keep at gender-neutral first name or just go with one or two initials and then your "last name." Also be wary of overly elaborate or poetic names (they sound great...but you DO end up sounding like a romance novel writer.).

Part of me is still tempted to go with R.T. Tavi out of further homage to quite possibly my favourite author of all time.

EDIT: here's where I got my rulebook to pen names: http://www.jh-author.com/pename.htm

I just wanted to apologize for giving DrAlligator, NeuroticPlatypus, WiseWillow, and Spanman an opportunity to act like complete idiots. I hope that it never happens again, and I take all responsibility for their actions.

Carry on.

Fantastic link, RTT! And Willow- Alexandra Hill?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

Yay! Another opportunity to act like the idiot I am!

...I hate you.

Nah, Alexandra Hill sounds weird.

Why all the t o a k anagrams? Those are the first initals of my four best friends :)

Part of me is still tempted to go with R.T. Tavi out of further homage to quite possibly my favourite author of all time.

I kind of like that actually… and sorry for my idiocy. :(

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

That ‘Tesch’ discussion was weird.

• CommentAuthorTourniquet

@ Moldorm: Had me fooled for a bit though. But there wasn’t enough “quotes”

The grammar was also too good.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

But the defensively-condescending-teenage-girl bit was done quite impeccably. I’m impressed. XD

*whips out pipe and smoking jacket*
    Yes, the characterization of how Miss Tesch carries herself (namely consisting as the future shining beacon of good literature) was excellently portrayed. Northmark also nailed the "me vs. you" very nicely.

I did notice that s/he did not begin the quotation rape until it was suggested, so that clued me in. And the further abuse of quotations as opposed to single apostrophes ( "you people" 'you people') was also a bit of a giveaway. Overall the grammar, sentence structure, and lack of punctuation rape was too abundant.

*ditches pipe and smoking jacket*
    u right 2 gud to imit8 ne1 els

no flamez u haterz!!1 enoby is not a marysu shez a GUD CHARCATR!!1!!!1

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

The hard part was trying to have quotation and grammar rape in sufficient amounts without looking like I was trying too hard/parodying it.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited

Oh, I don’t think you had too much ‘‘Grammar Rape’‘ in your sentences. All in all, it was an excellent ‘‘Impression’‘ of Miss Tesch.

(or however she does quotations.)

I don’t really “know” how she “does” them.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited

Anyways, lets get back on topic now.

Listen to Puppet, this is a literary critique forum, not a hate blasting site.
    (You to, P)

@ The Armourer: True. I take it back.

Damn, I missed an interesting discussion. I knew Northmark (henceforth known as “NM” for shorthand purposes) wasn’t Tesch (“GT”), though, because I know two things:

1. GT has atrocious grammar. NM used quotations marks as if he was being sarcastic (while GT puts quotes around almost every noun), and while GT’s sentences are generally simplistic but with big words, NM’s were rather complicated.

2. If there is one thing GT does, it is toot her own horn. She doesn’t put down other books for being bad, she flaunts hers as genius because she thinks it is good (I have my own theory as to why that is, but that’s not the point right now). Everywhere you search for her books, there is at least once mention of her being the youngest novelist ever. She has created sockpuppets on Yahoo to ask questions to that effect, and it is everywhere on her website. I saw some of that in the “I work hard at my long books, blahblahblah” section, but not nearly as much as GT would do.

Also, I highly doubt GT would be smart enough to come here and stage an infiltration. From my own experience, people with her intelligence level get caught very, very fast.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

Also, who would seriously be THAT bored to infiltrate this place?
    To briefly expound on my previous topic, this is the Internet. Things stay here forever."Anything you say can and will be used against you." So unless you are willing to have GT throw your comments in your face(or any other author) about us being a pack of haters,(which I think we would not prefer) be careful wat you say.
    Back on topic.

Just before we go back on topic, there is one thing I admire Gloria Tesch for doing—actually writing a book.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2009

True. She did finish two books, which is more than I can say. However, I can’t finish books because I edit too much, which doesn’t appear to be a problem for her… (OH SNAP.)

I’m mad at her. I was planning on publishing a book when I was 14 (something that passed by a while ago), and she got there first. Then again, the stuff I wrote was not worthy of publishing, and I, too, edit too much.

• CommentAuthorDrAlligator
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2009 edited

I think that about wraps up this thread.

NO IT DOES NOT!

What do you think about authors like Lemony Snickett, who have entire personas based around their penname?

I think they’re wicked awesome. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009

I think that’s awesome, especially him. Because I just get so confused by it… I tried so hard to work out all the relationships after I read the 13th book, and I just can’t work it out.

I like the persona thing. When I was younger, I thought that Lemony Snicket was a real person. I didn’t think that stories were true or anything; I just thought that he inserted himself into the story.

My name is Jihye Kang.

D:

See what I mean?
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009 edited

I would pick a book written by a Kang up.

Mine’s Ali Al-Jamri. It’s got a hyphen. I’m not giving that up for anyone, or any name. I’m keeping my hyphen, pen names be damned.

However, if an apostrophe was thrown into the mix…

But yeah. I’m not afraid of my name slapped onto a book and I don’t understand why anyone would be. It’s not like any of us are writing erotica and want to keep that a secret from our peers.

Hurr, dunno. Kang is all right, but I’m not too sure about Jihye. Besides, I’ve never met a non-Korean who could pronounce it correctly, and I’ve learnt that it gets annoying after a while.

That is why I’m thinking about using my English name, Ashley Kang, despite the fact I never use that name anywhere.

Well that’s good all the same.

Or you could be specialler than special and call yourself Ashleigh Kang.

Nah, Paolini annoyed me off too much for that.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009

Or you could be specialler than special and call yourself Ashleigh Kang.

That’s as bad as Chelsea. Or Shonagh.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

If you have a pen name, can’t any random person just claim to be you?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

If superheros can put up with it, I reckon a writer could.

If superheros can put up with it, I reckon a writer could.

Lol. If you don’t have a picture and never do interviews, anyone could claim to be you anyway. They could say that your real name was their pen name, and how would they know that you used a pen name unless you make it public knowledge or it’s a really ridiculous name.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

And they could also write some crap book under your name. XP

Your publisher would, I think, know your True Identity and be able to Protect it from Evil Doers.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Only if your publisher is Master Splinter.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

What if he dies of a heart attack? :P

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Splinter?

PFFFFFFFFT.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

Wait, does Splinter own a publishing house now? What are the Turtles doing?

Still being mutant nijas, I suspect.

What happens when they grow up and become Adult Mutant Teenage Ninjas?

Wait, I messed that up.

Mutant Adult Ninja Turtles? Yeah.

What happens then?

They retire and marry female mutant adult ninja turtles.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009

And make baby mutant ninja turtles, who then grow into the next generation of teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Generation

Wow, that just screams Sequelitis