Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

As many of you know, The Eye of Argon‘s ending has been lost to the sifting sands of time. The challenge is to write a new one, with the winner being the entry that comes closest to Theis’s renowned style.

I would write one of my own, but it’s too hot for me to think clearly.

This sounds so great! I will start work immediately!

BUMP.

Also, my entry (in bold):

Grignr began to reel and stagger under the blob, his chalk white face and faltering muscles attesting to the gigantic loss of blood. Carthena slipped from Grignr in a death-like faint, a morrow chilling scream upon her red rubish lips. In final desperation Grignr grasped the smoldering torch upon the ground and plunged it into the reeking maw of the travestry. A shudder passed through the thing. Grignr felt the blackness closing upon his eyes, but held on with the last ebb of his rapidly waning vitality. He could feel its grip lessoning as a hideous gurgling sound erupted from the writhing maw. The jelly like mass began to bubble like a vat of boiling tar as quavers passed up and down its entire form.

Grignr strove the cresset deeper through the things jelly-like flesh, searing its coarsing form with the blazing fire. The blob shrieked, transfixed by the now waning heat of the flames licking it’s shriveling interior. A final gasp as it let go of Grignrs leg, draining into the dirt, and leaving nothing but a livid stain upon the trodden ground. Grignr collapsed sighing with the weight of his impeanding death throws. He sank to the packed sward as Carthena roase to steady his crimsoned bulk with her lean pallow hands.

“No Grignr, do not leave me as thou would this world. Grasp thy life and rise again!”

Grignr, hearing the wench’s peaked crys, pushed himself from the earthen dust and laid on his right elbow to face Carthena.

“Carthena, my times here are done. I have defeated the hideous devil that those fiends worship and taken their prechious bauble to the grave. You must go and live your own life as I did. Goodbye…”

And Grignr died with a final coarsing shudder.

Carthena weapt long and loud for the slayed barbarian. The wench walked to the coral and mounted a dusty mare with it’s saddle, then rode away into the searing sunset. Back to her kindom where her father waited her and back to the family of it’s royalty. Leaving Grignr at peace.

E. P. I. C. W. I. N.

I’m still busy, I haven’t had time to write a substantial amount. (Stupid homework).