Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009

We don’t have a Red vs. Blue thread yet?! Come on, surely I’m not the only one who watches it! I just finished watching episode four and cannot believe how cruelly they’re treating us fans… can you say “Huge Mega Major Cliffhangers”?! But at least the plot started moving ahead, and we found out (sort of) what happened to

and what Caboose’s project is.

For those who have not been introduced to the wonderful world of Red vs. Blue, it’s a machinima (movies made with a videogame- in this case, the Halo games) about the Red and Blue teams from Blood Gulch, this little box canyon in the middle of nowhere with a base on each end. Everyone is a bit… unusual, probably due to being cooped up there for so long, and magnificence ensues. Be warned- especially in early episodes, profanity can reach brain-bleaching levels.

Which Red vs Blue? I got through all 5 seasons (have them on dvd, though my season 5 has gone missing, I need to get it again). Or has a new RvB show started?

I’d talk but… don’t want to spoil everything yet. Part of the fun is watching as things get revealed. (especially when they make no sense)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Well, there was the original 5 series (the Blood Gulch Chronicles), then they decided to make more. So then there was Red vs. Blue: Reconstruction, and now Red vs. Blue: Recreation. In Reconstruction, you learn more about the Freelancers, and in Recreation… well, I’m not quite sure yet. Something to do with the sand and Tucker. I’m still confused.

Ah. Well… yay!

I wonder if Reconstruction is on DVD. I’ll have to keep an eye out on Recreation.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I think so. You can watch all of the episodes on the Red vs. Blue site, too. (and machinima.com, I believe)

Yeah, but if you don’t catch them right away, you usually had to pay like membership or something to watch them. Since I’m bad about missing releases (and then binging later)...

Have they changed the site’s system?

•  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus

I saw the Blood Gulch Chronicles when the first came out, and then completely forgot about the series. They were hilarious though.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited

I’m pretty sure the episodes are still on the site for free… I’ll go check. I know Blood Gulch Chronicles is still available, at least on machinima.com, because that’s where I watched them.

EDIT: Ahh, here it is. I knew they had them somewhere! Click “More Seasons” at the top of this page.

Ah, old RvB. I watched it on and off for the first couple seasons. Then totally missed the last few. Is there any way to watch the old ones now? Apart from the DVD's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yeah, go to the site. Then go to the Videos section and click “More Seasons” at the top. It’s on the page I linked in my last post.

Um. Okay. I thought this was actually the colour. In which case I pick red. A pinky red, though, not an orangey red.

Steph like Donut.

Who’s surprised? lol

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009

It’s not pink, it’s LIGHTISH RED!

Yeah. They have a name for that color. IT’S CALLED PINK.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009

The shop-people calls it Radiant Red.

Whatever, guys. And what’s this about doughnuts?

Donut is a Red vs. Blue character.

Oh. I can’t tell whether you guys are insulting my by that reference or not.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

Also known as Lieutenant McMuffin, if you’re Caboose.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Let’s not bring Caboose into this. Then the thread’ll just degenerate into non sequiturs.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited

Good point. resists

I’m rewatching the old episodes. I forgot how funny they were! All the characters are… so very, very different from their modern-day counterparts, and yet you can totally see how they’ll end up the way they have. Caboose isn’t completely retarded! It’s shocking! Everyone thought Tex was a guy! I seriously forgot about that part.

“Uh, sir? Did you just… spit inside your helmet?” -Grif to Sarge, when Sarge is possessed by Church

Let’s not bring Caboose into this. Then the thread’ll just degenerate into non sequiturs.

Exactly. There’s a time for such things. It’s usually after nap-time but before 2nd supper-time. We can’t just go around making up times!

Caboose isn’t completely retarded!

What’s funny is how Caboose and Grif might just be the smartest people on the show.
    The discussion about the warthog makes me laugh every time.
    “What did I say about making up animals?”

• CommentAuthorsimian

Why are we here?

I don’t know. That’s one of life’s biggest mysteries isn’t it?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

No, I meant why are we out here in this canyon?!