Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Okay, this is really similar to the “Have You Ever” thread, but you give choices. You pick one of the choices (and maybe explain why) and then post a new question. Usually both choices are bad, but you have to pick which is better.

Would you rather be blind of deaf?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009

Deaf, I would rather see then hear. That way I can read undisturbed. :P

I agree with that.

Would you rather burn or freeze to death?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009 edited

Freeze. I’ve heard the later stages of hypothermia are actually quite comfortable (what with all the falling asleep bits), while I’d imagine burning to death would just be painful.

WYR publish a book that was read by millions, but you knew it was actually bad, or write a great book that no one ever reads (and it’s not even like you become famous after your death. Practically no one ever reads it, your genius is never realized, and you live in poverty forever, etc. etc.)?

I would like to say that I’d rather have a good book that no one reads, but that’s probably not true. I would rather have one that millions read, and become rich. I don’t really care about being famous, but rich is nice. If you had given me a slightly bigger audience and not have me live in poverty (I might have taken middle class) then I might have chosen option two. Might. If I were rich, I also wouldn’t have to care about critics. For example, I doubt that SMeyer and Paolini care about their critisim, at least not too much.

Would you rather be beautiful, but incredibly stupid, one of the stupidest people on the planet (you don’t have a mental illness; you’re just dumb) or be the smartest person alive, but be really, really ugly (you can’t have plastic surgery either)?

Smart. You can’t do anything with beauty, but you can do a whole lot with smarts.

Smart. You can’t do anything with beauty, but you can do a whole lot with smarts.

ah, to be a naive preteen again…

Would you rather eat a baby or get mutilated in the genitals?

I agree, but a lot of people have trouble with that question.

Would you rather go to jail (for a really long time, let’s say thirty years) for something you believe in or make a deal to turn over others and stay free?

EDIT: That was a response to Snow White Queen, sorry.

NEVER THEY MAY ENSLAVE ME BUT NOT MY MIND.

Would you rather have leukemia or AIDS?

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009

Leukemia. I think that has some kind of treatment at least.

Would you rather be eaten in the ocean or on land?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009 edited

All right, maybe what I should have said was you can do a lot more USEFUL things with smarts than with beauty. Which might not still be completely true…

If I was the smartest person in the world I could make a machine to make myself beautiful. XP

Would you rather take arsenic or cyanide?

Whichever is less painful.

Would you rather fall down or up?

If I was the smartest person in the world I could make a machine to make myself beautiful. XP

I doubt the smartest person in the world is an alchemist.

If you’ve noticed a majority of the smartest people ever have always abstained from relationships, ugly or not.

Anyway, I’d rather fall down hard so I can bounce back up.

If I was the smartest person in the world I could make a machine to make myself beautiful.

No plastic surgery or appearance changes are allowed.

Up because there’s no gravity to help me. I wouldn’t fall as far.

Would you rather read Maradonia and the Seven Bridges or The Eye of Argon?

Eye of Argon. It’s funny!

I plan to read that eventually. When something is called “the worst fantasy book ever written” you have to read it. Why didn’t they reproduce the drawings in the book. I read on Wikipedia that the original had crappy drawings too.

I actually read it on a spork on this site. It should be in the archives somewhere.

Yeah, I read part of it. Didn’t Sly do the spork?

Yep, if I remember rightly.

Would you rather engage is intercourse with this

or eat horse feces?

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited

Being a girl, it would be slightly more difficult, but if that is Rosie O’Donnell (can’t really tell), I’d try it. Sex with funny people is infinitely better than normal sex.

Would you rather live without chocolate (and I mean all chocolate, chocolate flavoring, chocolate milk powder…) or live without fruit (thus forcing you to get all your vitamins from vegetables!)?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009

Live without chocolate. :P

Without fruit. I need my dark chocolate!

Would you rather be sterile (unable to ever have kids of your own) or impotent (unable to have sex)?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Unable to have kids. I can always adopt.

These are all so negative! Here’s a positive one: WYR never need to sleep or never need to eat?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Never need to eat.

Never need to sleep. I could get more done… or at least waste time being awake instead of sleeping. This game tends be negative.

Would you rather eat a person or starve to death? (You’re stranded somwhere where there is no food. I’ve seen shows about survivers who ate people. You don’t have to kill them; they’re already dead.)

I’d eat them even if I weren’t hungry out of morbid curiosity.

Would you rather become invisble at random with no control over it or have to hear other people’s thoughts constantly.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Invisible.

Would you rather watch a hilarious B-movie with people sitting in awkward silence, or an amazing good movie with people heckling it at every turn?

The bad one.

I mean the hilariously bad B-movie.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

Since Tiwar failed, I'll go with Dan and say the first one. I can heckle the hilarious B-Movie for them if they're stuck up assholes.

Would you rather be pecked to death by trained crows, or have a performance review?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

Performance review.

A performance review.

Would you rather always have to say everything that’s on your mind or never speak again?

Always have to say everything in my mind. I hope I would freak out many more people than I already do.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

The first one. Hell, I'm already halfway there anyway.

Would you rather be sodomized by a mexican lime cactus or a saguaro?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Always saying everything in my mind. Gags exist, and it would help with my mental self-control.

RESURRECTION!

Would you rather kiss a tarantula or a snake?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010 edited

A snake, because generic “snake” may be poisonous or not. I’d gladly kiss a little non-poisonous snake (given that I have control of the head), but tarantulas are a defined species covered with barbs of wiry hair and have death in their eyes.

Would you rather go to a poetry slam featuring works by Christopher Paolini, or a street party organised by Justin Bieber?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010

Paolini by far.

Paolini, ‘cuz I would have a good laugh. And I don’t like parties.

Do a week’s worth of homework in one night, or stay up for three days watching action movies?

The latter by far.

Get the ability to lose or gain weight with a thought, or the ability to change your hair color on a whim?

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010

The first one, because that would be more useful to me.

Okay, which superpower would you rather have: flight or functioning underwater?

Functioning underwater. I could fulfill my dream of becoming an oceanographer and not have to worry about drowning.

Functioning under water. I’m scared of heights anyway.

Would you rather be able to time travel (with all the possible ramifications) or be able to teleport to any point (in the present) instantly?

Teleport. Definitely.

Time travel! That would be so cool…

Would you rather go out with someone you detest or be forced to read the Inheritance cycle?

Read the Inheritance Cycle. At least there’s some entertainment value.

Would you rather have a very happy, but unremarkable, life, or would you rather be very talented writer with a life full of tragedy?

Talented writer with a life full of tragedy. Then again, if I were one, I would probably want to be the former.

Would you rather be a talented poet or a talented artist?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010 edited

Hmmmm. Artist, I like pretty things, and get neat ideas for artistic stuff, but I lack the ability to create what I envision.

Would you rather Firefly came back, or the Harry Potter Encyclopedia came out?

Harry Potter Encyclopedia, I’ve never really watched Firefly, except for one episode and the movie.

Would you rather read Twilight or Inheritance?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010

Firefly.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR

Firefly is wrapped up, though. I’d rather get some Harry Potter backstory and detail. Also, Twilight. More lulz.

Ooh, that’s hard. I’d say more Firefly, because there’s already a Harry Potter wiki and countless books about HP. I hated the end of Serenity (it made me cry!!), and I want to find out more about the characters. Oh, and Inheritance. Even though I know it’s bad, I still have a tiny soft spot for the book that made me want to write. Plus, it doubles as a vocabulary builder due to all the thesaurus rape.

Would you rather be covered in bees or covered in fleas?

...fleas. Less massive poisoning involved.

Would you rather have the uncertainty and doubt of a relationship that could be with “the one” or a comfortable, but not necessarily long-term relationship with someone who is more of a friend?

Um, comfortable friendship. That way we can still be friends after, and that person could help me find who I think is the one.

WYR have a hugely well-paying job that you hate, or work for peanuts in a job you love?

...well paying. I’d do it for a while, save up, then quit. Mwahahaha!

Would you rather be able to turn into an animal, but not be yourself (you’d think like a chipmunk, for example, but you’d remember what had happened afterwards), or be able to share the body of an animal, but not control what was going on?

Share the mind. I’d hate to get stuck in an animal body and not remember how to get out.

Would you rather eat a lot of sub-par cafeteria food, or only a few bites of the best food in the world?

Few bites. I’d be very grumpy afterwards though.

Would you rather be stuck in a hot desert or a cold one? (Antarctica is mostly a desert)

Cold. I love heat, yeah, but I wouldn’t be so sensitive to just how thirsty I am.

Would you rather be emotionless, or have no physical feeling?

Physical feeling. I like being able to love, to be happy, etc. And unhappy emotions are still what make us human.

Would you rather have perfect nutrition and little sleep, or plenty of sleep but inadequate nutrition?

Perfect nutrition but little sleep. I rarely get sleep anyway, which is probably why I’m slowly gaining weight.

Would you rather never stop moving ever, or never be able to move?

Never stop moving ever--it's painful and not fun at the beginning, but you really do become a better person by meeting more people, and seeing new things. If I hadn't moved, I would be a really different person. (Sorry, I'm all sentimental because graduation was yesterday!)

Would you rather marry for power or marry for money?
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtimaeus
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010 edited

Money is power, and is a lot easier to stay on top of.

Would you rather be able to fly, or able to breathe underwater.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010

Fly. It’s not like I go swimming everyday.

Would you rather be mute or talk non-stop?

Mute; interpretative dance would be my voice. ;)

Would you rather be surrounded by people who spoke in a language you didn’t understand or be able to read people’s minds all the time?

The former. Given my relationship with my extended family, I’ve been in that situation plenty of times already.

Would you rather die in ten minutes or live for ten trillion centuries (as in, you’d still be alive after the sun explodes and destroys the Earth, leaving you floating around in space)?

• CommentAuthorNo One

I’ll be happy to die 10 minutes after New Year.

For men, would you rather wear a dress or a bra?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010 edited

A dress, provided it was either tartan, or Road-Warrior-style fur-lined leather.

Would you rathr have British police and German chefs, or Swiss cabaret and Australian bartenders?

British police + German chefs. I don’t find German cuisine to be that bad, and British police just look funny with their helmets. :D

Would you rather never be able to tell what someone was feeling (emotionally), or be able to feel what they were feeling all the time?

Feel what they're feeling all the time...it might be painful at times, but I would be able to help them at least!

Would you rather be super smart or super pretty?

Super smart. Being pretty (or whatever you call the equivalent for guys, (I have no idea what this would be. Anybody?)) just isn’t that important to me.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

I believe the word you’re looking for is ‘handsome’.

Would you rather write best-selling but crappy novels, or good but unknown novels?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Best selling. As shallow as that sounds, it is the truth. I’m going to assume writing is what you do for a career, so let’s rephrase that question: “Would you rather be rich and well known, or poor and unknown?

Would you rather listen to the worst song by your favorite band or the best song by your least-favorite band?

Would you rather marry a person you hated, but supported you and your family, or have a one night stand with your soul mate?

The latter. I’m morally opposed to both; I might as well do the thing that FEELS best.