Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I thought I deserved my own thread for this. I’m going to be gone from the 4th of July ‘till the 13th or so. I know you’ll ask, so I’ll tell you; I’m going to a music camp for clarinet. Yes, there is a reason I didn’t put an exclamation point at the end of that sentence. It’s because I’m hellishly nervous; I’m still not completely fluent in French. Right then, have fun with discussing superiority complexes if you like; if this turns out to be, mods, you have my permission to turn this thread into a serious discussion. ;) I would appreiciate some stalkers to take my mind off the language barrier, but that’s not going to happen… I’ll just tell you I’ll be in Bourgogne then. Bisous to all! ~ RVL

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009

Good luck! :)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Bonne chance!

I am stupid because I don’t understand this thread.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Oui, bonne chance. Et se rappelez vous ta dictionnaire.

Good luck! :D

Oh I get it now.

All right cya.

Good luck, RVL!

Bye, RVL! Good luck!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009

Sí, ¡buena suerte!

Bye bye, and don’t worry!

Hi everyone; I’M BACK!! YAY!! Yup, I hated it. Thanks for all the luck though… The thing is, I learned absolutely no French there. But the music was good. I did, however, learn quite a few things:

1) French guys are hot. As in I spent most of my time staring at a counselor who was at least 8 years older than me
    2) Cats make good friends
    3) Percussionists are always quirky
    4) Clarinetists are always standoffish
    5) Flutists are always snobby
    6) Oboists are always hot

Among other things. So, I guess it wasn’t a complete waste of time… Anyway, I’m glad to be home. :D

YOU’RE BACK! YAY!

It isn’t II without you, RVL. (If you can guess where I stole that from, good guessing).

Heh, no I can’t… But thanks; it’s good to be back. Finally, access to youtube!

Hey! You had all the hot guys and now you have Youtube? It’s not fair!

bats eyelashes

Heh, unfortunately, as I said before, they were all way older than me. :( Oh well!

David Krumholtz is older than me, as is Christian Bale, Rollo Weeks (Oh, Rollo Weeks! Forgot him. I CALL ROLLO!), and pretty much every celebrity and/or crush I have ever had with the exception of my boyfriend and a few select others. It’s OK! You can marry them when they’re old, like Anna Nicole Smith!

Oboists?

People who play the oboe.

No, but I mean, why are they all hot?

double post

That doesn’t mean what you all think it means, okay, so don’t start giggling at me.

I have no idea. It’s totally unfair, but there were about 10 in my orchestra, and all the guys were sitting right across from me; I got a perfect view. ;) But anyway, none of them were even slightly not-hot. It really bugged me after a while…

That really is odd!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

Welcome back!

Thanks Puppet. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I forgot how much you post. ;P

grins

I’m kind of glad I’m not a flutist anymore if they’re all snobby then!

Glad to see you back, RVL!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

But the flute is such a pretty instrument!

Well, it wasn’t pretty when I played it!

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

I can support that “percussionists are all quirky” comment from personal experience.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

:D WELCOME BACK.

:D THANK YOU.

Northmark, I know, it’s so true! When in doubt as to who to make friends with, the percussionists are a great place to start. ;P

Oh, yeah! They da bomb, dudes!

No, seriously, most percussionists are nice. What about those who play guitar and piano?

Ooh, I think I came up with those, and another one too:

All guitarists are random
    All pianists are shy
    All low brass players have no personalities/are extremely quiet

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

I resent being stereotyped!

...well, not really. I guess I’m pretty shy anyway.

I do a bit of all three.
    So far the only one that fits me is random.

Keep in mind, they’re always exceptions to these stereotypes. ;)

I’m not especially shy, and I play some piano.

Heyy all! I hate to bring up an old thread, but I thought it better than starting a new one.

I’m going to be at my Godparent’s house in Washington DC for the next week and a half, where there is limited internet. (weird, I know) I may be able to get on every now and then, but I doubt it. I’m not leaving ‘til the 31st, but I thought I’d just put this up in case I’m too busy later. ;) I’ll be back on August 13th, so until then! Bisous ~ RVL

All pianists are shy

Not only are they shy, but they’re devoted to their music. DEVOTED.

You go ahead and think that; I KNOW THE TRUTH! ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009

Neh. I'm not terrifically devoted to my music. I must not be a true pianist.

I’m devoted to music, just not playing piano. I’m an indifferent practicer.

THREAD RESURRECTION!
    And, I am leaving. Again. And yes, I will keep resurrecting this thread, as I feel it’s unnecessary to start a new one every time I leave. So, I’m going teambuilding (ugh, that word makes me cringe) in England with my class. I expect it to be lots of fun (not really). I’ll be gone ‘till the 11th, so talk to you all then I suppose! BYE!

Bye! Have fun! ;D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

Nothing wrong with going to England. Even if it’s for teambuilding. ;)

I agree with Spanspidkillthing Spanman.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

omgwtfbbq.

Where?

To the II English Bunker!

Put the kettle on, chaps!

• CommentAuthorRocky

bq. All guitarists are random
    All pianists are shy
    All low brass players have no personalities/are extremely quiet

All cellists are epic.

<_<
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Just because you’re one…

So far the II English Bunker only has like three inhabitants. They need some more company over there. =(

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

No, four!

But MegaB disappeared around the time of the Great Significant Event.

We hope to find him one day.

;_;

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

The Great Significant Event? How do I not remember this? But I miss MegaB greatly. He was a fellow cook. D: And we always miss our Brits when they disappear. Since there are so few of you. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I do not know, but it was a greatly significant event!

Aw, MegaB!

It always makes me sad when I forget one of our fellow number who disappeared into the abyss of the Internet. :(

I’M BACK! And yes, ‘twas hell. And yes, I’m glad to be home. Yay!

:D Welcome back!

Thankies! :D

The Great Significant Event was the fall of Anti-Shur’tugal and the advent of Sly’s numerous forum overhauls.

All singers are vain.

Also, I’ll be scarce for a while – my parents caught me while I was supposed to be doing homework. :(

Aww…

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009

The Great Significant Event was the fall of Anti-Shur’tugal and the advent of Sly’s numerous forum overhauls.

??

Not really. I just said it to sound impressive.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009 edited

And very impressive it was too.

All singers are vain.

I…can’t actually deny that.

Also, you know the ‘all low-brass players are incredibly dull’ or some such thing. I misread that as bassists. As in guitars. Oops.

All singers are vain.

I prefer the word arrogant. ;)

:) Nah. I’m vain, but not arrogant.

Vain, totally. preens

I’m a soprano too.

hides

Ooh. I think by definition I have to hate you.

Although today I’m sounding more like Kurt Cobain than anything.

I totally should have auditioned with a Nirvana song instead of my operatic symphonic metal. XP

Ooh. I think by definition that operatic symphonic metal has to be awesome. What is it?

Quietus, by Epica. (My choir teacher found it very funny that I listen to Dutch symphonic metal for some reason. I’ve forgotten that most people don’t listen to stuff from Finland and Sweden like I do. :D)

EDIT: Oh, you mean definition-wise. Well, really, it’s just heavy metal + classically influenced vocals. Nightwish are arguably the best known band of this genre (though their new singer is hardly operatic). Epica has a bigger emphasis on adding in a choir and lots of strings. :D

That was what I thought. That sounds nice. Like screamo, but without the screaming. best of both worlds. I love choirs and strings.

Some symphonic metal does have screaming/growling. Epica especially comes to mind, Within Temptation’s ealier songs, and a few of Lacuna Coil’s songs. Nightwish’s male singer actually sings, though their other male guest parts are mostly speaking in rhythm.