Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Welcome to Riverview.

I thought this’d be a fun thread. The basic premise is, I create a household of five Sims based on five of you lot, sit back and watch the AI gradually wreck itself over – all the while relaying the story back to you with commentary and pictures. It will be fun. Lulz will be had.

So, first I’ll need five foolish volunteers. Don’t be shy, don’t be shy. The reason I go for five rather than the maximum eight is simply because I can’t keep track of that many Sims without the game’s fun draining instantly. It also gives room for any potential spouses and children you will have. Also, if you want to be a part of the game and don’t make it, don’t worry. If this takes off well, I hope to do more households of five-a-piece that interact with each other, made possible by the live neighbourhood in The Sims 3.

So what do you have to do? Well, first you have to be fast, because it’s a first-come first-serve basis. You’ll need to give me either a picture of yourself or a general outline of what you want your Sim to look like/wear. Each Sim requires 5 traits, so you’ll also need to choose three of these varied personality traits. The fourth trait is selected by another participant (but each participant can only choose one other person’s triats). The final trait is selected by me. You have no say on the latter two traits. This is to prevent people from making Mary Sues or avoiding any of the more unsavoury traits such as ‘hot-headed’ or ‘unlucky’, as well as to make it more fun for the more sadistically minded – and if you’re not a sadist, why are you playing The Sims 3? Also, note that you can’t choose opposing traits – so you can’t be both ‘Love the Outdoors’ and ‘Hate the Outdoors’.

You can choose whether you want to be a baby/toddler/child/teen/young adult/adult/senior and if you want to be related to another player.

I think that covers all the bases, but feel free to ask if you’re uncertain about anything. So? Let’s go!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009

I am a foolish volunteer.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited

I volunteer!

Black hair, glasses, can wear whatever you decide. Young adult/adult, I think.

Absent-minded, bookworm, and…uh…genius, just for the suedom.

• CommentAuthorDrAlligator

I am a foolish volunteer.

Beautiful. Some more information would be nice, because that’s not quite enough to make it into the game.

Looks like Elanor’s our first, ahem, participant.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I’m not volunteering, but I do endorse this most impish of ideas.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Genius, Childish, Charismatic, Book Worm and Handy.

I want to be a baby, with big glasses and dark brown hair.

Oh, problem there – babies can’t have that many traits. Only two, I think. Want to revise that? Also, you can’t choose all five traits. In the case of a baby, you’ll only be able to choose one.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’ll take Genius.

Ok, just checked. Babies have 2 trait slots, Children have 3, Teens have 4, and Young Adults and onwards have a total of 5.

Puppet, you now get to choose one of Elanor’s traits. Make it something evil.

Elanor, you can choose Puppet’s second.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Mahaha. Puppet, you get to be…hydrophobic. Rabies!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Lol, I could make Elanor Dislike Children, or make her a Snob. One sec, I’m reading the list.

Elanor Dislikes Children. Excellent development.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Changed my mind, I do want to be an impish idiot.

Young adult, light blondy hair, charismatic, brave, lucky.
    Is cosplaying possible?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Sure, have Elanor Dislike Children, I was tempted to make her Inappropriate, though. ;P

Is cosplaying possible?

Give me a character and I’ll try to make you look like them.

Edit: Also – Moldorm, choose the trait for the 4th when they arrive. But the 4th isn’t allowed to choose the trait for Moldorm, or else the 5th won’t have anyone to pick a trait for. So: Moldrom -> 4th -> 5th -> Moldorm.

For Order.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Mullen! Or Dhaos. Or Murtagh, or Edward.

EDIT: Hehehehe. Hmmm, insane?

I’ll try going for Mullen, because he’s my favourite of the listed. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

EDIT: Hehehehe. Hmmm, insane?

Oh thank goodness. I was afraid you guys wouldn’t pick that.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Do we choose life goals as well, or are those randomly generated/sadistically chosen?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

In the words of Moldorm, I am not foolishly volunteering, but I do approve of this most impish of ideas.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

I’ll volunteer.

Teenager. Brown hair, Glasses. Honestly, make him wear whatever.

Absent minded. Heavy Sleeper. Genius.

Yep, that’s me.

• CommentAuthorCodeWizard

I’ll volunteer.

Ambitious

Loner

Inappropriate

As a teenager. Black hair, awkward, wears baggy jeans, and has no sense of style. You can do it.

Do we choose life goals as well, or are those randomly generated/sadistically chosen?

Life goals are determined by your personality traits. I’ll choose them myself, since we can’t really expect the choices the game will give.

Alright, one more player required! CGilga, your fourth trait is Insane. You can pre-emptively choose the next player’s fourth trait from now. And when the final player joins the fray, don’t forget to choose Moldorm’s fourth trait!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Can I choose CB’s? Please?

...oh, one last thing. With the exception of Elanor, I don’t know your genders. >_>

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Male.

And no, you can’t, because you already chose Elanor’s. CGilga chooses for CB and CB for Moldorm. Let’s finish the applications off then!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Darn. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Are all the spots filled up?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I’ll be female, for the lulz.

I choose “Easily Impressed”

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Are all the spots filled up?

Think so, Me, Elanor, Moldorm, DrA and CB.

As relayed from the picture thread.

Traits:
    Bookworm
    Evil
    Mean Spirited

I think all the volunteer posts are filled now. :(

Stupid lunch break!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Darn.

Why is there a limit? Can’t we have a whole II nation?

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

I’m a dude.

And CB is Over Emotional.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Lol.

Well, Dr. Alligator said five people, and according to my count, we’ve exceeded that.

It’s Puppet, Elanor, Moldorm, CGilga and CB, though we can’t complete it without CGilga’s final input. Sorry mate, you just missed your chance, Nate. :P

Eventually we may have a whole town of Impish Idiots, but it’d be very taxing on me to create and manage so many Sims. I also would not be able to give each Sim their deserved screen time, having to juggle through so many.

I’m creating the household now.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

I gave my final input.

CB is over emotional.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Can I have a microwave in my room?
    And a double bed with good quality feathery pillows.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Git, I told you to do this, and I don’t even get a character? XD I hate you forever and ever.

How do you expect to play god with only 5 people? You’re not even trying until thousands are living & dying at your command.

(Great, now I want to create a WoW guild and go pvping against a twilight or eragon fan guild.)

Git, I told you to do this, and I don’t even get a character? XD I hate you forever and ever.

Forget him Jeni. We’ll go build our own Sims. With blackjack! And hookers!

In fact, forget the blackjack.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

YEAH.

D: I like gambling. We can have alcohol at least, yes?

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

And the Sims, right?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Lol, @ Jeni.

D: I like gambling. We can have alcohol at least, yes?

Ok, we’ll have blackjack. And of course alcohol. We’ll name the town “boozeville” and everything.

it’ll be like living in Ireland.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Awwww… too bad I missed this. Tell us how it turns out.

I think part of the deal was to keep us updated. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Totally, daily posts. With pictures. And funny captions.

I’m creating the household now.

Elanor Al-Impish is young adult female who is absent-minded, a bookworm, a born genius, but who is inappropriate and dislikes children. Inappropriate Sims do inappropriate things, such as going ot a formal dress party in lingerie and trying to make out with strangers. Her favourite food is sushi. She likes the colour black and is a fan of electronica.

Puppet ‘Captain Manhatten’ Al-Impish is a male toddler – and an Evil Genius. Sorry Elanor, ‘Hydrophobic’ isn’t available for ones so young, but you can be sure I’ll make him a hydrophobe when he’s older. His favourite food is waffles and he adores the colour yellow. He adores custom music, for the sole purpose of giving me a reason to listen to my own stuff while playing this game. He is too young for glasses, unfortunately.

Moldorm ‘Sue’ Al-Impish is a brave, charismatic and lucky lass. However, this is counterbalanced by her neurotic and often over-emotional behaviour. She cosplays as her favourite character ever, Eragon, and wishes to one day have 20 friends. She adores the colour pink and enjoys pop. Her favourite food is cookies. She is also our cast’s token black man. Moldorm is a bitch for asking to specifically be female, because I created a really awesome male character before looking over and noticing the female request.

The original (way cooler) Moldorm:

CGilga ‘Mars Man’ Al-Impish is one of our younger members. An absent-minded genius, he is easily impressed and could sleep through a holocaust. His fifth trait is yet to come. His favourite food is peanut-butter & jelly and he just adores Latin music. His favourite colour is purple, and is infamous for his… unique brand of clothing.

Finally, we have C-Bastard Al-Impish, an ambitious loner and inappropriately evil. He loves cheesesteak, classical music and the colour orange.

And so the household is complete!

On with the show!

Very exciting!

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Cheese-steak… good choice, man.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

I’m Green! :D

You also wear speedos and tighty-whities. I went for speedos because you gave me the chance to. The tighty-whities were actually your default. :/

And yeah: Daily updates, captioned and all that jazz. Not sure if I’ll start with today, since I really ought to be going to bed soon.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

I was not aware that I had the option to decide my underwear.

And I was just talking about The Todd in a different thread…

How weird is that? (Although, The Todd wears a banana hammock. Is that any different?)

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Why is Elanor so, so, so… PINK? O_o

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

For the same reason Puppet is blue.

Heh. Red is a skin colour choice, just like blue and green. :D

Purple would be cool.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

And now I feel kinda dumb that I noticed the pink more than the green or blue…

I’ve played through a single day, update to come tomorrow. Updates will be in hidden text for the sake of conserving space – so whenever you load the page, you’re not bombarded with a hundred pictures.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Awesome!!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Awesome! I get to be Doctor Manhattan’s clone baby!

•  
      CommentAuthorSMARTALIENQT

@CGilga

Teenager. Brown hair, Glasses. Honestly, make him wear whatever.

Absent minded. Heavy Sleeper. Genius.

My hero! Or my twin, but that approaches incest.

I’m mad I wasn’t here for this! Curse you, theater camp!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

At least you have lives. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Also why is the Child-Hater/Perv holding me? 0_o

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Also why is the Child-Hater/Perv holding me? 0_o

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA—ahem.

No reason. No reason at all.

<<
    >>

• CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited

Oh, don’t complain. If it wasn’t for Elanor, little baby Puppet would have had to go to sleep on the kitchen floor.

Also, I really am annoyed that Moldorm asked to be a woman. The male character was so good. He was all “You make fun of my fandom and you die bitches.” Except he was charismatic, so this translated to “I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts.”

Then the Sims in his vicinity would try to procreate with him.

Even the men.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Sorry for being a problem. I don’t honestly mind about the gender that much, so if you want to use your awesome male character, please do.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009

Is it possible to make me bald? When I said brown hair I didn’t think it would go along with blue skin. :P

Nope, too late on both accounts. The post will be up later. I got bored while uploading the pics to photobucket and went to play Smash Bros. So whenever I get bored of Smash Bros, I’ll come back and upload Day 1 here.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Smash Bros is a good reason for a delay. Better than the reasons given for Smash Bros’ own delays, anyway.

The first day is chronicled after the jump. There were some problems, mainly this being my first time so I screwed things up some. Sorry about the picture sizes, they’ll be made smaller next time around.

Also, as a disclaimer, some of what I reported is my own interpretation of these complex specimens of Sims. Like CGilga’s… well, you’ll see.

So, without further ado:

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Aww, I’m so cute!

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

And so lonely!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’m also a evil genius. MWHAHAHAHAA!

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Poor Puppet, you’ve got it harsh.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

No food for me. :(

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

This game looks so fun. I really want to buy it, but I don’t have $50 right now to shell out on video games. >.<

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga

This is made all the better by the fact that I will now be judging everyone off of their Sims.

Plotting my neighbor’s downfoall sounds like something I’d do.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Awwwwww, poor Puppet. Oh, and poor neighbors. They should just send over a fruit basket next time, maybe the Impish Idiots would take that?

Personally, I hope they never drop by again. Save for a driving lesson, I’ve got the entire day free tomorrow, so you can expect the next update sometime then.

Ha! This rocks :D

WE DEMAND MORE!!! :D

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

This page takes 7 seconds to load now. :P

Why? Don’t you have a browser cache?

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I totally agree with OLD. This thread is awesome. =D I can’t wait for you to let more people into the fun. I already have my traits picked out for when you decide to open this to more people. And I’m watching this thread like a hawk.

Obsessive much?
    Nahhhhhhh!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Yes. I don’t really know why it takes so long, posting even takes a bit longer then usual. Anyways it doesn’t matter, I can wait. :P

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

Damn, I wish I went on the forums sooner. If you do a new game ever, tell me. I want in. :P

Yes. I don’t really know why it takes so long, posting even takes a bit longer then usual. Anyways it doesn’t matter, I can wait. :P

I’m playing in a full day at the slowest speed of the game, where I usually play it at the highest speed. I have to keep track of all 5 sims to capture their moments. Afterwards, I have to track through 100+ screenshots and choose the ones that tell the best story. Then I have to write my commentary. After that, I have to rename each individual screenshot because Photobucket orders mass-uploaded pictures by an odd numbering, so I get ’1, 10, 15, 17, 18, 19, 105, 2, 20, 23…’ which makes it a hassle because I then have to search for each individual screenshot, slowing me down.

This is not including the part of my life that doesn’t revolve around this game.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I think she meant for herself, DrA. =)

You think who meant what for themself?

/confused

Sorry if I sound angry. I’m only mildly annoyed. :|

any spaces still open?

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Puppet’s comment on it taking so long. She meant the page is taking so long to load. Not that you should be going faster with the fun pictures.

• CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

Oh, ok.

Steph, you can reserve a spot for the next household (whenever I make it, but I plan to). Nate’s got a spot too, and so does Jeni (cuz she’s a whiny little thing). So that makes three.

Also.

On the topic of these Sims.

YOU GUYS ARE SUCH FUCKING ASSHOLES.

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU.

I CANNOT BELIEVE ANY OF YOU AT ALL.

I HOPE NONE OF YOU GETS A JOB AND YOUR PROPERTY GETS RECLAIMED. I PRAY YOU ALL END UP LIVING IN A PARK AND HAVING TO SUBSIST ON COCKROACHES. YOU ARE ALL WORTHLESS DICKHEADS.

Goddamn.

Post to come later.