Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRand
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

So, I was re-reading this Pulitzer-Prize winning novel today. I do immensely like it, but I've got some questions about various parts of it. I don't know if anyone here has read it (but there are a lot of bits that remind me of you guys- not just the Ghetto part!).

But anyway. This is a thread for fans, haters, etc. And there will probably be spoilers.

My first question is, there are two parts of the book where Junot Diaz blanks out a three-word phrase, like this: ---------- ---------- --------------. He says the mongoose says this to Oscar, and that if Yunior had said it to Lola, they would have turned out okay. Is it supposed to be 'I Love You' or is that just me? Because I can't imagine the mongoose saying that to Oscar. Which reminds me, next question:

Like, what is the mongoose all about? I mean, I think I get the Man With No Face stuff he's got going on, but the mongoose? J-j-just what is he supposed to mean?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRand
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009

*sigh* Someone tell me you've read this book. *followed by weeping*

Sorry Rand, can’t say I have… :(

•  
      CommentAuthorRand
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009

Grrrrrrr.