Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited

I don’t have school for another two weeks.

In two weeks, I will have gone to less actual school / classes than you will have by that week. I’m glad to be back.

I was flipping through channels and heard “in the land of Alga-whatever blah blah blah dragons and riders.” Or something like that.

Re: Taylor Lautner

I saw a poster for New Moon in Walmart, and Edward was in the foreground looking sulkily over his shoulder as Jacob and Bella looked at each other.

This isn’t it, but… do you think that’s the cliff?

What kind of pose is that?
    It does look like it could be that scene.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009

Certainly looks very precipicey.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Both Lautner and Patterson look retarded in that poster.

• CommentAuthorliadan14

The New Moon trailer cracks me up. I hadn't ever put much time into imagining what it would look like, but Jacob turning into a werewolf should really not be literally FURSPLODE. It's kind of ugly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

That whole Jacob wolf face thing is a pretty good example of what NOT to do when using photoshop.
    • CommentAuthorliadan14

Also, I maintain that putting Edward next to any of the Quileutes (sp?) will end in disaster, because he looks like a puny little frat boy on drugs in a stupid sports car and they look like big giant hulking people with teh hair in gigantic vans. This cracked me up in the first movie. I think the people watching it with me were kind of annoyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I dont’ know how they’re possibly going to make it look like Edward is better than any of Teh Werewolfs.

Edward’s face on that poster reminds me of how much I hate him and how much better Jacob is.

For some raisin I think Kristen Stewart looks good in that picture, even if she’s in a really unnatural looking pose.

For some raisin reason

Fixed.

You fixed nothing. I typed “raisin” on purpose.

Half-wolf half-man face made me facepalm.

You fixed nothing. I typed “raisin” on purpose.

Are you implying Kristen Stewart is a raisin?

Are you implying Kristen Stewart is a raisin?

No, it’s just an obscure reference that has worked its way into my normal vocabulary.

Because I am the greetest.

I prefer Bella as a raisin.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

tsk, tsk, you need to refine your photoshoping skilz.

I’m on Lunapic, which, while it suits my purposes as an amateur photoshopper, is not nearly as good as Adobe and is extremely limited.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Try Gimp or Paint.NET.

I’m gonna go see Inglorious Basterds while everyone is at school tomorrow.. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Picnik is pretty good too. But yeah. Gimp is great.

At first glance, I thought that the wolf-Jacob face was Aslan.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I can’t get over how utterly dumb both of the guys look in that poster..

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Ever since I heard about Jacob in Braking Dawn I’ve imagined him like this:

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

XDDDDDD

.. [wipes away tears of laughter]

Puppet, is it alright if I hug you? That was just more win than I can express using my words.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

PEDOBEAR!!!!

Win. EPIC win.

Puppet. Is. Winsome.

Yeah, that’s just win.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009

Hehe, epic Puppet is win.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Er, thanks…?

Heh heh… ;)

Just watched Emma. Meh, Pride and Prejudice was better.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I saw Get Smart and Get Smart 2 over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. I’d never seen Get Smart before and assumed it was that sort of retarded romantic comedy where “humor” is that the main character is an idiot and gets kicked in the groin a lot.

Much to my surprise, it was reasonably intelligent comedy, and I’d actually consider watching it again. The second one (with Bruce and Lloyd) was a bit more ridiculous, but still actually funny.

Re: Pedo Bear

I was talking with my sister when I started laughing hysterically. As it was a rather mundane conversation (we were insulting each other using Word Association), she thought I’d finally snapped.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

You haven’t snapped yet?

I could have sworn you were already crazy….

I’m not crazy!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I just saw Inglorious Basterds..

.. and must say it was amazing. The acting is really well done, and the ending has gotten a spot on my favorite endings of all time, a title previously only held by The Departed. I recommend everyone to see it.

Also, when Brad Pitt does a Tennessee / Appalachian accent is not only funny, he then does an in character Italian accent.. which is downright hilarious.

@ RVL: which version of Emma did you see? I liked the one with Gwyneth Paltrow, but I’ve never read the book, so…

Also, when Brad Pitt does a Tennessee / Appalachian accent is not only funny, he then does an in character Italian accent.. which is downright hilarious.

Gratzy

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Ah-rivaderchi.

That said, I am disappointed your summary did not make any reference to Hans Landa.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I wrote my summary on one bowl of cereal for the entire day.I have since had a huge plate of spaghetti.

Hans Landa was great. He spoke four languages!

There’s a Get Smart 2? What?

Yeah, he really stole the movie for me. My first thought every time he went offscreen was “When is he going to be back?”

I saw Equilibrium today, and holy shit Christian Bale is a bad ass. Gunkata!

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009

I saw Equilibrium today, and holy shit Christian Bale is a bad ass. Gunkata!

I headdesked over that thing so much.

Really? Okay, I mean the setting was a ripoff of 1984, and the characters of The Matrix, making some strange bastard lovechild. But what a cool lovechild. Gunkata!

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

See: this.

:|

I watched eight minutes of it, I’m not sure what his complaint is. That he assumed what was obviously an action movie was trying to be an intellectual film? That style of “review”, making a big detail of of every minor thing the reviewer doesn’t like and ridiculing the rest, can make any movie sound bad.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

They did a rather horrible job of being supposedly so emotionless. It’s not that they didn’t show emotion; they did, just only the bad ones.

Also, the puppies.

The puppies were hilarious.

Shoot the men? Women? Children? Oh, okay—NO DON’T SHOOT THE PUPPIES NOOOOOOOOO THE PUUUUUPPIES!

@ RVL: which version of Emma did you see? I liked the one with Gwyneth Paltrow, but I’ve never read the book, so…

Yeah, the one with Gwyneth Paltrow. I didn’t like the other one so much…
    I just watched Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions back to back. I found the ending quite satisfying. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I never found the sequels of the Matrix to be that bad. Sure, they weren’t as good as the first, but there were some highlights – The Merovingian was an interesting character, plus the ending was good.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I agree.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Reloaded had the Twins and the Chateaux fight and car chase.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Yeah, the chase seen was great too. I don't get why alot of Matrix fans act like the sequels are the worst things to ever happen. They were decent movies.

Oh, and that fight scene with Neo + tons of Smith clones was pretty sweet.

Oh, and that fight scene with Neo + tons of Smith clones was pretty sweet.

Ha ha, indeed! The fight scenes were pretty well done, but some of them dragged out a bit.

• CommentAuthorliadan14

Reloaded was…meh. I mean, Morpheus had exactly one facial expression, and his sunglasses were really dumb.

Also, I watched the first one in the context of a philosophy course, and the second one was kind of less about the philosophy and more about “We Good. They Bad. Let’s Have Cool Special Effects Fights.” And in re special effects fights- why were they so long?

Then again, I had to watch it in German. Listening to them consistently referring to him as “More-Foys” is irritating. And “This is a dead…end.” is way cooler than “Tut mir leid, dies ist eine Sack…Gasse”.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Reloaded had the Twins

That automatically made it winsome.

They should have kept them. ;_;

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Re: Special Effects Fights: because they’re awesome, I suppose?

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009

"Teaser Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh5FD2AePJ0

I know, no more New Moon, but this is hilarious. It reminds me of Kitty’s cartoon.

Also, this is the poster I saw in the store.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

I can’t get over how not attractive Kristin Stewart is. ._.

I can’t get over how not attractive Kristin Stewart is. ._.

Hater !!

Also, a hearty lol at the second picture. Jake ain’t a werewolf, he’s a were bird dog. Edward got owned.

Where did Kitty go? I need her to make new awesome cartoons! Ah, well, I can make myself feel better…

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Ooh… Inception looks good. I like DiCaprio and Caine. And anything with world bending physics should be interesting.

• CommentAuthorRocky

That shot with the glass of water. Good gravy. That one shot piqued my interest more than anything in that two and a half minutes of supposedly groundbreaking CGI in the _Avatar_ teaser.

I'm totally looking forward to _Inception_, not just because of the cast or because Nolan's the helmer, but because it just looks flat out interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah, in Basterds I saw a trailer for Avatar, which looked okay but I probably won’t go out of my way. I so will for Inception, that glass of water was so cool.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I saw the Avatar trailer – the first 25 seconds of the trailer was so boring and predictable. It feels like I’ve seen beginnings like that so many times. Ehh. It looks so-so. I’ll probably see it a while after it comes out at the Budget theater near my house, but I’m not going to rush out for it.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009

I saw Ponyo today, thinking that it would be good because of the positive reviews the critics gave it. I came out thinking it was too damn weird. There’s a lot of bizarre stuff in the movie that isn’t really explained very well. And why doesn’t Japanese animation seem as fluid as what you see in Disney movies?

Because it isn’t. The framerate is about half of what Disney films have had.

I saw Sunshine Cleaning the other day. It was pretty good, but not at all what I was expecting.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009

I watched 300 for the first time last night… for some reason, I never get around to watching movies until ages after they’re released.

^^I do that sometimes too.

I saw this trailor during either the Star Trek or Terminator movie, and I can’t remember what the movie was called. It was about the future, where people were hooked up to machines and didn’t actually do anything. Instead, they had these representations of themselves (I think of holograms or something), and they control them and interact through them. If their hologram dies, then it is replaced or reset, and the human isn’t harmed, but then the humans start to die along whenever the holograms do, and no one know why. Does anyone know what this movie is called?

And I want to see James Cameron’s Avatar because it’s supposed to be in really awesome 3D.

Does anyone know what this movie is called?

Surrogates

^^Thank you so much!!! That has been bugging me for at least a week.

I saw Oldboy for the second time…

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009

Inglorious Basterds was fantastic. Made me feel a bit demented, though. Since during many scenes the entire crowd would be in an uncomfortable silence, but Sly and I would be laughing really hard… It’s sad how some people can’t appreciate Quentin Tarantino.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009

Only yesterday I remembered that ridiculous pipe he pulls out in the first scene that my friend and I died of laughter at.

Watched Destrict 9 yesterday.

I really enjoyed it; it felt very refreshing after the year-long bombardment of standard Hollywood films. Basterds is the next movie on my list.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009

Basterds is great.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009

Saw Kite Runner yesterday. Very good, but really hard to watch sometimes.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

Just finished 9, it’s only 10 minutes, but still pretty good.

I watched Dolores Claiborne the other day. It’s a really weird movie based on a Stephen King book, and I’m not exactly sure what the point was. The acting was pretty good though.

I just saw Inglorious Basterds. It was simultaneously the bloodiest and one of the best films I have seen. I loved the Winston Churchill cameo.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009

Naw, Basterds wasn’t too bloody. It had its sickening moments (scalping, anyone) but it wasn’t too bad. Was great though.

Mostly it was the climax scene for me, where beware! All the dialogue was great and suspenseful, and I thought it was paced superbly for such a long film; not once did I fidget or check my watch. I cannot decide if Aldo Raine or Hans Landa was my favorite character.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Oh, yeah, the climax is awesome.

Hm.. I dunno.. both are so ludicrous its amazing. Landa has his pipe in the beginning, but when Raine does his EYEtalian accent… I about died.

I have to go with Landa.

• CommentAuthorLord Snow

XD That’s a tough choice…

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009

I watched TDK last night for the first time since last summer. It was moar awesome than I remember.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009

Yeah… I’ve been meaning to watch it again for about the past two weeks. I should tonight.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009

I…still haven’t seen it.

Rockydon’tkillme.

@ Elanor: You have been deprived. Severely. If only because you’ve never seen Ledger’s Joker.

There’s really no excuse for not seeing it.

There’s really no excuse for not seeing it.

QFT.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009

bq. You have been deprived. Severely.

bq. There’s really no excuse for not seeing it.

These.

I’m going to see 9 today. I liked the original short film (saw it last year in 2007, before I knew that there would be a movie), but I’m curious about the way that they’ll turn it into a feature-length movie.

So, I just saw La Môme and it was very, very good. As well as very, very sad, but that’s how I like movies. ;) If you haven’t seen it, I would strongly recommend it; basically, it’s the story of the French singer Edith Piaf’s life. ‘Twas very touching.

Saw The Informant! a few hours ago. And despite a few laughs, I just thought it was kind of boring.