Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Good for the self esteem?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

Anyone gonna catch District 9? Looks to be very good.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

@ sansafro: Taylor Lautner’s the kid who plays Jacob in Twilight. Now no longer Pretty Cool.

They should have a separate credit nod for the kid's hair (Taylor Lautner's...)...it is monstrous. I'm like: Holy Cow....it is HAIR! And....it is longer than Bella's.

*is disturbed*
    We just watched.....I cannot remember. It was the paint fumes today, I swear. But most of the painting is done so that is :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

I hope they get that hair cut like he did in the book. His super long Indian hair thing is just too much.

Anyway, yesterday I went and saw Julie & Julia without knowing what to expect at all. I loved it. Amy Adams is terrific and besides, any movie about cooking is guaranteed to entertain me. And then some friends and I went and made a perfect souffle because we were really inspired. A perfect souffle. My life is complete.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

But he needs long hair to look more wolfy!
    Besides, they already have RPatz to please the short-hair fans. It’s good for the contrast.

RPATTZ! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wasn't Taylor's hair short in the trailer?
    Not in the ones I saw. Yeeeeeesh....it's like kelp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Ohh. About the Taylor-Lautner-wanting-to-date-a-fan-thing—

—okay, so confession, I was at the grocery store today and was bored with the watermelons, and saw that one of the teenpop magazines had the headline TAYLOR LAUTNER WANTS TO DATE YOU and I was like “shameohshameshameshame but I cannot resist” so I took the magazine and ran away to a corner to read the “article”.

As far as I could tell, he didn’t actually say he wanted to date a fan—more like that he wouldn’t be adverse to dating one. Which is sensible, in my opinion. I recall Rupert Grint saying the same thing (why, I don’t know, but I do. my brain latches onto the oddest things).

Oh, and there was a separate little column on WHO DOES TAYLOR HAVE A CRUSH ON and the people were—dundunDUN—

—Selena Gomez, Jessica Alba, and Megan Fox.

combination of sigh, facepalm, and eyeroll

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Really? I’d say….

?, nod, headdesk

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

Ohh. Whoops, didn’t mean that last bit was in order about those people.

Buuut if it were, then it would be ...huh?, yeah yeah mmhmm, why-am-I-not-surprised.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Fasighrollm?

Maybe they just want to date fans so that they know they’ll have something in common?

Virgil, YES! I can’t wait; opens Friday and I’m gonna go see it.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah I will definitely try to catch it, RVL.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

That, and Inglorious Basterds.

Wasn’t Taylor’s hair short in the trailer?

I think I know which one you mean. I’m pretty sure it’s just pulled back.

@Virgil
    I also want to see District 9.

Yeah, District 9 looks great.

I’m so set for Inglorious Basterds. Tarantino hasn’t let me down yet, and he wanted this one to be his masterpiece.

puts on ninja face

Let’s kill some NAZIS!

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

We heard you’re an amateur in the Nazi killing business… wanna go professional?

• CommentAuthorUn-Dante'd

District 9 looks like one of the best movies of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

We heard you’re an amateur in the Nazi killing business… wanna go professional?

[flails]

ohmygoshcannotwait.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Those two are gonna rock people’s socks off.

I’m trying to watch Metropolis, but it’s SO. SLOW. And it’s a silent movie.

I’m about twenty minutes in, with an hour and a half to go. At least the special effects are nice; you’d never guess that it was made in 1927 except for the horribly dated fasions.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I am so brave. I plumb the depths of humanity- aka, the rabid Twilight online… places. I dare not call them “sites”, for fear they shall infect us.

Yes, Jacob’s hair gets cut, so there’s only the disgusting wig for the first part of the movie. Hopefully he cuts his hair in the first five minutes, because there is no other way I’m going to make it to the cliff-throwing-off-of part.

I’m so set for Inglorious Basterds.

I want to see that too.

“killin’ NAZIS!”

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009

Yeah, I want to see that, District 9, and Funny People.

Just watched Choke. It was better than I thought it would be. Though, not as good as the book. (Suprise, suprise :P)

Funny People looks good, too. Have you guys seen How to Lose Friends and Alienate People?

A bit late on the discussion but I think Taylor Lautner has a brilliant idea.

Two words: easy sex.

Not everyone wants a strong, loving relationship that lasts a lifetime and stays minty fresh throughout, full of anniversaries and children and grandchildren.

Some people just want to go at it on the couch for the night and then move on.

Brilliant move, Lautner. I bet he owns at chess, too.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

Saw GI Joe this weekend. I had fun, but it wasn’t outstanding or anything.

Wow. District Nine was… Epic. I loved it; the humans were, sadly, portrayed very realistically.

District 9 and Funny People are on my to-see list. I’ve looked at all of the viral stuff, and I sympathize with the aliens.
    But G.I Joe… I think that I was the only kid in my town to know what “G.I” stood for, and I wondered “Why does general infantry get jetpacks and super awesome weapons?”

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

‘Cause they’re G.I. Joes, not regular G.I.s.

Anyway, I just got back from District 9, and it wasn’t quite what I expected. It wasn’t bad, I just would have prefered a different plot (like examining how people react to the fact that they now have to share living space with aliens, or finding out about illegal activities going on in D9).

Don’t give away any of the plot, but what could you tell me about the robot?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Legion, red band trailer.

This looks.. well, great from the trailer, but it may not be good. Dennis Quaid, some black guy I always forget the name for.. etc.

Your fucking baby’s gonna burn!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I saw about 5 minutes of G.I. Joe while i was waiting for Harry Potter to start, and from what I saw it looked like the biggest excuse for exploding/flipping/in some way destroying cars/people/national monuments. Quite fun to watch, but completely devoid of anything interesting besides the action…

• CommentTimeAug 15th 2009 edited

Tyrese Gibson, Virgil. Seems your kind of story. Angels, God, the Apocalypse, demons…
    Lead us, the lost, Virgil!
    Edit: I knew it was Gabriel from first sight :)

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009

Yes, Tyrese Gibson. I always recognize him but forget who he is.

Yeah it looked alright, but I’ll wait and see until reviews come out.

My brother has been calling to pester me about seeing G.I. Joe for close to a week now. I know it’ll be a trainwreck, but I guess if it’s got five minutes of Snake Eyes fighting Storm Shadow, that’d go a long way with me towards redeeming the whole endeavor.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

I just watched (500) Days of Summer and can heartily recommend it. Even if I feel a little less masculine doing so. It’s not a chick flick! It’s just… a romantic comedy. Whatever. Anyways, it breaks out of cliches and is adorable besides.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I’ll probably watch it because of Zooey Deschanel.

I’ll just saw Ponyo, and Miyazaki certainly doesn’t disappoint. It was also much lighter in tone compared to his other films.

Watching Pinocchio on TV. Ah, nostalgia...

Legion, red band trailer.

Holy fuck.

Yes.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Holy fuck.

Inorite. :D

My eyes are bleeding molten gold right now. That looks so awesome. But judging by the reaction the fundies had to even the religious-free adaptation of The Golden Compass, there’s going to be quite a shit storm when more people here about this.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Fundies shmundies. I want people beating the crap out of each other, even more so as angels.

No idea what’s wrong with it; it looks like a rehash of Noah IN THE FUTURE.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

I saw District 9 today. Pretty good, although I felt the ending dragged on for a bit.

@ QC: Pinnochio always scared the heck out of me. I’ve always been an Aladdin girl. :D

I felt the ending dragged on for a bit.

Agreed; it wasn’t perfect, but overall, possibly the best movie I’ve watched in a while. Oh and I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic again. Blech.

@SWQ: I love Aladdin too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

@ QC: Pinnochio always scared the heck out of me. I’ve always been an Aladdin girl. :D

Monstro was indeed a scary whale.

I do like the cat though.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

Pinnochio was a fairly scary children’s movie, to be honest. It wasn’t that comfortable of a children’s book either. Sort of Brother’s Grimm.

Pinnochio never appealed to me; mostly because I lied a lot when I was small… ;)

• CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

I recommend Jarhead.

@SWQ
    I think that Aladin and Pinnochio were both on ABC Family on the same day.

I have the Pinnochio video game based on the live action movie. I used to play it all the time. It has like four discs and is pretty hard actually.

Yeah, that’s what I was watching.

And Hercules before either of them! God, I hadn’t seen that movie in probably 11 years.

I think that Matilda was on after the rest of them. I didn’t watch any of it, but I did seriously consider it.

Yep. I recorded it and watched it the next day.

EDIT: finally finished Rebel Without A Cause. James Dean is hot. :D

James Dean is hot. :D

This is so true. Just watched the Dead Poet Society again. ‘Twas wonderful, as always.

I saw some of Dead Poet’s Society, but not the whole thing. I should finish it.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009

My friends have said I should watch that, so maybe I should get on it sometime.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009

Eh… I didn’t like it.

MAJOR Spoiler…

Has anybody seen Thirteen? I was on IMDb and read some stuff that led me to some other stuff that led me to Thirteen. Is it good?

I’ve seen it. I thought the general premise was good, but I had a hard time believing some of what went on in the movie.

• CommentTimeAug 19th 2009

I would be pissed off throughout Thirteen mainly because the girls are almost everything that I oppose.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Saw Anastasia and Pride & Prejudice (the newer one). Anastasia: It’s been years. It’s like a low-budget Disney movie – alright, but at times unbearably sappy. The main guy was cuter than I remembered (It’s true; cartoon characters can be handsome!) P&P: More drama than ever. More burn than ever. More handsome men and beautiful clothes than ever. Hooray, propriety! Lurve that movie. I lurve the other one more though.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Anastasia is actually not even a Disney movie. It’s a Fox movie. =P

I know because I got the urge to watch it a few months ago.

Yep. I used to love Anastasia. The songs are actually as good as a Disney animated film (the good ones, at least. None of this Brother Bear nonsense)

Which P+P, Spanman?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009 edited

Yeah, I know it’s not Disney, it just ran sort of like a Disney movie with less funding. A little too rough around the edges to be really enjoyable…

EDIT@SWQ: The 2006 one, of course. Which other P&P could possibly rival it in overdrama?

Oh, right. I saw it so long ago in a really crappy theater in Lexington. I don’t remember what happens (other than the P+P plot) I do remember that I prefer the A+E.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009

Is Inglorious Basterds out yet?

• CommentAuthorLord Snow

Friday, I think.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I see..

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

I lurve the other one more though.

Ditto to that. Was it just me that at the very beginning, didn’t think Elizabeth was all that pretty, and then, approaching the end, was whacked in the face by her prettiness?

...er, that was a convoluted sentence.

My friends have said I should watch that, so maybe I should get on it sometime.

Yes, you should indeed.

Bit of a spoiler:

Neurotic, no, he’s not an idiot, he just has an idiotic father.

• CommentAuthorLord Snow
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009

Watched Kill Bill on Blu-Ray last night, with Sly. It was awesomeness. And it looked incredible on Blu-Ray.

I just got back from Inglorious Basterds. It was… strange. Not quite what I was expecting.

• CommentAuthorRocky

I'm going through withdrawls. I need a really good adventure flick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Was it good sansa?

Was it good sansa?

Eh, I’ll need some time to think about it before I will really know how good it was. It was really decompressed, which leads to mileage variance depending on your tastes, and the ending was a total anachronism. I wish it would have had more actual Basterdry. It had a lot of subtitles, which could be bothersome if you don’t normally watch much subtitled media to the point where reading them is second nature.

That said, there are a number of strong scenes, the acting is good, it’s funny, and it’s not as gory as it could be(I’m pretty squeamish about explicit gore). If you like Tarantino movies I would definitely check it out.

I want to see Inglorious Basterds, I like the way Brad Pitt’s career is going.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I find myself really liking his work. However my favorite actors are probably Nathan Fillion and Alec Baldwin.

Pitt tore it up. Given the character and the accent, a lesser actor would’ve just degenerated into total scenery chewing, but I think he managed to stave it off for the most part.

He’s actually a talented actor, contrary to popular belief.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Was I the only one who didn't like his turn in _Troy_?

Eragon is on ABC Family right now.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009

[shudder]

I should be going to see Inglorious Basterds tomorrow. Woot for everyone being in school!

Lucky. I have to go to school tomorrow. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

:P

I don’t.

:P

D:<

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Muahahahha..

..except I have class on Tuesday.

Well, I have class Monday through Friday. So you probably win.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I don’t have school for another two weeks.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited

Eragon is on ABC Family right now.

Damn, better watch it, since I never have before. Why would you say this ;_;

Jeremy Irons does not belong in this movie.

Also, I never have school again, orohohoho.