Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPK67tnsfZc&feature=channel
    EPIC.
    WINNAGE.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

For people too lazy to copy and paste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPK67tnsfZc

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

:D Thanks Jeni

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

It looks interesting… but it just seems wrong.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I just saw The Princess and the Frog. Keith David is probably my favourite voice actor ever.

I want to see Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland so badly. It looks like it’s going to be awesome and appropriately weird. It’s amazing how Johnny Depp just melts into all these outlandish roles.

(Although I’m probably more easily amused than Puppet, who is a hardcore fan if I remember rightly.)

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

U.S. Marshals. Tommy Lee Jones is badass. Also, I was surprised to see Robert Downey, Jr. in it. The Fugitive is better, but I still enjoyed it.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

School of Rock. I love this movie so much. <3

Metropolis. Already, I’ve spotted how this movie influenced Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Superman, Dark City, and Indiana Jones.

I couldn’t make it through twenty minutes. That movie is so slow.

School of Rock is indeed awesome.

last thing I watched was Psycho.

It’s just a superb movie, and very well made. Anthony Perkins is just brill as Norman Bates, the score is amazing, and I love the twist at the end. (though I obviously know it.)

Hitchock is a bloody genius!

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010

Here's a slick movie industry twist: _Paranormal Activity_ murders _Saw VI_ at the box office, and in the aftermath, the studios greenlight a _Paranormal Activity_ sequel and hire the director of _Saw VI_ to helm it.

End of Evangelion. shudders

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010

THANK YOU JENI.

Go Burton.
    Go Depp.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Huh?

Should I be worried, proud, incontinent, confused, magical, scared or petrified?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

All of them. At the same time.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I’m just a sweet transvestite… from Transsexual Transylvania!

Beauty and the Beast. Because it was my favourite childhood movie, and I love it to death. I WANT that library.

^ AGREED.

Beauty and the Beast. Because it was my favourite childhood movie, and I love it to death. I WANT that library.

My school’s drama department is doing Beauty and the Beast as a musical, looks pretty good so far.

In other news, Shutter Island was pretty good, though the acting wasn’t anything too special.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010 edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sLZP7h9gs0

What has LEGO come to? D:

Apparently, two of the voice actors are Ryan McPartlin and Yvonne Strahovski of the NBC TV show Chuck. I thought I had heard that voice somewhere…

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

Aww, no theatrical release.
    That would have been super fun.

I just returned from visiting family, and I watched a lot of movies on the plane. I especially enjoyed An Education, Public Enemies, and The Taking of Pelham 123. :D Also, while I was there, I watched 10,000 BC, and I think it would be ten times better if
    Oh, oh, and I watched Avatar and… Yeah, it was everything I expected it to be: Dances with Wolves plus awesome special effects. I didn’t really like it so much…

Also if it were called 1000 BC, as that would be more accurate considering the cloth and weapons and such that they had.

Yeah, but they also had woolly mammoths dragging the stone blocks to build the pyramids.

Meh, good point… In any case, it was horribly historically inaccurate.

I loved An Education!!! Jenny is an easy character for me to relate to...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

Just watched The Dark Knight... it was okay. :/

It didn’t feel like the Batman, it seemed like he depended on his gear a bit too much and not his head, and the Joker just didn’t feel like the Joker, there was something missing from him. For me The Dark Knight was kind of meh.

OH MY GOSH, ME TOO! And everyone looks at me strangely when I say that...Although, I disliked it because I'm not really into superhero movies.

Yeah, I didn’t like Batman as much in the Dark Knight, but I thought the Joker was awesome. Then again, I haven’t read the comics, so I have no idea how the Joker was supposed to be.

Watched She’s the Man which was actually pretty funny and some of Speed Racer, which looked like an acid trip (not that I’ve ever had one).

Saw Shutter Island. Thought it was predictable and padded out.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

Although Shutter Island was predictable as the sun rising, I still enjoyed it. It had some interesting characters.

I watched High Fidelity last weekend. It was… different. It was okay.

I watched Slumdog Millionaire again last night. I love that movie.

Oh, I forgot to mention (500) Days of Summer! I loved the movie; one of the best rom-coms I’ve seen in a really long time. :D

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010 edited

Just saw _The Wolfman_, which I thoroughly enjoyed. For a film mired with such production woes as this (changing directors and composers, script rewrites, numerous reshoots), I have to tip my hat to Joe Johnston. He made a fantastically fun film. It's a bit jumbled, and the obligatory love story is dull, but it's otherwise drenched with atmosphere and gore. Benicion del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, and Rick Baker absolutely make this film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010

And yet most of the werewolf part of it is horribly inaccurate! :D

• CommentAuthorRocky

True. Silver, full moons, and so on. It's still a compelling and atmospheric piece of film. What's most interesting to me is the timing of this film and my classes; I just learned about the origin of the werewolf in my Mythology class.
    •  
      CommentAuthorarska

:D Werewolves are fascinating. :D

In fact- what is commonly thought of as a ‘werewolf’ stemmed from the original and was greatly tweaked. According to legend the only was to kill a werewolf is either an aspen stake-common thought for all undead- or burning at the stake :)

(500) Days of Summer!

I want to see that! It’s kinda weird that Joseph Gordon-Levitt still looks pretty much like he did in 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Saw Alice In Wonderland. What the hell was with the adaptation taking Jabberwocky so literally?

Still, the Cheshire Cat was awesome.

So, I had never actually read or watched Twilight until tonight. My girlfriend and I just finished watching it, and… honestly, I have no words. I don’t understand how people see this as romantic.

The “romantic” aspect I can understand, since some people just lap that shallow shit right up. What I can’t understand(and this goes double for New Moon) is how people can actually get excited about it, like it’s HP or LotR or, you know, a movie in which stuff happens. It’s just so boring.

We were laughing the whole way through. Not a boring moment. xD Also, if I were a vampire as portrayed in Twilight… oh man. I mean, the super-baseball thing was just ridiculous. Me, I would be tearing shit up like nobody’s business. It would be real life with cheat codes.

I actually liked the baseball scene, if only because more of that kind of silliness would have made the movie fun. Nate gave me the Rifftrax for it too, which improved the watchability a thousandfold.

Seriously though, New Moon makes the first one look like a Crank movie or something in comparison.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010

Alice in Wonderland. People I went with got persnickety about things they did wrong, but I liked it. It was whimsical enough, and Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp were fantastic. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I WANT TO SEE AND GET PERSNICKETY OVER SOME OF MY FAVORITE LITERATURE ADAPTED FOR THE BIG SCREEN.

It would be real life with cheat codes.

Hehe.

I want to see Alice in Wonderland. I’ve heard a mixed opinion on it so far, but I still want to go.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Well it wasn’t Alice in Wonderland, really, it was set years after the events of the book, so there’s not a lot to get persnickety about.

I watched Silence of the Lambs on friday, and have been quoting Lecter non-stop.

The Fifth Element is so ’90s that it’s almost offensive – except for Ruby Rhod, who’s completely offensive.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010

But it’s so much fun. D:

Avatar lost both Best Director and Best Film to The Hurt Locker. Opinions?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010 edited

I find it slightly funny that Cameron (director of Avatar ) lost to his ex-wife (director of Hurt Locker ). I wonder what was going through their heads…

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

My opinion is

I really need to watch Hurt Locker sometime soon.

And thankfully, we didn’t get a speech of Cameron boasting about how awesome he is in Na’vi.

• CommentAuthorRocky

bq. Avatar lost both Best Director and Best Film to The Hurt Locker. Opinions?

Elated. Bigelow did an outstanding job and _The Hurt Locker_ is an outstanding film. I'm glad sheer (and in many cases, dumb) popularity didn't tip the scales. Still, there were several other films that were outstanding, particularly District 9, Inglorious, and Up.

/endparade
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Whoop! Avatar won Best Visual Effects. :D Completely expected, I know, but it’s nice to see their hardwork rewarded. :3

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yes. Take that, world.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I am biased against war films, especially mundane contemporary ones, so am dissatisfied with this result.
    Did District 9 win anything? It deserves recognition.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I don’t think so.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Transformers 2 won Worst Film of the Year, and Battlefield Earth is Worst Film of the Decade.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Sandra Bullock actually appeared to accept her Razzie.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

:D WOO!

District 9’s shooting style bugged me… but I thought the ending was sweet!

Phew, New Moon was nominated for a Razzie. I can die now.
    ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

Yeah, but it didn’t win a Razzie, so you’ll have to come back as an undead abomination.

About the Ocars, I looked at one of those “What did they wear?” things, and Kristen Stewart got an A+ for “looking less awkward than usual.” That’s almost an exact quote, but I can’t find the link.

I found the picture:

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

She looks mutinous or something like that.

A mental note to self: stay away from I Am Legend until I’m at least 15 years old.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

I watched I am legend at like, 12… I think. It’s one of my favorites :D

Yeah, but it didn’t win a Razzie, so you’ll have to come back as an undead abomination.

That’s OK, I’ll be a bailing!! :D (sorry, Legend of the Seeker joke there…)

•  
      CommentAuthorarska
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited

..-

I will admit, the show is- oh god- better than the books O.O

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

@Kristen Stewart’s dress: LOVE. Love to bits.

I will admit, the show is- oh god- better than the books O.O

No worries; I just watch it for the lulz. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

It is funny…

My 7 year old brother also Lulz at it :D

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Some of the episodes remind me of a typical D&D session.

I watched The Kite Runner. It was blah. They followed the book okay, but it just wasn’t quite right.

RiffTrax makes Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith much more entertaining than usual.

I saw My Sister’s Keeper. It was just as heartrending as the book, even though they were totally different.

Also Kristen Stewart looks really nice.

Also, I saw Serenity. I am now fully in love with Joss Whedon.

They’re going to show Serenity at the local library. I’ve never seen Firefly; should I still watch it?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

Absolutely not. But if there’s no chance of seeing the entire run of 14 episodes (;_;) then go ahead.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Iron Man.

Predictable, but oh so much fun. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Cranford. Pretty silly and far-fetched for a BBC period drama, but fun all the same. Half the time I was just exclaiming over all the familiar faces.

@ Puppet: I was kind of surprised at the ending…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

You mean the part where he says

Oh, I loved Cranford! So cute. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorApep

@ Puppet:

Or SWQ could be referring to the post-credits stinger where

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

Marvel’s whoring itself out.

I wanna know what in the hell they’re doing to god-damn Spiderman.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Spiderman 4 comes out 2012. I don’t usually like superhero movies, but I throughly enjoyed the Spiderman movies and Iron Man.

•  
      CommentAuthorarska

BUT THEY’VE-

THEY’VE LOST THE STAR.

WHEN YOU FINISH THE SERIES WITH NONE OF THE SAME ACTORS, IT’S A SIGN IT’S JUMPED A SHARK.

I want to know why they haven’t made a Girl Genius movie yet. It should be animated, too.

I watched Cats again.

I want the Rum Tum Tugger. Rawr.

I think Marvel is doing an awesome job by using its own studio now instead of outsourcing its IP. I’m thrilled as shit for the Avengers stuff to drop(in a few years, anyway). I hope SLJ gets more screentime in Iron Man 2.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

SLJ makes everything better. :D

Like Harrison Ford.

In unrelated news, I just watched This Island Earth. It was surprisingly good, if not quite up there with The Forbidden Planet.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited

It’s been a while since I saw it, but I really hated This Island Earth. I’ve still got it on VHS lying around here somewhere…

But yeah, probably won’t watch it again. Because it was pretty lame.

EDIT: Just watched Signs with my dad. It gets better every time. ^^

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

Just saw Alice in Wonderland. Stunning visuals, generic plot.