Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I read Waiting For Godot a while back and I’m sure I would have remembered if they said something like that, which i don’t.

Now I’ll have to reread it.

@Morvius

When your plot outline started, I thought that it was going to be Treasure Island. Heh.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

I found the quote it reminded me of.

I see how that’s similar to Paopao’s writing. However, I just can’t see Paolini as ever having read Waiting For Godot. It doesn’t seem to be the sort of thing he’s interested in – it’s too deep.

•  
      CommentAuthorCGilga
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited

That’s how come it struck me as strange. Can you imagine if he tried to be existential?

Remember the part where he failed to be deep?

God, his series is a trainwreck.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

...which part where he failed to be deep?
    I didn’t notice the attempt. I wasn’t reading very attentively.

“The songs of the dead were the lamentations of the living.”

/Paolini trying to be deep

And it only got worse from there.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited

Wow…

Here’s a poll from IF:

Who will be the next rider?
    Arya [ 94 ] ** [75.81%]
    Roran [ 13 ] ** [10.48%]
    Katrina [ 1 ] ** [0.81%]
    Nasuada [ 4 ] ** [3.23%]
    Elva [ 6 ] ** [4.84%]
    Orik [ 3 ] ** [2.42%]
    Angela [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
    Solembum [ 2 ] ** [1.61%]
    Jeod [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
    Helen [ 1 ] ** [0.81%]

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009

Jeod got no votes? Weak sauce.

It just goes to show how predictable the series is. I think most peopple who didn’t vote for Arya were just doing it for the lulz.

Brings back memories of mugglenet and polls on who do you think will die in Book X? I think at one point the main suspect for Book 5’s death was Collin Creavy.

Just making a comparison here.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

No, some people on the thread were talking about how some of the peasant women from Carvahall were going to be riders. They wearn’t trolling. :P

Oh.

I’‘ll just go back to my french chocolatey bakery thingy here. Less mindnumbingly stupid.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Hey, CP did another interview thing. Someone should spork it, as it has some good sporkage bits. Namely, him not answering half the questions and one very large hole someone else somewhere else noticed- if there’s elf Forsworn, why didn’t Galby know where Ellesmera was? Because it was very clearly stated that he didn’t know where it was.

Am I the only one who thinks that Angela would be a very intimidating Rider?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

She would be very frightening, that is true.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

If he did, he would be accused of favouring his sister, though.

Eh, it’s already little more than fan fiction anyway.

Elva would be a really scary rider. She’s already somewhat demented and very powerful. Even more power would make her even more creepy.

A theory I had for a while was that she used to be a rider, and went into hiding when Galby took over.

Neurotic, I agree, she would be creepy. But I think she’d be the best choice. I always found her character to be the most interesting. Besides Murtagh of course. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I sort of liked Elva, mostly because she actually sort of had character. :P

I don’t dislike her; she just creeps me out. She would make a cool rider though.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009

I’d like to see Elva as a rider, so she could be pretty much the 3rd option in this Good vs. Evil thing. Cause right now, I’m siding with Evil… GO GALBATORIX!

WHOO! GALBY! GALBY! GALBY!

There was an Elf Forsworn? I thought they would be too perfect to fall to evil :P

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

They were corrupted by Galby, I’m presuming. How else could a Super Special Gary Stu elf fall to such depths of evil?

Oh, and good. At least he’s being fair in regards to what genders can be evil. Galbatorix, an equal opportunity employer!

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Is it possible to have a Rider who is a Shade, do you think?

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I suppose a Rider could become a Shade… but the poor dragon would probably be driven crazy by having an insane possessed sorcerer bonded to it and commit suicide.

Elva as a Rider… that would be interesting. Crossover idea: Elva meets River.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

Elva meets River.

River beats Elva up.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

Elva looks better in red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I think she’d look good in Galby’s red and black livery.

Red and black is a classy combo. Then again, the guy is a King/Emperor, so he should be able to afford good-lookin’ uniforms.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009

This made me gag:

Best for the story—>Eragon, Best for action—>Eragon,Best for characters—>Brisingr
    Best book overall—> Brisingr

Apparently story doesn’t matter….

Well, I guess characters are a big deal, but I mean, from what I’ve heard (what I’ve heard), Brisingr wasn’t really all that great in terms of developing character. Was it?

• CommentAuthorMorvius
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited

Well. at least there was an attempt for more character development in Brisingr. Though story development was completely thrown out of the window.
    • CommentAuthorDarkRaven
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited

Ok, sorry for digging up this thread people. When I saw it, I just had to reply.

Inheritance Forum, oh god. Half the staff of IF are total critics. Arthryn, the Head Administrator is a total Paolini critic. Charles, the Vice Administrator used to head Anti Shurtugal. The only administrator who feels anything positive about Inheritance is Rinion, and eve is he admits it has many flaws. As for the rest their staff, the global mods are largely critics, as are all of the sectional mods bar the cycle moderators.

I’m a member of IF, but I am also a inheritance critic. If you are a member, my account name is Fusaichi Pegasus (don’t ask). An example of a thread I made criticising inheritance: http://www.inheritanceforums.com/index.php?showtopic=56772

Really, it’s not that hard to see that many of the staff there have poor views on the cycle.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

Uhg, I don’t even bother with IF anymore. The format of the forums is just terrible, it took me aobut 7 times to make a account because they didn’t mention my password was too long. And its so hard to see the gold text with the black background. ><

• CommentAuthorDarkRaven
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited

I find that funny actually. Inheritance Forums runs state of the art software, Invision Power Board. Vanilla hasn't been used widely in ages. Kind of a step back into the past, haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009

Charles, the Vice Administrator used to head Anti Shurtugal.

Eh. No.