Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthororganiclead
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2013 edited

(Gah, accidentally double posted. BRB burying head in shame.)

The colors themselves look pretty good, though the chicken scratching is a bit distracting from the whole thing. Also the shading on the pants seems a bit darker in contrast with the source color than anywhere else on the picture, though that might just be me. Might also want to add in some implied wrinkles on her shirt to make it look less like it’s painted directly on her skin, maybe around the mid section. Right now it looks a bit like a bathing suit.

I do like the overall feel though. It has some nice depth and it has a very warm feeling all over. I really like the colors of the mountains in the background.

•  
      CommentAuthorsanguine
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2013

You made some great points. I definitely want to make my next image without the sketch lines and focus just a bit more on realism. And yes the shadows in the pants are too warm and saturated and it doesn’t fit, thanks for pointing it out.

•  
      CommentAuthorsanguine
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2013

Painted this today. It’s my third digital painting so it’s not very refined but I’m practicing.

I really like that one. Gives a fairly beautiful and somewhat foreboding tone with the green in the picture. I also really like the over all composition. Her body language and expression really help give off the idea that she’s both eager to see it and frightened of it. The detail in the pulled back part of the hair really helps bring out lighting in general. The only real deal breaker I see is the collar bone, which is a bit too low on her body.

Over all, I really like it and want to know the context.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsanguine
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2013

Oh man now that you point it out, that’s all I see xD

Thanks for the input, and there is no context lol, I was sorta just experimenting and I found that pose.

•  
      CommentAuthorsanguine
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013

Painted this earlier. I also made a speedpaint video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcHpnHT1lI

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013

Artworks! Just playing around with a sketching app on my new tablet. Removing the mouse and keyboard is remarkably different to painting on a regular computer, and the fact that I’m not wasting either real ink or real paper definitely frees me up mentally for experimentation.

•  
      CommentAuthorsanguine
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013

Very cool! I love the bird!

I painted this one the other day on photoshop :)

•  
      CommentAuthororganiclead
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014 edited

I stopped being afraid of my tablet and actually finished a doodle.

•  
      CommentAuthorResistance
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

@organiclead That’s really minimalist in terms of color scheme, but really cool too. It’s really simple but powerful in a way.

•  
      CommentAuthororganiclead
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014 edited

Aww crap, I don’t know how to take a compliment.

Thank you, I’ve been trying to do more with stylized color and moods. Glad it actually worked out as intended.

•  
      CommentAuthorPearl
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017

Here’s some art for you all. :)