Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015

u guyz

listen to me

this is the most important news you will ever hear in your life

THERE IS GOING TO BE A NEW TWILIGHT BOOK

I am not joking, here is a real live news article by a real live news site about it. It will be called “Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined”, and will be a gender-swapped version of the original, with Edyth (or Edythe?) instead of Edward and Beau instead of Bella.

Here is a snarky io9 article about it.

I just… I don’t know what to say. Why is this thing going to exist? Who is the target audience here? Haven’t all the Twihards grown up by now? I mean these books were popular literally ten years ago. Surely by now all the high school girls have, y’know, jobs and exposure to actual romantic relationships and so on. Right?

Anyway I’m absolutely not going to write a review of it, but someone else should.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015

The only explanation I can find is that it’s the tenth anniversary of Twilight’s publication. Speculation leads me to believe that SMeyer’s “other projects” haven’t panned out, and she’s doing this cheap publicity stunt as a means to making some quick cash.

It’s already out today, guys. I’ve been reading livetweets of it all day, and it is a thing of beauty.

Basically she tried to do a rebuttal to accusations of sexism, and it’s highly entertaining. There’s some minor book improvements, and it’s neat to see Julie Black the car nut.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

Well.

I always knew it in my heart, but now we have confirmation:

There is no god. There is only Zuul.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

This just in, The Epistler (yes, THAT Epistler) is planning to spork the new Twilight book.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

yessssssss

I dropped by specifically to see what people would say about this.

Also, I’m rooting for a movie adaptation just so that Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson can reprise their opposite roles and the universe can be sucked into a black hole of chaos.

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

I came out of lurkdom just to see if somebody here was going to take on this beast. Then I saw that The Epistler is going to do it and my soul knew great rejoicing. Good day.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

In case you don’t know where to find it, here’s the first part of The Epistler’s spork of Life And Death

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

<3 thankees

I am greatly enjoying this spork.