Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. If you’re American, I hope you have a great day with friends and family (and the great American pasttime of stuffing your face with all the food you can get your hands on). If you’re not, we’ll let you be thankful today too. Eat a turkey leg in honor of us, will you? :)

As always, I’m thankful for my wonderful family. I’m also thankful for my job and thankful that my car hasn’t died on me yet. And that it’s sunny outside!

I’m thankful that I’ve been happy at college (so far), that I’ll be seeing my wonderful family in less than a month, and for everything else, I guess.

Happy thanksgiving!

• CommentAuthorDave

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPryotra

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I’m thankful that this essay I’m working on has to only be three pages long as opposed to the original seven.

• CommentAuthorDanielle

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I’m thankful that this year it’s been pretty low-key so far. I love it when we get all our family and friends together, but I also love it when we just have a few people over and pass the day quietly. That, and this is the first Thanksgiving I can remember where I haven’t needed a coat, and while it’s weird, it’s kind of nice.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012 edited

I am thankful that I live on the opposite coast/in a different country from the rest of my extended family.

They are effing INSANE. ALL of them.

It is only by virtue of physical distance that I have not been dragged into the myriad family feuds going on.

•  
      CommentAuthorAzure

Ah, happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Kyllorac, I feel your pain. My family told our relatives that we were going to be out of town today (we’re not) just so that they wouldn’t bug us. They fight constantly. So we wound up eating our Thanksgiving dinner at about 3:00 this afternoon.

I’m thankful that it’s going to snow tomorrow.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea

Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m thankful things have been reasonably quiet here; no real fighting so far!

• CommentAuthorDanielle

Dang, Kyll! Are we related?

Granted, most of my extended family lives in another state as opposed to another country, but they’ll all pretty crazy. I remember one year where two of my aunts got into a shouting match because they each wanted to make a different kind of pie and we only had enough crust for one.

And that year, Thanksgiving happened to fall on my mom’s birthday.

So I’m thankful for quiet Thanksgivings.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Dang, Kyll! Are we related?

I don’t know. Is inheritance and certain family members stealing money from the recently deceased before she became recently deceased after many years of freeloading the current hot-button issue?

Happy Thanksgiving, jerks.

I ate steak instead of turkey today because I’m a hipster. Happy Thanksgiving.

• CommentAuthorDanielle

I don’t know. Is inheritance and certain family members stealing money from the recently deceased before she became recently deceased after many years of freeloading the current hot-button issue?

No, actually…..0.o Does your family have issues with a freeloader who sits around his dad’s house smoking pot all day, who tried to get disability pay because he got hit in the head during a bar fight ten years ago? Or an aunt who called her sister-in-law racist because she didn’t want to spend the holidays with her anymore?

I ate steak instead of turkey today because I’m a hipster. Happy Thanksgiving.

I have a friend who made bacon-wrapped turkey for Thanksgiving….

GUYSGUYSGUYS!! RVL and I made apple pie and pumpkin pie FROM SCRATCH. Including the crust and everything!! It was sooooooo gooooood :D :D

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@sansa – aww, we love you too.

@lookingforme – I just had a little piece of pumpkin pie. I concur about deliciousness. :)

This year, we had hummus, oddly enough. Blame my cousin from the other side of the family, who is now living with us and has a Lebanese grandfather, for inspiring my sister to make it… but it’s super delicious, so I don’t mind.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012

Hummus is tasty.