Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthordrkeiscool
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2012

So! Are there any decent rewrites of Eragon or the series in general on the web? Except for the stuff by Opifex, which I have very mixed feelings about…

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2012 edited

Were SFF still around, I could give you a couple of recommendations, but unfortunately it is no more, and the ones I’m thinking of, I don’t think they were posted elsewhere. Sorry!

(Confession time, for someone who was heavily involved in Inheritance fanfiction—I never actually read Opifex’s original stuff! I only read the revised and original-ified version that was published, The Dark Griffin and its sequels.)

• CommentAuthorDanielle
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012

I haven’t read anything good. Most of the fanfiction out there isn’t the best, though I do remember reading an amusing oneshot where Eragon and Arya are attacked and overwhelmed by hordes of raging Mary Sues.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Antishurtugal was going to attempt this, but it was decided as a group that it simply wasn’t what the group were trying to focus on, and wouldn’t have been worth the effort.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@Danielle – That reminds me, I really need to dig out my IC fanfic Mary Sue test one of these days… I’m certain it still applies to fanfiction written after I made the test.

• CommentAuthorDeborah

I remember I found a parody fanfic once that was just hilarious. It involved Star Wars characters, Eragon whining about cheese, and Brom beating Durza and Morzan at Dance Dance Revolution. Also, characters IM’ing each other, and Brom chasing Durza with a BB gun. I wish I could find it again.

I haven’t found any decent rewrites.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Oh Shi-ana was trying to years ago, but the forum was overrun by Viagara spambots and has fallen into internet oblivion.

I have fond memories still of the worldbuilding for Umlautia…

Also, I had no idea The Dark Griffin started out as a rewrite of Inheritance. The things you learn.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@Kyllorac – Yep. It began as “what if Galbatorix was really not that bad of a guy, the Riders were just all jerks” and grew from there, more or less.

•  
      CommentAuthorPryotra

I think the series was called the Storm Dragons. It wasn’t too bad from my memory.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012 edited

No, it was the Black Dragon trilogy, I’m pretty sure. The name may have changed, though; like I said, I never read the original.

Unless she had two rewrites? It’s been like eight months since this was last relevant to me, how have I forgotten it all so quickly?!

• CommentAuthordrkeiscool
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012

I will now bring doom upon you all by linking to TvTropes.

Well, if there aren’t any others, maybe I’ll do my own rewrite. Or maybe not. Most likely not.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012

Ah, one of the sections was named Black Dragon. That must be where my confusion stemmed from.