Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009

Because the Oz books are awesome- and no, I don’t mean the Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I mean the other ones.

I know there’s 40 books in all which are considered canonical (including WWO), but I’ve only read the 14 Baum published. But I loved them! Anyone else read them, or the non-Baum ones? (Or at least the original?)

I’ve read The Patchwork Girl of Oz, and, of course, WWO, but no others. Wait. I might’ve read TikTok of Oz. Or was that a spinoff? I can’t remember whether I liked the books or not.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009

Tiktok of Oz was an Official Baum-Written Book TM, I believe. My favorite was always the one with the fat king and the goat that turned out to be a prince… yeah, those books made no sense. But they were fun!

I can’t remember them!!! :(

I used to go on a Baum binge but now I don't remember ANY of the stories.

The Cowardly Lion was always my favorite. I connected with him. :D

I liked them a lot more after I knew they were a very detailed allegory. I just wish the movie would have kept her shoes silver because red made no sense.

An allegory for what?!

Gold-backed paper money.

And the introduction of silver. It’s a very interesting story once you know what everything represents. I can dig up a web page about it if you like.

That would be nice, actually.