Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMangraa
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012 edited

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the rss feed from this site. Google reader used to display items just fine, but one day it just stopped working. I have removed and re-added the feed a few times, and have verified that I am not seeing new items in the feed despite there being new items on the site. Is anyone else having issues, or is it working just fine for everyone but myself?

Thanks in advance!
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

I haven’t noticed any problems, although that might just mean I’m oblivious. How long have you been having trouble for?

•  
      CommentAuthorMangraa
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012

A couple of months, I think. I seem to remember thinking that there were some changes made here, perhaps to pensions since I had to fix some of my links on verprose.com to items linked here; it may have been around the same time. If you didn't make any such changes in the last few months, then I am just remembering it wrong. If you DID, maybe something got screwed up in the rss settings? There is also a plugin which permits NW pages to be automatically added to the feed ass well a new posts.Don't know if you primarily use posts or pages for II non-forum stuff, but perhaps it can come in handy regards.

Thanks for looking into this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited

That sounds about the time I took over the site redesign. I did change the URLs (in order to get the author pages to work), and some other things, but I don’t use RSS feeds myself.

I’ll see what I can do once I can get back to my own computer.

Alrighty. I changed the URLs long before May 20 (Kyll + time = wat?) so it’s not the URL change. I have no clue why the RSS feed stopped working, but I’ll see what I can do to get it back up and working.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

And everything should be fixed now.

Right now, the back end of the site is a bit of a (mostly functional) mess of a half-updated CMS, and one of the results was the RSS feed getting messed up. Right now, I’m going through all the problem files line by line (have been since I last tried updating back in May) and trying to pinpoint the various issues with the updating.

Yay for more files to be added to the list of files to go through!

•  
      CommentAuthorMangraa

Sorry to add more work to your plate, but the feed IS working now! Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

Yep, I got the recent update as well! Good thing you mentioned it, Mangraa.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

No worries about the work. It was always there; I just didn’t know about it. XD

The thing is, the whole updating business was supposed to be simple. Just go in, update a couple of files, and voila!

Only that didn’t work out at all.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

Heh, sorry about that Kyll, I really should have been more vigilant with the maintenance here.