Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

As you are aware, the main site has been undergoing maintainance lately. Kyllorac, in her infinite wisdom and awesomeness, has created a place for author bios. You can check what yours says by clicking on your name after you click the link.

Kyllorac and I have filled in some of them (I tried to fill in most everyone who isn’t active/around anymore). And if you have an II sketch, then that is probably posted as your bio (which I think is cool). But for the most part, the bios say this:

And the Despot of Design declared, “Let there be a place where a bio may reside, where article authors may include information of the stalker-enabling sort, where this information may be condensed within one convenient place,” and made it so.

And it was good.

Albeit empty.

So, what I’m asking for is for anyone who wants to to post a bio here, and then I’ll post it for them on the main site. If you have the ability to publish articles, you can edit your own by doing section search in textpattern for “staff” and then finding the article with your name on it. But a lot of people can’t publish articles, and that’s why I made this thread.

“So what do I write in my bio?” you might ask. Even if you didn’t ask, I’m going to tell you anyway. You can write about yourself or your internet persona. Or you can write something funny to do with your name our the articles you’ve written. If you’d like to see some examples but are too lazy to click around, here’s my bio, and here’s Rorschach’s (so, yes, you can plug your site). Unless you are very much opposed to the idea, it is best more fun if you write your bio in the third person.

If you don’t want to write a bio (or you don’t know what to write), you can ask me to write you a witty bio, and I will write you a bio, though I can’t promise it will be witty. If I get really tired of looking at the default message, I may just write you one anyway.

So go on! Get to writing!

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012 edited

WiseWillow

I am not a tree. I am also not wise. I do, however, have an unfortunate love of alliteration, and a stubborn streak for keeping a name once I choose it.

I’m 20-something, and I like all manner of arts, crafts, music, cookery, and the written word. I play with all of them, with varying degrees of success Pro-tip: my cooking is much better than my knitting. Stupid knitting patterns. As for my writing? You be the judge. Thanks so much for checking out my work, and I’d love to hear what you think. And if you’re a glutton for punishment, my blog can be found here.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

Plat, I can help do the work of copypasting the bios, if you want. You’ve already done a lot for the site. :)

I…have absolutely nothing to say about myself.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012

Done and done. :wink

Thanks, Puppet!

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012 edited

Thanks, Puppet! :yay

Steph (what is left)

As I write this, I am watching Southern people hunt alligators on TV. And it is awesome.

On the random trivia front, I'm Australian, musical, a sucker for bad movies with gorgeous scenery and sound, a history buff, and I'm writing an Epic Novel (isn't everybody?) featuring Mafia faeries and wacky housemates. My favourite Shakespeare play is Much Ado About Nothing. When my blog ends up with more than three posts on it, I'll start pimping.

Also my real name is Stephanie. Shock horror.

Plat, I can help do the work of copypasting the bios, if you want. You’ve already done a lot for the site. :)

Cool, Puppet. Thanks!

@Steph
    Puppet apparently posted yours too.

So yay!

Also my real name is Stephanie. Shock horror.

lol

Oh, it looks so pretty!