Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorDanielle
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012

Does anyone know of some good sources on American, English, French and German folklore and creatures of folklore? (Yes, it’s for my WIP. The story is coming along quite nicely, but the world still seems incomplete. I probably won’t use all of the mythical creatures, but I thought it might help jog my imagination.)

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012 edited

I vaguely remember a book that I came across when I was researching some mythical creatures for my WIP. It’s an encyclopedia of just about every creature you can think of. There was another book too, but that focuses mainly on Asian creatures. I think.

Anyway, the title of the book eludes me at the moment, but Encyclopedia Mythica might help you. I’ll get back to you on the title of the book when I remember it. :)

EDIT: There’s also this website.

• CommentAuthorDanielle

Thanks, No One! Those sites look awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter

The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures is one that I find useful.

There’s also this website.

I’ll never be bored again. ;) Awesome site!

• CommentAuthorDanielle

DARN YOU, NO ONE! I WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!

• CommentAuthorNo One

The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures

THAT’S IT!! THAT’S THE BOOK!! :D

@Danielle: No problem. Glad I could be of help, unless it means sleep deprivation and lower grades, in which I insist you get some sleep and do some homework. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I was going to recommend Encyclopedia Mythica, especially because it accepts well-researched user content, meaning even the least well-known traditions can get a share of focus, written by people who actually know them.