Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2011 edited

I was looking at my keychain today, which is rather heavily adorned, and I just found myself wondering what types of things other people keep on theirs.

Mine has a lickylicky keychain (‘tis a pokemon), a 2010 World Cup keychain, a Fife Street keychain, a key chain from the stage version of the Lion King, a nailclipper that a family friend got me from Taiwan (I only realized it was a nailclipper recenty, though), a coin type thing from a shark institute in Durban, some weird…cap…thing…two remotes, and half a dozen keys. There are a lot of empty rings and such where other things fell off too…like my sharpedo keychain. (sob)

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2011

I have a deathly hallows sign, and one key. also, the actual keychain is black. I don’t use keys much. I know how to break into our house XD

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam

Are you serious? You break into your own house? Awesomeness aside, how and why?

• CommentAuthorSen

Mine has a small square of some kind of lightly-coloured wood. There’s little holes drilled all around it and a thin strip of some kind of material (leather? rope? I’m honestly not sure) is braided through all the loops. Slanting across the small square, from the bottom left to the top right is my name burned into the wood in a curvy font. Oh and, BlueMask, what Beldam said. Seriously, how and why?

keys

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

^ I literally just came here to do that, dammit.

Nice shot.

My sister got me the one I use, and it says ‘sisters make the best friends’, which is so true. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Keys, and a tiny flashlight for when I lose things in the dark (which is often). Yes, I’m boring. But I have so many keys that if I had an actual keychain that looked good, the whole thing would be way too bulky to put in my pockets.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Heh. Not a thing, aside from my keys. I share the car on occasion, so there’s no real point in personalizing the keychain.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Oh, I often come home by myself, or unexpectedly, so the other people in the house just leave it locked, and I do the whole climb and pick the lock on the small bathroom window thing. Or the force padlock on wood box open and crawl through spiders, dust and wood chips thing.

A heavy silver elephant with its trunk curled up, about the size of the top joint of my thumb. Courtesy of the Melbourne Zoo.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

An owl LED flashlight that hoots, a heavy carving half the size of my palm that looks kinda like Art Noveau Meets Africa, and lots and lots of those checkout tags you scan for discounts.

The only key I have on it is my house key.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

It seems quite common that people have more keychain decorations than actual keys. I notice that IRL, as well.

Well, I have three keys on mine. My house key, my church office key, and my bike lock key. feels smug at beating the average

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011

I have several keys for various houses belonging to sundry members of my family, my mailbox key, my dorm key, and the key to my car, so… yeah, lots of keys. I don’t have any space for petty decorations!

(not true – I used to have this totally awesome beaded turtle keychain that Elanor gave to me, but then it sadly unraveled and I haven’t gotten around to getting another one)

You knew Elanor in real life? Why is she never on? (Didn’t Jeni know her too? Does she still exist?)

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

She exists; she’s at school in Britain. And I thought we already established that we’re related…?

I seem to have missed that memo…

you guys have different last names! You can’t be related!

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Well, the last mention was a while ago, seeing as she’s not really around much.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

I read somewhere that she just lurks in the background…
    looks over shoulder

IS SHE EVER COMING BACK?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

She’s probably pretty busy. College and stuff.

True, that.

ok, how many of you guys know each other in real life?

My key chain has my house key, a scorpion set in some clear stuff, and a metal thing from this pioneer trek thing I did.

No one knows me.
    >.>
    Unless someones not telling me about it.

I don’t have keys.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011 edited

A lot of the old members know each other outside the internet, though most of them aren’t active on the site anymore.

Anyway, my key is attached to a metal triangle with a circle in the middle and a square right above it.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

I’m pretty sure nobody knows me. New Zealandia is rather isolated, and plane tickets are expensive.

• CommentAuthorDeborah
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011

My keychain has five keys, a library card, and a bee made out of beads that I made when I volunteered at my church’s VBS a few years ago.

I don’t know anyone IRL unless you count Skype voice chats with people whose first and last names I know. In which case I know Inspector and Willow and SWQ.

I am hoping by the end of January, I will know Taku and maybe even No One IRL. But we’ll have to wait and see.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Wow, that’s quite a lot, Steph.
    Deborah- how can you have a library card attached?

• CommentAuthorWiseWillow

Key to my house, key to my brother’s house, key to my sister’s house, small brass Big Ben, little Panera card, little Kroger (local-ish grocery) card, and my car key.

I have no keys. Therefore, no keychain.

I have a key ring with lots of little charms on it. I have a little blue piano, a cat head, a rape whistle (it came with the key ring), a thingy that has my name on it and little stick figure, some other stuff I can’t recall, and two keys (car and house, the house key is tie-dye).

I don’t know anyone in real life, but I am friends with some people on Facebook.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited

Same thing, nowadays.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011

Not necessarily. A lot of people add “friends of friends” even if they’ve never met each other.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited

I was being sarcastic.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I disagree.

There are a lot of people on Facebook who share a lot of their life with a lot of different people through the site, but that doesn’t make anyone who reads their statuses or look at their photos close friends. I define a “close friend” as someone who I talk to almost every day, someone who I tell things I would never tell anyone else. I have a few friends who I consider “close friends” even though I’ve never met them in person. I highly doubt that anyone who uses Facebook interacts with people they barely know outside the occasional message on their wall or such, and I highly doubt that they would consider them “close friends.” And if they consider complete strangers “close friends,” they probably need to get out more…

I think the most accurate term would be ‘Facebook acquaintances’ but that doesn’t sound as good.

• CommentAuthorSen

I think the most accurate term to just throw in here would be hermit but that doesn’t sounds as good as many other words that could better describe that level of sadness.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2011

Okay, I edited my comments. You may be right.

• CommentAuthorDeborah

The county I live in gives you a little keychain library card in addition to the big one.

I have a kiwi keychain that my friend from New Zealand gave me before she left for college :D

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

deborah- that’s handy.
    lookingforme- cute. Very cute. And also, awesome.

Keys.

I have two keychains, technically.

One has keys.

The other has my pants.

2 ball seems arbitrary explain your rationale please

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011

Oh Drunk Fox, you so funny.

By the way, welcome back. :D

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011

At first I thought “Lotto Ball” and then I actually saw the tag on the picture.
    Nevermind. Nice to meet you, anyway. I’m new.

@sansafro187 – [shrugs] My mother gave it to me after winning it at the local fair, and I like pool (even if I suck at it) so…yeah.

@Spanman – I do try. And thank you!

@BlueMask – The pleasure is mine! How are you doing?

Keys and some plastic thingy to scan for CLASSIFIED purposes.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011

@The Drunk Fox. Weeeeeell, I’m alive. You?

well okay

sounds pretty badass though even if other numbers might be slightly cooler

that doesn’t make anyone who reads their statuses or look at their photos close friends

I agree with this.

And if they consider complete strangers “close friends,” they probably need to get out more…

And this. Burn.

I think the most accurate term would be ‘Facebook acquaintances’ but that doesn’t sound as good.

And this.
    Having said that, however – psych experts of our time say that your FB “persona” (if you can call it that) is close to the real you, as opposed to your youtube channel, twitter, etc. (or myspace and livejournal for the net-veterans).
    Which paints a funny picture about those who do status updates about what they had for lunch, how much they miss Lovey (when Lovey has been gone for two hours), how weird their cat is, how angry they feel about Vague Incident #16375, etc.
    Not to mention those who often use narmy and hypocritical quotes from some fucktarded motivational speaker/self-help writer/whatever as their statuses.

Also – on-topic: I had 2 flashdrives and a gate remote on my flat keys. I have a stupid rubber name tag on my car keys.
    It sucks.