Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Ok, so to all that have heard of or have read this book, what did you think? I fell in love with it, but everyone has diffrent reading tastes and i would love to know what you thought of the book!

The name sounds familiar. Care to elaborate on the plot?

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011

I remember hearing about this book—twilight but with angels and like. I never read it, though. What made it any good?

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011

I got an ARC of it and met the author. She was nice. And they gave us cookies.

On how I feel about the book…. Meh. Some of it was good, some of it was bad. The writing was pretty purple. If you take out the epilogue with the whole “I am watching you sleep” thing, it gets exponentially better. Because, honestly, I thought they were less creepy than that.

Though I’m Team Cam all the way, so…. Note that I’ve only read Fallen, and not any of the sequels.

If you liked Fallen, you should read The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by the same author. It’s Macbeth, set in modern times, narrated by Lady Macbeth (Natalie) with an interesting twist. It’s a lot darker, but it’s so much better than Fallen. It’s pretty damn good.

Beldam, I thought it was a twilight type book as well and I hate twilight. A friend of mine forced me to read it and it was so origional. The only thing I would say is like twilight in Fallen is the whole love triangle but that fades in the sequals and also the main character luce is a bit like Bella which I hate but she has her MAJOR diffrences.

Ebelean, Lauren Kate is a nice lady so I have heard. You’re lucky you met her !

Yeah, I was team Cam all through Fallen as well ! Cam is suppose to be Hotter then Daniel anyway. When I read Torment the next book in the series I was team Miles (another guy Luce meets in her new school she is sent to, ‘Shoreline’. He is a Nephlim and loves her, he is soo cute when he is with her and I love that about him).

I have heard about that book I found it in my local library, I shall check it out.

Inspector Karamazova, the book is quite well known you most likely have heard about it. It is basically about a girl called Lucinda Price (Luce) and she is sent to a reform school, (Swords and Crosses), because she was suspected to be responsible for Trevor’s death (the guy she liked), he died mysteriously but the only answer of his death people could turn to was Luce. She meets Arriane and Penn, the deceased gardener’s daughter, who both become her friends (at Swords and Crosses of course). Molly is mean to her causes some issues, and becomes her enemy. She meet Daniel and Cam and feels as if Daniel is familiar. She can’t quite chose who she likes, Daniel or Cam, something happens and this whole rivarly happens and a little bit more about Daniel is reveald. Luce’s life is a big secret and there is something weird about the school and the students, if it wasn’t yet obvious Daniel, Cam, Arriane and Molly are Fallen angels. it is a really good book because every chapter there was a cliff hanger so I found it quite hard to put down. A little is reaveld at a time which I also liked and it wasn’t rushed ! ;D hope that helps you remeber.

oh thedeadlypickle, of course YOU would start this thread. After reading your description it seems to be quite similar to the evermore series

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011 edited

This person disliked it enough to spork it. And I can see why. A friend of mine also went through it in detail a while back, but I can’t find the link to it.

Basically, it’s Wuthering Heights meets Twilight meets The Bold and The Beautiful.

Hey, she plugged our site!

Basically, it’s Wuthering Heights meets Twilight meets The Bold and The Beautiful.

Wutherbold Twilightiful?
    :-P

Oh, come on – me want details.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2011 edited

Wutherbold Twilightful?

Win comment is win.

And wait, where does she plug II?

...I kind of want to read it now. You know how I love high drama.

Win comment is win.

Why thank you, Miss. :D

You know how I love high drama.

Steph, darling – there’s a difference between high drama and low drama, you know.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011

Steph, darling – there’s a difference between high drama and low drama, you know.

QFT. Also, hidden comment is win.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011

What is hidden comment from?

And wait, where does she plug II?

On the home page near the bottom. It took me a while to find it.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011

Oh, coolio. And so true.