Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2011

I think for the most part, people generally act pretty well balanced through out the day, but sometimes you just come out and do something really, supremely nerdy, either because you’re a part of a certain fandom or you’re just that much of a geek—with your friends or by yourself, it doesn’t matter. We’re all nerds about something so come out and share all those momentary lapses of sanity where you show your nerdly pride!

I guess I’ll begin by saying, when the new pokemon game came out my best friend and I ran out and bought them on the day, and then met up. We ran at each other holding our DSs, squealing, and jumping up and down. In broad daylight. In the middle of a crowded square. People stared. I think we might have even high-fived with the game boxes—it was glorious.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

I hunted down a copy of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It was $30, but I bought it anyway. And then I began playing it.

And the moment I buy a 3DS, I’m going to go out and buy the DS Zeldas (including the OoT remaster) to complete my game collection. At the moment, I can in all seriousness say that I own every Zelda game made thus far except the DS ones.

My sister told me that she remembers the Latin word for ‘arm’ because of the 2nd Harry Potter movie, where Lockhart says that spell to try and heals Harry’s arm (but takes out all the bones instead), but does it in a narmtastically theatrical way. Then we ran around saying ‘Brachium, immendo!’ (or whatever the spell is) in really Shakespearean voices.

My sister and I make CONSTANT Doctor Who references in front of other people. Here are some hypothetical situations:

My mom: I can’t believe I spilled juice all over the floor!
    Us: Don’t you wish you had a TARDIS?

Random person: I like bowties.
    Us: SO DOES THE DOCTOR!!

And the list goes on.

• CommentAuthorMegaB

I shall use this thread as an opportunity to laugh at you all.

Don’t mind me teehee.

•  
      CommentAuthorNinjaCat

Well, me and my brother quote Monty Python and Portal in everyday conversation. I think we also have minor telepathy. We’ll break silences saying the exact same quote in the exact same accent with the same head turns and everything at the exact same time. And the quote has nothing to do with what’s going on at the moment.

I think we can quote Portal 2 backwards and forwards by now.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Spinny blade wall! Machiavellian.

I hunted down a copy of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It was $30, but I bought it anyway. And then I began playing it.

Jeez, I know this feeling all too well. A few Christmases ago, I was digging through a Gamestop bargain bin and found multiple copies of Final Fantasies 7 through 9, plus the anthology packages. I bought all copies so I could mix and match the discs in case any were scratched(and they were, oh boy they were). I also spent weeks searching for a copy of Disgaea for PS2, and when I finally found one, it was for full price. I got it without blinking. Of course, a few months later I’m waiting in line at a Best Buy for some reason, and I pass by the bargain bin and see multiple copies of it for $20. I was very mad.

As for some original nerdiness, I named my first fantasy football team “The Velveteen Hamlets,” which is an obscure reference to Wizard People, Dear Reader, which doesn’t deserve to be obscure, but is. The line in question is used to describe Harry, as he tips on toes to the restricted portion of the library.

The team I’m drafting in my other league next week is going to be named “Eleven Jason Sehorns,” which is a reference to decade-old in-joke I have with my cousins regarding NFL Quarterback Club ’99 for N64. We were trying to do a custom league draft(where all the players become disassociated from their teams and you can redraft them). There was a bug in the game where you could draft the same guy multiple times, and I was getting bored, so I just made my entire defense consist of Jason Sehorn clones at every position. Jason Sehorn’s claim to fame at the time was being the only white cornerback in the league. If you do not understand football positions, CBs are almost always the smallest, fastest guys on the defense. You don’t really want them playing down in the trenches.

The Sehorn defense ended up being hilariously good, though. Middle Linebacker Jason Sehorn was an unholy killing machine. Later on, we’d sometimes play 4-man games against the AI using a team with only Jason Sehorn on it. Offense, defense, even the kicker was Jason Sehorn. He would’ve been the coach too, if they let you pick that stuff back then.

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011

Hmm . . . I have much nerdiness from which to choose. I think one of my more nerdy moments was when 4th Edition of D&D came out – my husband and I pre-ordered it, took the day off of work, arrived at the gaming store before it opened to stand in line, got our copy and then immediately went home and started drawing up characters. Oh, and then we decided that 4th Edition was crap and too unlike 3rd Edition and 3.5, so we ended up switching to Pathfinder. Yeah, that’s right, in our nerdiness, we decided that D&D was no longer “pure” enough for our nerdy tastes. I think I should be ashamed of myself.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

Sansa, the moment you mentioned the clones, I started cracking up. XD Though I must say that my $30 investment in Zelda II was worth it as playable copies are so. Damn. Hard. To. Find. And $30 is actually cheap for that game. As bad a rap as it got (for all the wrong reasons; it’s actually a pretty good game in its own right, though it is HARD).

In other news, finally got a copy of 4SA for the Gamecube (since nobody I know still has the carts for the GBA version… sadness)! Only thing is, even though it’s the Gamecube version, you still need GBAs and associated link cables to play multiplayer…

So I went out and ordered two GBAs and link cables today off Amazon so my two siblings could play with me. Because I am not letting either of them get their grubby mitts on my still-in-perfect-working-order GBA SP. And since I was ordering stuff anyway, I nabbed a copy of Fire Emblem which I have been looking for for forever, but the nearest copy of which is a state away.

I await my package’s arrival in the mail with much eagerness. I forsee my mother giving me much grief for my spending habits, though.

I don’t remember gaming being so… expensive before. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorNorthmark

Because I am not letting either of them get their grubby mitts on my still-in-perfect-working-order GBA SP.

That’s the power of Nintendium for you. Mine still works, along with my first-generation blocky DS.

I generally feel like a supreme nerd whenever somebody claims to be a nerd because they play “those mario games” or “black ops for like two hours every day” and I get a little offended. It seems like saying “I’m such a nerd!” now is the cool thing to do, which is weird for people who enjoy traditionally nerdy hobbies. (tabletop or video games, programming, fantasy/sci-fi media, etc.)

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

If they do not love games enough to remember which exact titles they are playing, or to play them for hours on end without realizing that they’ve been playing nonstop for way longer than is healthy, they do not deserve to call themselves nerds. u_u

Nope, that didn’t come off as elitist at all.

Don’t worry about that. This thread is a safe place.

If they do not love games enough to remember which exact titles they are playing, or to play them for hours on end without realizing that they’ve been playing nonstop for way longer than is healthy, they do not deserve to call themselves nerds. u_u

Agreed. There have been way too many times in the past two years where students have asked me if I play games, and I say yes, and they say COOL I PLAY BLACK OPS HERP DERP. It’s like claiming you’re a football player since you play Madden.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

My nerdy moment of the day is seeing a book with the name “Grant Morrison” on it from across the library and immediately checking it out… it’s called “Supergods” and it’s actually very good and quite interesting. Morrison wrote it (obviously) and it’s about comics history and how they’ve affected the world (and have, in turn, been affected by the world).

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011

The grass outside where I work hasn’t been mowed in ages. Getting ridiculously long. Today on the way home I had to cross it (sure, it’s only about a metre wide, but still). I said to myself, “This long grass is kind of dangerous. There could be rattatas in it”.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my moment of nerdliness.

My new story idea is incredibly nerdy.

It’s about time travel.

Oh yeah.

@Ninjacat – that’s an awesome quote. I love it.

Also, I made a Whateley reference and an A-Team reference a while ago in front of people who didn’t get it at all. Felt a lot better when the girl next to me laughed (as in, she got the reference) after I described a case study in Educational Psychology as “very Donnie Darko”.

I quoted a couple of lines from a GNR tune while doing the dishes.

Does that count?

^Yes.
    You, sir, are teh coolness.

I made three sci-fi references in a row at a barbecue. Only one of them was recognised (The Matrix). I felt nerdy and alone :(

•  
      CommentAuthorNinjaCat
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011

I hardly ever use spoons now thanks to The Matrix.

I’ve been planning on replacing my computer start up noise with either a quote from GLaDOS or HAL 9000. Because, you know, that’d be totally awesome. I might just re do all of the sound while I’m at it. I just have to go dig though the sound files and find stuff.

I think all of my nerdiness comes from my quoting ability. I’ve got Portal 1 and 2, most of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the beginning and the end of Revenge of the Sith (ALL of the beginning, by the way. Every line up to the part where they get back to Coruscant), some of the new A-Team movie. (Never seen the show though. Don’t get the channel it’s on), most of the first Tremors movie, a lot of Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes… I’ve also memorized the entire Voyager episode “Message in a Bottle”. Yeah.

I don’t know where all my quoting stuff came from, but it’s very helpful for acting.

Never seen the show though

You should put a plan together, then. Buy the dvds, bribe someone, whatever. It’s awesome – except for the final season, maybe.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Oh, hey, that reminds me, most of my system sounds are Minecraft-related now. I forgot I’d done that.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

Is it nerdy to suggest that a lot of the posts here are geeky, not nerdy?

Hahahah.

It actually crossed my mind today to buy a book because the author had the same surname as Jake from Animorphs.

THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME.

THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ME.

No, there is not.

There’s been a minor internet shitstorm in the last couple of days about a Gizmodo blog about some mean lady going on an OKCupid date with a famous Magic player. I got linked to the article before I knew what the deal was, and she mentioned getting an instant message from somebody named Jon, and I thought “Surely this couldn’t be Jon Finkel she’s talking about. HE’S SHADOWMAGE INFILTRATOR.”

Sure enough, it was in fact Jon Finkel.

Of course, the obvious joke that came to mind is that the Gizmodo lady is a black or artifact creature.

bq. You, sir, are teh coolness.

Why thank you, my good sir. *Doffs Top Hat and bows*

"The last american hero, the. . . the electric centaur! The demi-god."

It actually crossed my mind today to buy a book because the author had the same surname as Jake from Animorphs.

Heeheehee. Yeah, well – I got my first car recently, and guess what I named her?

Doffs Top Hat and bows

Awesome.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011

There’s been a minor internet shitstorm in the last couple of days about a Gizmodo blog about some mean lady going on an OKCupid date with a famous Magic player.

It was traffic-whoring. They did another article from another lady pointing how stupid she was. The Internet got played.

and guess what I named her?

salutes

The Internet got played.

How often does that happen?

salutes

Aw, thanks Jeni.
    I love that car. She’s like the wife I never had.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

How often does that happen?

Frequently. We’re all doomed.

Right! Better get on Amazon and buy those re-releases… that I already have the originals of… because I’m a nerd…

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yeah, so, um, I had two videogame-related dreams last night. In detail.

Technically the one was sort of a fanfiction-of-a-videogame-related dream, which really doesn’t make it any better, does it?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

It makes it worse, I’m afraid.

I dreamed I fell in love with a robot.

Many years ago, I dreamed about Hercules and the Power Rangers teaming up to fight an army of giant Hutts. It was crazy.

At training yesterday, I got the instructor to name the practice company Wayne Industries, and name the business owner Bruce Wayne. My practice name? Selina Kyle. And one of my practice companies was Hogwarts. I signed up Harry Potter for an Accidental Indemnity Policy.

It was traffic-whoring. They did another article from another lady pointing how stupid she was. The Internet got played.

Of course. Regardless, my specific nerdy moment here was that I guessed it was Jon Finkel before even getting to that part of the post.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

I thought you of when I read it. Does that make you happy?

Yes, yes it does.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I thought of Nate, actually. He plays Magic too, right?

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011

I have named my highlighters at work. Bad puns, too. Kelpie (blue), Narf (pink), Belly (...yellow) and Ducky (orange).

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011

Sometimes I like to think of myself as a nerd, other times (like this one), I can't think of a single moment of supreme nerdiness that I have ever had. So yeah.

*wanders off*

I have named my highlighters at work. Bad puns, too. Kelpie (blue), Narf (pink), Belly (...yellow) and Ducky (orange).

I named my sharpie Claude after one of the lead characters in Hair, but you’ve got me beat.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2011 edited

The first thing I did with my new Nerf gun is to determine that at a distance of 4 feet it has an 81.25% ‘stick’ rate on a smooth semi-gloss surface. Compared to a 39.6% stick rate by throwing the darts by hand.

I have yet to test accuracy op a surface, but it’s already clearly more accurate than hand throwing.

but it’s already clearly more accurate than hand throwing.

Hooray!

I have a dishearteningly large collection of Battlefield Earth memorabilia. I would have posted the picture that I took of it, but I can’t find it. I’ll probably take another one sometime soon.

They’re overhauling the player rating system for Magic for reasons I’m too lazy to explain unless required to. Previously, your number fluctuated based on event-level, opponent rating, and outcome of a given match. I’ve been a mid-1700s player for years, and that didn’t change when I got back into the game last fall.

The new rating system, though, doesn’t subtract points for a loss. You just get points for winning and it’s added to your lifetime total. I don’t really have a problem with this on its face, since it lets players with really high ratings(there’s a guy at our shop who’s been at around #4 in the state using the old system, and he’s had to play under his wife’s name lately to shield his rating) play in more casual events without any risk. However, they added “levels” to it rather than just going off pure point total, and what’s more, they added titles for every five-level range.

So step off, bitches. I’m a level 35 Invoker now. 300 more points and I’ll hit Sorceror.

Not my win, but a car in front of me today had an “I heart Linus” bumper sticker.

Not my win either, but I found out that the dorm next to me has been infested with Bronies.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011

Got my copy of Fire Emblem in the mail today. Went to play it. Found out my L/R buttons only worked ~10% of the time (when they were feeling generous). So I disassembled my GBA SP in a long and painful process involving sticky jeweler’s screws that were nigh impossible to torque, a rather obvious lack of proper bits, uncooperative rods and springs, and three varieties of tape in order to discover the problem.

I am happy to report that thanks to my L33T troubleshooting skillz, my GBA SP is now in perfect working order. :3

You’re kind of my hero sometimes.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011 edited

We had a German backpacker in kung fu the other night. The only reason I didn’t stage-whisper “don’t mention the war!” is because I wasn’t sure he’d get the joke.

When a kid in “my” classroom goes to the bathroom (at least – that’s where he says he’s going), and he comes back 10 minutes or more later, I’m always like “Welcome back, Bueller,”
    They never get it.

•  
      CommentAuthorApep
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011

They never get it.

Kids these days.

While I was stuck in traffic last semester, I looked at the sign in front of an office on the side of the road. The name ‘Pettigrew’ was on it, and my first though was something along the lines of “So that’s what happened to Wormtail.”

Kids these days.

Amen.

Hahaha, Wormtail.
    His business probably has a cheesy slogan, too.

Picture of my Battlefield Earth junk, because I know that you guys have been just dying to see it:

Why do you have so much of it?

@Snow White Queen

Why do you have so much of it?

Because I love insane crap. Battlefield Earth, as a book, as a film, as an avant-garde synthesizer album, along with that inimitable man behind it all, beautifully encapsulates that elusive aesthetic. It’s like David Gonterman or Jurassic Park: Tresspasser, you know? It’s one thing for something to be bad; it’s quite another for it to be bad and completely off-the-wall bonkers. The Scientology connection is just immaculately-spread icing on the seven-layer cake.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011 edited

David Gonterman

Oh jeez, Gonterman. I used to love following his antics, until a certain electric-hedgehog Pokemon came along.

While I was stuck in traffic last semester, I looked at the sign in front of an office on the side of the road. The name ‘Pettigrew’ was on it, and my first though was something along the lines of “So that’s what happened to Wormtail.”

At the fantasy draft I went to in person, the sole girl in the league announced she was going to pick Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew as “I guess I’ll take Wormtail.” Two-thirds of the room laughed, and the other third just seemed bewildered.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011

the other third just seemed bewildered.

The must have been ‘Video Gamers’.

^Dohohohohohohohoho!

Okay, here's one.

So I'm reading the back of the Old Spice stick, you know, the part where it says it "creates 'Atomic Robots' that destroy your 'Odor Monsters' and replaces them with 'Scent Elves'"

And I thought: Man, that would make an awesome movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011

And it shall be set in a land torn by war between the two great powers of Axilla and Oxter.

Ya' know. . . .

You know what they found down there?
    They found The Balrog Your Balrog Could Smoke Like!

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2011

I’m on a Fell Beast.

bq. I’m on a Fell Beast.

I read that as 'I'm on Fell Beast.'

^Brilliant.

Look again! The gray wizard is now a WHITE WIZARD!

What’s in my hand? Two potions for that spell you love.

okay, that was lame, but I tried.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011 edited

Look again: The potions are now a Palantir!

Anything is possible with the Precious your Precious could — PRECIOUS!

Hello rebels,

Look at your ace pilot. Now back to me. Now back at your ace pilot. Now back to me.
    Saldy, he’s not me. But if he stopped waving around a blaster and switched to An Elegant Weapon For A More Civilized Age, he could look like he’s me.
    Look down!
    Now back up! Where are you?
    You’re on Yavin 4, with the ace pilot your ace pilot could look like. What’s in your hand? Back at me – I have it. It’s a droid, with the blueprints of that moon you love!
    Look again: the blueprints are now PROTON TORPEDOES!
    Anything is possible when your ace pilot uses An Elegant Weapon For A More Civilized Age and not a blaster! I’m on a tauntaun!

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011

...is that from DBZ abridged?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I Did Not Want you to miss that one, Beldam.

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011

I’m so sorry T_T I’m still learning the ways…

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011

Well, it sounds awfully familiar. Now I’m gonna go crazy trying to work out why it sounds so familiar.

Damn you.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

T___T

It’s a droid, with the blueprints of that moon you love!

Brilliant! But so sad that the above nobodies didn’t get it. Yeah, I’m talking about you, No One. :P

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011 edited

Yeah, I’m talking about you, No One. :P

GEH

EDIT: Star Wars? I’ve never actually read or watched Star Wars/Trek/Gate before.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

I’m confused. Is the knowing about the origin of that particular pitch or all the references inside it? Because (unless you’ve been living under a mountain like No One), both are so obvious.

• CommentAuthorNo One

^^Hahahahaha… I’m so sorry that I’m rather out of touch with the world… and in actual fact, I live at the foot of a mountain.

slinks away to a dark corner to mope

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

and in actual fact, I live at the foot of a mountain.

At the foot, or in the heart?

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

watched Star Wars/Trek/Gate before.

Dear goodness. That makes my inner geek scream. It’s… disgusting.

Brilliant!

Thanks, Taku!

both are so obvious

Yeah, I actually wanted to use a more obscure fandom. Now I’m glad I didn’t.
    ;-)

But don’t feel too bad, you two. I once talked to a girl who confused Star Trek and Star Wars, and when I pointed it out, she went “Same difference”.
    I don’t know what you call the opposite of a geeky turn-on, but she gave me one right there.

Nerdy moment of the day: I parked at a gas station to get my one true love up and running again pump my car’s tyres. I noticed a really pretty brunette girl wearing a thin summer dress and no shoes, wandering around and looking kind of lost.
    My first thought? “Damn, she’s cute!”
    My second thought? “I’m not gonna offer her a lift. She might spit a parasitic monster thing into my ear when I’m not paying attention.”

I’ve never actually read or watched Star Wars

ಠ益ಠ

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

NNNNNEEEEERRRRDDDDRAAAAIIIGGGG

• CommentAuthorNo One

Star Wars/Trek/Gate

I’m listing all of the kind of sci-fi shows that I’ve never watched or read before! I’m not mixing them up! I know they’re different!

ಠ益ಠ

^^Aww, No One, I think they were mostly kidding. Don’t feel bad.

I’ve never watched the original Star Wars all the way through either, and I didn’t watch Stargate either. I do love Star Trek, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorsansafro187

Solution: Watch Star Wars, feel better.

I’ve never watched the original Star Wars all the way through either,

WHAT

WHAT

Oh, shut-up. I plan to watch it eventually. I’ve seen bits and pieces. I’ve just never been that interested in watching it. I will watch it at the very least to see what all the fuss is about.

To me Star Wars wasn't that great.

All y’all are tasteless heathens, and I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Eh, Star Wars and Star Trek are basically the Mickey Ds and Burger King of Sci-Fi. Sure, I love Empire and I’ll always be sure to give my props to Picard, but there are much better stories in the genre that neither Lucas nor Roddenberry/Berman have managed to tell.

•  
      CommentAuthorClibanarius

bq. Eh, Star Wars and Star Trek are basically the Mickey Ds and Burger King of Sci-Fi. Sure, I love Empire and I’ll always be sure to give my props to Picard, but there are much better stories in the genre that neither Lucas nor Roddenberry/Berman have managed to tell.

This. A million times this.

bq. All y’all are tasteless heathens, and I find your lack of faith disturbing.

!http://cs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ap=3&app=1&c=info.dogpl&coi=372380&cop=main-title&ep=3&euip=205.170.21.66&fcoi=114&fcop=topnav&fpid=27&npp=3&p=0&pp=0&pvaid=c51193ba328c4ae5955616d6a9268976&ru=http%3a%2f%2f25.media.tumblr.com%2ftumblr_lgu7dbMaIa1qh1umko1_500.jpg&s=dogpile&sid=794727687.499321140032.1316051576&vid=794727687.499321140032.1316043495.10&hash=0665D853E057CDBBAFDFA21C479BDF3B!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThea

I’ve probably seen at least most of Star Wars, and never was particularly enamored myself. But I amused myself by watching the 2nd of the new movies dubbed in Spanish.

I don’t have many moments of nerdiness, but I am making my friend a Totoro bonnet, and she gave me a cunning hat.

bq. But I amused myself by watching the 2nd of the new movies dubbed in Spanish.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love Empire

Empire is Star Wars. The rest of the OT is pretty good, and the prequels are obviously garbage, but it’s all there as window-dressing to Empire.

In general, though, Star Wars isn’t required viewing based because of quality or lack thereof, it’s because it’s so important to pop culture. The sheer number of trilogies that follow the Star Wars structure is reason enough alone to try and understand it(specifically, why everybody tries to have the middle installment follow Empire’s example, and why Empire succeeds where many other middle entries fail).

Plus it’s goddamn Star Wars. Come on.

[picture of prop from a terrible comedian]

My point proves itself.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

There’s also how Spaceballs is nowhere near as funny unless you’ve seen the original trilogy. And Galaxy Quest loses a fair chunk of charm if you’ve never watched Star Trek.

Even if they weren’t so huge culturally, those two parodies alone make watching them worth it.

@No One – I was joking. D: Hence the ;P and whole subterranean thing.

Curse the tone deaf internet. Smilies are so inadequate sometimes.

•  
      CommentAuthorClibanarius

bq. [picture of prop from a *terrible comedian* ]

*RAGE*

He is _Jeff Dunham_ and he was sent by _God_ to provide joy and happiness for all mankind. How could you _not_ enjoy Achmed the Dead Terrorist?

Because he is Carlos Mencia with puppets.

There’s also how Spaceballs is nowhere near as funny unless you’ve seen the original trilogy.

Oh Spaceballs. It would be a classic even if it was five seconds long and only had the “father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate” reveal and a quick shot of Pizza the Hutt.

How could you not enjoy Achmed the Dead Terrorist?

I just prefer comedy that’s funny is all.

bq. I just prefer comedy that’s funny is all.

Those are fighting words. :P

bq. Because he is Carlos Mencia with puppets.

Eh?