Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011

Three days ago I finished a 4,151-word fantasy story I wrote over two days. I’ve since gotten it critiqued and polished and have now submitted it to Fantasy Magazine for publication. They’re supposedly a difficult magazine to get into, but there’s always a slim chance…

The story stars a human mercenary who is hired by elves to fight rebellious orcs, but he experiences a conflict of consciences. If I don’t get it published anywhere, I’ll upload it onto Scribd for everyone to view.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011

Good luck! I hope it’s good enough to get published! (Although seriously, if they’re supposedly a hard magazine to get into, you might have wanted to spend a little more than two days working on it. A first draft should never be a final draft)

Good luck!

Good luck!

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2011 edited

Unfortunately Fantasy Magazine rejected my submission :(. I’m going to try another magazine called Strange Horizons next; if they don’t accept it, I’m putting it up onto Scribd.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

I remember Strange Horizions. They have a pretty nice policy on posting work online. So long as access is somewhat restricted (i.e., there are permissions necessary to view the work), you can post the work up for review and they will still accept it as being unpublished.

Might as well take advantage of that and post the piece up here for critique.