Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Isn’t his name Jeremy?

Oh, right!

@ Kyllorac: the first episode’s topics should be either in or very close to the OP, though I was thinking more along the lines of a generic one.

Anyone else is welcome to submit, too.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011

Jeremy! That’s it! How could I forget that?!

Doesn’t he like shinies?

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2011

so…..when is this thing going to be posted?

when I get some cover art and Sly replies to my email.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011

Well, I’m mostly just waiting for to get a copy of the recording so I can post it.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011

Well what are waiting for? Let's get it done :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011

/me looks at unfinished cover art
    /me looks at things to study
    /me wonders where procrastination decided to hide…
    /me figures it got killed by the mob of “MUST STUDY!” thoughts

/me coughs with embarrassment

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

Yeah… man, I sympathize with the original Anti-Shurtugalers. My life has enveloped me to the point where I’m barely online anymore.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011 edited

There’s something not quite right about this, but here’s a backup cover image in case of emergency. I’m gonna keep fiddling with it.

Gimp 2.0 – stock art – Jeremy. If anyone wants Jeremy without all that logo all over him, let me know.

https://picasaweb.google.com/cspsyntech/October6201102?authuser=0&feat=directlink

The page isn’t showing up for me, Inkblot.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

I made a much better one anyway. Can I embed an image in this thread? If so, how?

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

There. HA! figured it out.

Not too shabby for a GIMP noob, but I think the mic needs to be a tiny bit bigger. I’ll rework it later this afternoon.

I like the font, but shouldn’t the mic be in front of Jeremy’s beak?

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot

It looks kinda funny like that, actually. The image is too spread-out. I can upload that version if you want to see.

[EDIT]: Not as bad as I thought. Here it is, clumsily edited just so you can get the idea – ignore the faint outline of the mic in his outline.

slinks back into the room

Hi guys. After forgetting to tell y’all I was going away for a week… I’m back. cowers sheepishly and offers cheap red wine and bedraggled and stringy crysanthemums bought from the local store as a last-minute apology gift

Inkblot, I love that second version; it looks fantastic. If you want to clean it up, I’m happy to use that as the first episode’s art. We can always rotate cover art, too, so that people who want to contribute can do so.

Sly, I need to re-edit the id3 tags on the mp3 (was waiting for the title to be confirmed), add a little exposition for people who stumble upon this and have no idea what sporking is, and then I’ll send you a link, as well as the transcript, by this time tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I’m going to try and get up my momentum, which was thrown way off by the dismality of the second recording attempt. It’s lame, but that’s the reason why I haven’t organised much lately. Probably I’ll get a few of the same people from the first episode to be on the second one, instead of going with basically all-new people, because the likelihood of technical problems and other stuff is lower.

It’s so pretty, Inkblot!

^^Yes, it is!

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011

wonders when this will be posted

agrees with Rors

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011

I am the worst webmaster ever. _ I even have two articles from first time authors sitting in my inbox.

GOODIT’SNOTMYFAULT!

...ah, I mean, it would be my fault if I was in your position. So yeah.

•  
      CommentAuthorInkblot
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011

This is totally off-topic, but that fanfiction article about halfway down the first page of this topic is really thought-provoking and interesting.

So for people who are interested, we’re recording the next episode (2) tomorrow. Topics are: ‘breaking dawn and how badly it’s going to go’ and ‘fanfiction’. Yays.

And sooner or later we’ll figure out the whole posting of episode 1.

I’d love to participate in the podcast, but I’m not sure I have time tomorrow! Sorry. :(

I look forward to hearing both episodes!

Sorry, that came out wrong. Let me rephrase: “For people who are interested in hearing about what’s happening with the podcast at the moment…”

oops.

Oops, now I feel stupid.

No, don’t, because it sounded like a call to action and—heeeeyyyy, you changed your user pic!

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2011

Nice segue, Steph.

Yes I did. My other one mysteriously disappeared.

Podcast was epic.

That is all.

winces please don’t speak too soon. We may have to redo it.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011

I don’t know if you’ve already discussed or plan to discuss this, but I thought the new Inheritance book would be an interesting topic for a podcast.

Yeah, let’s do that. Great idea, Puppet! (and hello by the way! I haven’t seen you round much lately.)

Anyone who’s got feelings on it, let me know.

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011

I have a lot of intense rage.

^ That’s always fun. A discussion about fitting writing into your life and how to balance everything might also be interesting.

All right. Those two are next up.

I’m assuming Rorschach and SWQ will be joining us.

When would we be recording? It would be optimal to do it during Thanksgiving break, right?

I… suppose… so…

Actually, I have no idea. When’s Thanksgiving/Thanksgiving break?

•  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011

Thanksgiving, like easter, is a brain damaged holiday that has no set date. It’s on the fourth thursday of November, I think, but my family just celebrates it on the 24th every year—at least, it feels that way. Don’t know when Thanksgiving break is though.

I will not be at home on the fourth Thursday of November. If we’re talking this kind of time frame, I’m not going to be available between the 26th of November and the 4th of December.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011

Beldam, Easter has a very particular date, relating to the cycle of moons. It’s the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox each year. As Easter (Eostre) was originally a seasonal holiday based on moon cycles, this makes sense. The Christians just piggybacked on an existing holiday, as they did for nearly every “Christian” holiday.

Thanksgiving, however, has no such excuse.

Thankyou, Taku! I knew there was some kind of system.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011

Thanksgiving used to be the last Thursday of November. Retailers, in an attempt to squeeze in more Christmas shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas, lobbied to have it moved to the fourth Thursday in November, where it has resided ever since.

Really, it’s not all that hard, you guys! :P

:)

I am so, so happy. Because the podcast recording worked this time.

The first one will be up as soon as my head stops spinning.

YES!!!!

By the by, I am actually planning on writing one of my app essays on the podcast. :)

I stuck it on my resume :)

Most illustrious podcast ever.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011

Sometime in the near future I’ll make a serious attempt to post the podcast. Getting everything to link up with iTunes is slightly nontrivial, but should be doable.

Rorschach and I were discussing this. We can do it if you want.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011

If you are able to do it yourselves that would probably be the easiest thing to do. With the way things are now, I wouldn’t count on me getting anything done. ;)

Poor you!

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011

So… What’s been going on with the podcast?

My head actually hasn’t stopped spinning yet. I’ve been sick for two weeks and November’s a hectic month at the best of times. I’m sorry. I’m a horrible person, I know.

Oh no! I hope you feel better.

Yeah, I have a secondary chest infection or something so I’ve got antibiotics for it. I’m gradually clearing up.

• CommentAuthorMnemone
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011

Have any actual recordings been produced? I can't tell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBeldam
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011

They have been—two I think. But we may never see them…

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011

Why don’t you guys just upload the file to YouTube, or some file sharing site? I don’t see why it has to be uploaded to iTunes…

Sorry guys. I’m horrible and sick and a little bit lazy and I’ve been away for a week and am about to go away again and I promise absolutely PROMISE that the first podcast episode will be up before I leave, which is the 18th of December.

You have my word. May the Patron Saints of II excommunicate me if I fail to produce.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011

Who’s that?
    Random note- does SlyShy ever go on the forums? Or is he more behind the scenes? Coz I’ve seen him on old threads.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011 edited

Mild-mannered student by day, forum-moderating-administer by night!

• CommentAuthorMnemone
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2011

SlyShy's the Evil Overlord of this joint, known by many names, and been part of the movement for a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011

Not that that answers my question, but whatever. I know he’s the Evil Overlord. He started the movement.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

To answer your question… No, not really.

Also, you have 8 more days, Steph.

• CommentAuthorMnemone

He did not start the Movement, but he's the Overlord of this iteration of the Movement. "Behind the scenes" is correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011

7 more days, now.

• CommentAuthorNo One
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited

Did I miss something? 7 more days until what?

EDIT: Ah, until the 18th.

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011

Until the podcast MUST BE RELEASED.

I’d prefer it six days hence, for it would be a most awesome birthday present.

hint hints

I DID IT. ON THE LAST DAY. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE LIVE AS SOON AS A MOD APPROVES IT.

I CAN’T STOP SPEAKING IN CAPITALS BECAUSE THE DURN THING IS FINALLY UP AND ALL THE STRUCTURE IS IN PLACE FOR ME TO DO IT MORE EASILY NEXT TIME. I’M SO EXCITED.

ALSO NOW I CAN STOP AVOIDING THE FORUMS OUT OF SHAME. THIS IS A GOOD DAY.

DAMMIT WHY CAN’T I STOP SPEAKING IN CAPS? I’M SO SORRY.

also, I haven’t logged on since I last posted in this thread, so all your hints were to waste. HA!

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. ALL GLORY TO STEPH. GLOMP HER AND SHOWER HER WITH CHOCOLATE.

WE SHALL ALSO ALL TALK IN CAPS IN HER HONOR!!

YAY THANKYOU

CHOCOLATE GOOD!

GLOMPS BETTER.

I WILL NOW BUILD A CHOCOLATE COVERED ROBOT TO GLOMP PEOPLE.

FOR MAD SCIENCE IS BEST PUT TO SILLY ENDS

YOU ARE MY NEIL PATRICK HARRIS.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011

Nate is… gay?

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I for one wouldn’t be surprised.

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach

Let me take a look.

•  
      CommentAuthorRorschach

Posted.

Apparently the “Talk” section doesn’t work if you try to post it to the main site, so I had to switch it over to “Humor”. Hope you’re not wildly opposed to that, Steph.

Also…..good lord, but reading through that transcript….I talk too much.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited

It might sound like a strange compliment, but I think you’re a good story teller/speaker. You brought up a lot of interesting points throughout the cast.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling

Aw yeah! Listening to it now. I always forget accents don’t translate into text. “So-r”

THANK YOU, RORSCHACH!

I’m not wildly opposed to that. Anything to get it up posted.

And I agree with Puppet. You have so much interesting stuff to say. I kind of use you as the starting point of discussion because it works so well. Unlike me. I say ‘um’ like every second word.

• CommentAuthorMnemone
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited

Mr Winchester transcends these labels and limits you attempt to put on his sexuality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Mmm…I couldn’t listen to it because when I clicked onto the link it went to megaupload, and the only thing to click on was ‘Premium Download” which you have to pay for. How did you guys all listen to it?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Wait 60 seconds.

Mnemone: what?

How did you guys all listen to it?

Magic.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Magic.

What do you know of magic, muggle?

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Thank you Puppet, thank you Steph.
    I’ll see if that works.

Ha! Squib, actually. You can call me Figgy.

Rats. I just noticed that that list of links to stuff we were talking about that I posted at the bottom somehow got deleted.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Oh, so have you have read book five. I commented somewhere else something about you haven’t got past book 1…you said something in the podcast. Edit time!

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling

And finished. Thanks for creating this and to The for the transcript- I find it easier sometimes to read it at the same time as I’m listening to it.

I definitely agree with the notion of not deleting, but rather keeping to possibly cannibalize later. For one thing, I thing it makes the editing process easier. Sometimes you have to kill your pet ideas and so setting them aside makes the decision a little more straight forward then eradicating them.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

Considering that our forum mascot is a raven, I’m not sure King John Uskglass would approve of that attitude. :P

•  
      CommentAuthorBlueMask

Wait, what? Forum mascot?

I definitely agree with the notion of not deleting, but rather keeping to possibly cannibalize later. For one thing, I thing it makes the editing process easier. Sometimes you have to kill your pet ideas and so setting them aside makes the decision a little more straight forward then eradicating them.

GO POST THIS IN THE COMMENTS ON THE SITE. WE SHALL DISCUSS THERE.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalling

OKAY. DO YOU HAVE VOICE MODULATION PROBLEMS :)

YOU DAMN WELL BET I DO I’M TOO EXCITED NOT TO CAPSLOCK

•  
      CommentAuthorKyllorac

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Even though you never logged on to see the hint, you still posted it on my birthday. ;P

I shall comment once I’ve had time to listen. :3

•  
      CommentAuthorSoupnazi

Amazing podcast. I can’t wait for the next one!