Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorMr.Doobie
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011

This is a free, online game that’s been getting more and more popular recently. I joined sometime in January, and I have to say, for a free game it’s pretty fun.

Basically, you are a “summoner”, fighting other “summoners” (other people online). Before each battle (which is 5v5 or 3v3, I play 5v5) you pick your “champion”, and there are a multitude of choices, the developers put out champions at roughly one per week. Each week there is a rotation of free champions that anyone can play, but you can “buy” new champions either with real money or with game money that you get just by playing the game. Needless to say, I just save up game money for any champion. You can also get alternate costumes for your champions, but those always cost real money, so… yeah, I’ve never gotten an alternate costume.

Anyway, for those of you who do play, I’m a lvl. 20 summoner (my name is the same in LoL as it is here), and my mains are jungle!DPS!Shaco, jungle!AD!Evelynn, and AP!Orianna.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I played a little before, and I’ve seen a few games of it, but never really got into it. It’s something I think I might be able to get into, but at the time I just didn’t have the free time to dedicate to it. Free games are always awesome, though. :D

I have a friend recommending that to me.

Between it, Minecraft, and Nethack, I’m starting to wish I could retire just to get in all the game playing I should.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Oh, Nethack. Trust me, Nate, you’ll need more than your entire retirement to actually win that game. I’ve been playing off-and-on for… what, a year? And I’ve still only gotten down to Sokoban once.

• CommentAuthorSlyShy

Nethack? Beat it three times. If you ask me, the best roguelike game is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. I was at one point the second best Crawl player in the world, but no longer.

Also, I do play League of Legends. Pretty fun, but not as rewarding as a lot of games. (Dungeon Crawl is the most rewarding game in existence.)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011