Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2011

Animorphs

Idiot teenagers with a death wish.

We can’t tell you who we are. Or where we live. It’s too risky, and we’ve got to be careful. Really careful. So we don’t trust anyone. Because if they find us… well, we just won’t let them find us..

The thing you should know is that everyone is in really big trouble. Yeah. Even you.

WHOO. Come talk deep about Animorphs. Or, tell stories about the series. <3

I first started with The Message (typical 11 year old obsession with dolphins) – mum saw the book in a book catalogue, and suggested it as she knew I was obsessed with animals. Some ten books later, I’d stopped getting the first train home from school and sat in the bookshop instead reading them. Needless to say ~20 books later, mum regretted suggesting them. :D

My name is (Jake/Rachel/Marco/Cassie/Tobias/Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill) :-)

I heard about them a loooong time ago, when I was watching a guy playing the game(on a Game Boy Color. . .I said it was a long time ago), I asked him what the game was, and got a very garbled explanation of the story. A couple years later, I saw the books in the library, and picked one up. It was number 14. I don’t know why I picked that one, and it wasn’t the best choice to start on. I read the rest of them in no particular order, but I started mostly low, and moved up. I’ve read most of the books(the library didn’t have some), and almost all the “extra” books, megamorphs, both of the chronicles etc.

I'd know about them for years but the cover's always freaked me out until lacking books I picked the first one at the age of 12 and from there I was hooked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2011

Ah, memories. I started them in high school when my younger sister brought home the first one. I liked the pacing and the adventure, but I thought the series started getting ridiculous in the later books when the author tried making “deep” commentaries on society. I mean, really? No . . . REALLY? Otherwise, they were definitely fun books and I did like how it was not just “oooh! We can transform into animals! Oooh! Easy as pie!”

I am not quite sure what I thought about the t.v. series, though. I kind of thought the guy who played Jake was cute, so I probably liked the show more than I should have.

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly

Ahhhh, the memories. I Read The Controller first, which was on the bookshelf in the classroom in Grade 2, and yeah. (N.B oh, apparently it’s called ‘The Capture in america. Or is that just my bad memory?) Never got to read number two, which is still a gripe, but I did read every single other one (Including the choose your own adventure ones, they were mad.) and the Chronicles. The last few were pretty hardcore, though. SPOILERS BELOW.

All in all, probably one of the first series that I got stuck into
    It was a simpler time, it was a better time

I just started reading these to get on Jeni’s good side.

I never read them as a kid, mostly because my parents thought they looked stupid, and discouraged me from reading them.

•  
      CommentAuthorWulfRitter

Spoilers

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

oh, apparently it’s called ‘The Capture in america.

Ending chatter:

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean

I started reading them with The Alien (the first one narrated by Ax). It was a strange one to start with for sure, but I really liked it.

On the ending:

I think my favorite was #48, The Return, the one with David’s return and Crayak. That’s probably one of the more depressing ones, but the ending is really good.

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Never saw the TV show, unfortunately. Was it any good?

Never saw the TV show, unfortunately.

That’s what introduced me to the series in the first place. Well, that and the fact that I like animals and reading and scifi/fantasy.

Was it any good?

Jake and Ax’s actors especially were pretty damn good, IIRC. Rachel was friggin’ hot (googled her the other day – forgot her name, but she’s still hot now).
    Other than that, it sucked heavily, I’m afraid.

If you’re a hardcore fan, you will punch your TV screen to pieces. The Hork-Bajirs looked narmy, the Andalites looked fake and the stories were watered-down In Name Only versions of the books. They also contained very little blood (if any); when an Animorph “fights” a controller, all that happens is this – a dog/circus lion/horse appears thanks to (pretty good) morphing effects, and then it proceeds to glomp the human to the ground.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011

Never saw the TV show, unfortunately. Was it any good?

HAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But the theme was annoyingly catchy and awesome at the same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfboJUVBI8

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011 edited

............................................................................
    .................................................................................................................................................................
    ..............................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ...................................................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................
    .................................................................................
    ...................................................................................
    ......................................................................................
    ......................................................................................................
    ........................................................................................................
    .........................................................................................................
    .........................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I am now officially scarred for life.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011

I bought the videos. I don’t know why.

No wait, I remember why. Because I’m an idiot.

•  
      CommentAuthorThea
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011

I didn’t get into the series until later, so I think the show was already off-air. But the book series wasn’t quite finished?

Anyway, I hadn’t thought about the Animorphs in years I think before it showed up here…and today at the library they had #25 on the silent auction table.

so I think the show was already off-air

IIRC, it didn’t last very long.

I kind of want to see the show for the lulz, but I don’t want spoilers.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2011

but I don’t want spoilers.

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

...That’s not a problem.

I laugh because otherwise I would cry.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean

I kind of want to see the show now. Even if it will destroy my childhood.

It’s not a huge part of my childhood and I’m only reading them now, so that won’t be a problem. though it’ll probably make me want to put my fist through the TV.

I just read the sixth book. I’ve got the 7th around and I’ll read it when I have time.

My mom keeps making fun of me. It’s not nice. :/

Also I think it’s getting to me because when I saw a hawk today the first thing I thought was “OMG it’s Tobias!”

So yeah.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean

Also I think it’s getting to me because when I saw a hawk today the first thing I thought was “OMG it’s Tobias!”

All I ever learned about birds I learned from Animorphs. Can I claim the books are educational now?

Even if it will destroy my childhood.

Funny, it’s just as much part of my childhood as Pokemon, Sliders, Once Upon A Time Man, Goosebumps and the actual Animorphs-books.
    So, in essence, my childhood will eat yours.

I just read the sixth book. I’ve got the 7th around and I’ll read it when I have time.

Keep us posted on your thoughts, dear Inspector.

Can I claim the books are educational now?

Quoth the Hawk: “Yes, you can! Forevermore!”

•  
      CommentAuthorCurly
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011

Hooray! Poe reference!

Hooray! Poe reference!

But of course.
    Couldn’t resist the rapping, mate.