Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited

I think the first three books are excellent (however much on a downward slide), and after that they start to lose sense. I lost interest halfway through The Opal Deception, because it was becoming more and more far-fetched and contrived and eventually my wilful suspension of disbelief threw in the towel.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011

I liked them all, but he started to lose me in The Time Paradox, the last one I’ve read. I’m going to see about finding The Atlantis Complex and I know I’ll enjoy it, but yeah, the earliest books were the best.

I did like The Lost Colony, I have to admit. Contrived and convenient plot? Yes. But still very enjoyable.

I liked the books in middle school, especially the earlier ones. I lost interest when the series kept dragging on, though.

•  
      CommentAuthorEbelean
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011

I loved the first three. The Opal Deception surprised me, because it was so much darker than the other ones. Unfortunately, after that, it all seemed to go to hell in a handbasket- nothing matched up with the original three, and everything seemed so hastily thrown together. I couldn’t bring myself to read the Atlantis Complex.

Meh. Maybe I’m just out of the age range that it’s aimed at- it’s been a while.

•  
      CommentAuthorRandomX2

I prefer to think that the series ended after the Eternity Code, since it ended on such a powerful note.

I think of Opal Deception as a good piece of fanfiction. Nice, but not canon to the series. I haven’t read any of the books after it =\

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

I agree, Random. Eternity Code’s ending was the perfect trilogy-closer. There didn’t need to be anything more after that.

Artemis Fowl was my first literary crush, so those books actually mean a lot to me. I loved the first three, but I have to agree that it did drag on. I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy the latest ones though! I really love the concept of Artemis Fowl as a boy genius, but I think the series should end soon due to the overwhelmingly drawn out plot lines.