Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Wait, I thought you were 10

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009

Me? Sorry to disappoint. I could pretend to be ten if you feel like it would aid your perception.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009

19 here.

hahahaha, I’m still winner of II by a wide margain.

Not you WW.

Wtftardation I thought Brandon was a highschooler.

The older you are the more you fail…

It’s more complex than that, CB. Here is a graph comparing age to frequency of fail, showing the results of an anonymous survey of more than ten-thousand Americans.

Notice the spike at 21 years, the age when people enter bars, allowing a whole new range of failure possibilities.

iF YOU POST ON II, THE OLDER YOU ARE THE MORE YOU FAIL.

W00t! Thanx Devin. I’m right in the bottom-most valley. Still got a few more years left…

Wow, Nate, you’re like ten years older than everyone else! (And I thought they were just joking when they termed you the grumpy old man of the office!)

I am 17 soon to be 18. Wooooo...I'll be able to legally smoke if I wanted to. *pathetic fireworks*
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009

Wtftardation I thought Brandon was a highschooler.

What gave you that impression?

• CommentAuthorCodeWizard

I dunno. The whole teenage drama thing.

•  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky

I dunno. The whole teenage drama thing.

I’m trying to wipe that from my memory.

Oh ok.

I keep thinking most people are my age. And instead you’re all 19 or 15. It seriously messes with my head.

•  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

I'm 17.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

I’m 17 too!

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

I’m 16.

I’m younger than everyone except for SWQ and CGilga. And RVL, if she’s younger than them. I’m so used to being the youngest on forums… it’s weird…

You forgot Puppet, who’s 11.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

That was on the very first forums. ^^ :P

I’ve been here for a while. I think that I joined around the time that the guy with the Pedobear avatar was banned.

So, are you 12 now or something?

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Eh, I don’t think age matters as much as maturity.

Well, my brother’s 11, and you’re far more mature than he is.

I thought Puppet was around my age, too.

I’m 15. Not quite baby of the forum.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

I’m still a raging teenager! Drinks all round!

@CB: If my suspicions are correct, according to your theory (if you post on II, the older you are the more you fail), then you’re a pretty damn big failure.

Call me naive, but why does it matter if you’re older and post on II? I would think that it’s worse to be young and have no life (like me) than be old and have no life.

Yup, unless II grows up too. Let us see.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Never.

Come on, this is the one place where I can actually be immature!

Spanny, remember the words C.S. Lewis:

Critics who treat “adult” as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adults themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence…. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Nate is now on my list of favourite people!

C. S. Lewis has always been on my list of favorite people.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I’m 17. But I already completed a semester of college so I get ++ to my points.

How long have you been 17?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Since February.

Strange I thought I replied to that.. oh well.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@Dan – THAT’S NOT FUNNY. Now I’m having flashbacks…

@Dan

I’m trying not to laugh… it’s not working…

I’m 19.

Oh, and Puppet? Enjoy Puberty! >:P

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009

Puberty is overhyped. It isn’t all that interesting.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

It’s actually sort of a letdown.

Puberty is awesome when you discover your latent superpowers.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Yeah I kept waiting for my letter to Hogwarts..

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

I’m hoping for a blue box to pop up in my living room.

I prefer the term “adolescence”.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Oh, and Puppet? Enjoy Puberty! >:P

I imagine puberty will be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y18LUMkVt2Y

“I imagine puberty will be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y18LUMkVt2Y”

More pimples.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

@Elanor – indeed! Except you can’t have the Doctor, my friend and I already decided we’re going to convert to Mormonism (or whatever religion allows polygamy these days), marry him, and never leave him like all of his other horrid companions have.

Whoa! I feel young! I’m only 14 and a half. My birthday’s exactly one month before Christmas, and sometimes on Thanksgiving.

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

@Elanor – indeed! Except you can’t have the Doctor, my friend and I already decided we’re going to convert to Mormonism (or whatever religion allows polygamy these days), marry him, and never leave him like all of his other horrid companions have.

Hey! D:

snatches

runs

Speaking of CS Lewis, he also said that the stupidest children are the ones who are most childish, and it is the stupidest grown ups who are most grown up.

Take that either way you wish to, bearing in mind that I don’t think many of you are stupid…

or do I?

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

C.S. Lewis is a faggot. And that quote reeks of stupidity.

He actually said this.

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

@ Virgil: It makes sense if you squint your eyes and look at it from a certain angle.

@Marquis De Carabas: He wrote this particular quote in either The Silver Chair or in The Horse and His Boy. I can’t remember which.

In other words, he didn’t try to present himself as someone other than who he was.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

@ Virgil: It makes sense if you squint your eyes and look at it from a certain angle.

No matter how I try.. my eyes melt.

Just how grown up are you? lol

And RVL, if she’s younger than them. I’m so used to being the youngest on forums… it’s weird…

RVL is younger than them. ;) And yes, I’m used to being youngest on forums too. ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorTheArmourer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited

I'm 16
    *Enjoy Puberty* I heard that Mark Twain said that when you reach 13, your parents should put you in a barrel and feed you through the bunghole. When you reach 16, you close the hole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Everyone here is fairly young.

If anyone remembers Carbon Copy, I’ll bet he was quite old- er .

Oh, yes, Carbon Copy. I wonder what happened to him/her. Probably got a life or something. XD

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

I’m sure he was an author.. just never let on who or where.

He did mention that he was published, but he wouldn’t tell us the name of the book, because it would reveal his identity. Unfortunate, because I was always curious to see what he’d written.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Anyone ever get an email from him? If you kept it, you could extract the IP address, figure out roughly where he lives, and cross-reference that with the locations of authors.

Yes, I am very good at stalking people.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

He never emailed us. Well.. Sly might know.

•  
      CommentAuthorJeni

O_o That seems a bit… nosy. And too personal.

•  
      CommentAuthorDiamonte

... I am staying far, far away from you in the future, swenson. XD

Either that, or you watch too much TV.

•  
      CommentAuthorMoldorm

Stalking people is fun.

Incidentally, Swenson, look out of your window, and you won’t see me anywhere.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Lol, what swenson proposed barely constitutes as stalking.

Running an ip tracker into their computer to find out when and where they go on the internet is only the next step up. From the tracker you can find their login information to whatever sites they use. And you don’t even have to be directly connected to their network. If anyone has read Neal Stephensons Cryptonomicon you’ll know what I mean.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

Yeah, that isn’t really particularly stalker-ish, as it’s extremely easy and public to do. And… it’s not even like it narrows it down to your house or anything, just a general area. My IP address, for example, shows up as being in a city twenty minutes away from me. Still is good for freaking out n00bs, though, especially when you’ve got mod/admin powers on a forum and thus can see everyone’s IP addresses.

Swenson is welcome to try. Though I remind you I’m from the south where everyone owns weapons so… be careful who’s house you just happen to approach.

In the vein of Dan Locke, I’m doing a big reveal. I am Carbon Copy.

@Steph

I’m confused as to what that has to do with me. Please enlighten me.

(Does it have anything to do with “Northmark is Gloria Tesch”?)

@ Dan: I’ve got no idea.

(Duh)

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

@Nate – south of what is the question… I’m from the north where we all have guns. It’s always rather amusing when I meet people from out of state and they find out I not only can fire a gun, but have done so on many occasions, have gone hunting, and it’s completely normal for Michigan.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited

It’s completely normal for every (well, almost every) state. There are just a lot of people in every state that don’t know about it. XD

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

It’s completely normal for every (well, almost every) state. There are just a lot of people in every state that don’t know about it. XD

XD I’m from the north, and personally have never handled a gun, but know plenty of people that do. One of my friends loves to go squirrel-hunting.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

What’s the point of squirrel hunting? Squirrels taste icky. D:

•  
      CommentAuthorElanor

What’s the point of squirrel hunting? Squirrels taste icky. D:

I have absolutely no clue. XD But she’s always incredibly excited around that time of year.

@Nate – south of what is the question… I’m from the north where we all have guns. It’s always rather amusing when I meet people from out of state and they find out I not only can fire a gun, but have done so on many occasions, have gone hunting, and it’s completely normal for Michigan.

Swenson, Michigan isn’t very Yank, you should know that. I’m disappointed if I meet anyone west of the Mississippi not packing. Still, I’m glad that someone will be able to check my bullet & gun research. (always been more of a blade man myself)

XD I’m from the north, and personally have never handled a gun, but know plenty of people that do. One of my friends loves to go squirrel-hunting.

I’ve heard some horror stories from “yankee” friends about how hard it is sometimes to get a gun. And I don’t mean usual restrictions either. I mean challenges that would make Frodo go, “That’s too much of an ordeal.”

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited

It sure isn’t difficult over here.

What do they make you do, disassemble it and put it back together? Make you shoot at a moving target while sitting on the back of a galloping horse?

You must kill the last person to own that gun. Such is our way!!!!

Or, ya know, there’s a couple of forms. :P

I feel so… Northern, now. I’m way up in the North, where everyone is a Republican unless specifically stated otherwise.

I’m a Republican unless specifically stated otherwise.

•  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

I feel so… Northern, now. I’m way up in the North, where everyone is a Republican unless specifically stated otherwise.

Really? I live in the south and almost everyone here is Republican. Thankfully my college has sensible people.

Sensible???
    •  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

Since when was the Democrat party sensible? Since when was any political party in the slightest bit sensible?

He didn’t say Democrat, he said sensible. But since when are college kids sensible?

I’m in CA but I feel like a New Englander in my heart. :D

"A strange combination"-Han Solo, on politics and ethics.
    Republicans and Democrats, they're all politicians, and all going left.
    But lets avoid a flame war and get off politics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCorsair

Eh. Politics isn't a big deal. I think we all know that the Democrats and Republicans both are about as devoted to their ideals as I am devoted to human feces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Honestly, half the time when I begin to say ‘Yeah I’m usually Democratic’ something will happen and I’ll just shake my head and sigh.

I’m in Jon Stewart’s Party.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson

I’m a conservative who tends to support Republicans more than Democrats, although usually I sit back and whinge endlessly (and pointlessly) about both sides, not really caring much about politics other than to snicker at others once I set them off.

Anywho.

On guns: my Canadian friend was like “...NO WAY!!!” when he came over here and found there was a gun and knife show going on. He loves the US now, because it’s a lot harder to get heavy weaponry over there! (he buys insane amounts of paintball equipment here- it’s cheaper and easier than getting it in Canada, apparently)

I’m a conservative more than I am a Republican.

Eh. Politics isn’t a big deal. I think we all know that the Democrats and Republicans both are about as devoted to their ideals as I am devoted to human feces.

I agree with this.

I’m an independent who leans toward the conservative side in most things. But I don’t agree with any of the parties in their entirety. All politicians are liars anyway. They tell the people what they want to hear to get elected, and then they do whatever they want once they are, which is usually not what they promised the moronic majority that they would do. Then after a few months of that, they start preparing for re-election. I hate politics.

@ Swenson- isn’t it good if it’s harder to get weapons in Canada? Oh, paintball. Never mind. I thought you meant real guns. Guns scare me, just a bit.

Politicswise, I’m really not into it much, but I’m pretty liberal socially. (I did say I was from MA, didn’t I? XD)