Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJabrosky
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010

I was visiting a few Twilight fan forums earlier today, and it seemed that with one exception most of them didn’t have a lot of activity on them. I’m beginning to think that with Eclipse long out of theaters that Twilight fever has died down. Also, on DeviantArt, there seem to be much more anti-Twilight deviations than pro-Twilight ones.

•  
      CommentAuthorOldArnold
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010

I don't hear anything on Twilight anymore. Every once in a blue moon, I'm sure somebody will mention those books, but there's not a lot about them anymore. That's a good thing.

They’re dormant. Just wait till Breaking Dawn gets released, and you’ll hear their awakening from even a hundred miles away…

Mm, yeah. I went and did the same thing as BrandonP a few weeks ago. Not a whisper.

Just wait till Breaking Dawn gets released, and you’ll hear their awakening from even a hundred miles away…

I agree with the Marquis.
    They’re just dormant.
    Something like two months ago, I heard two girls freak out over what an “amazingly good writer” SM is and how “exciting and suspenseful” the book Breaking Dawn was.

Not making this up, folks.

Hey, it happens. I wonder if SMeyer’s going to keep writing Twilight books…

I thought she gave up thanks to Midnight Sun going, uh, down… and that she only did Bree Tanner as result of her fans pretty much prostrating themselves before her for more.

•  
      CommentAuthorSpanman
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited

I know several people who are really big fans and can’t wait for the next film to come out. Maybe all the Twihards got scared of the antis and ran away from the internet. I’m pretty sure most of them are still very much alive and kicking.

Maybe all the Twihards got scared of the antis and ran away form the internet.

^^ Yeah, probably.

•  
      CommentAuthorswenson
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010

Eh, I dunno. On one hand, there’s a lot more antis around these days, or at least they’re more vocal about it. It’s become not only socially acceptable to be anti-Twilight, it’s kind of the latest thing to talk about how much you hate Twilight.

On the other, you still see Twilightesque stuff all over the place, and plenty of people still gush over them as if they’re the best thing evar. So while I think the hysteria has started to die down a bit, it’s definitely still out there.

They’re dormant. Just wait till Breaking Dawn gets released, and you’ll hear their awakening from even a hundred miles away…

I agree with this. However, I also think that a lot of people outgrow Twilight and/or realize that it’s actually bad. Even some people who do enjoy it admit that they are not good books. So, there aren’t as many fanatics because people have become antis and have outgrown the books.

The adults who think that Twilight is amazing are kind of scary though, especially the ones over thirty who are still in love with RPatz.

It’s become not only socially acceptable to be anti-Twilight, it’s kind of the latest thing to talk about how much you hate Twilight. ... On the other, you still see Twilightesque stuff all over the place, and plenty of people still gush over them as if they’re the best thing evar.

I’m one of those weird people who happens to do both.

The adults who think that Twilight is amazing are kind of scary though, especially the ones over thirty who are still in love with RPatz.

Yes. This.

I would say they’re pitifully sick, rather than scary, but then again – Rpattz himself will disagree with me there.
    Vehemently and Britishly, I might add.
    While twitching his eyebrows and ruffling his hair cause he never seems to leave it alone.

@Steph:

@ Klutor:

Vehemently and Britishly, I might add.

You forgot pale-ly.

You forgot pale-ly.

Of course.
    He is a rather pale fellow, but at least he’s not as literally bleach-white as Edward in real life.
    I swear, the makeup artists get progressively more and more enthusiastic.

I read that RPattz and Daniel Radcliffe were both trying to ‘strike a blow for the pale man everywhere’. Direct quote, I believe.

Although I never really saw what was so sexy about a tan.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010

Although I never really saw what was so sexy about a tan.

What’s NOT to like? (See: Fig. 1)

Fig. 1: What not to like.

Completely off-topic for a tangent, but I think there’s definitely a social swing back towards pale skin among caucasians. With the rise in office jobs (compared to manual labour jobs) and the rising social concern about cancer, pale skin that has just a bit of colour is more and more becoming the standard for healthy caucasian skin. Of course sickly-pale serious-Vitamin-D-deficiency skin like on teenaged WoW addicts (for a sweepingly general example) is still seen as unhealthy, but the so-called ;‘farmer’s tan’ is also reverting to what it used to mean in the lead-face-powder days.

As for Twilight: I think it’s become one of those “cool to hate” things, like goths, authority, and All Star Batman. I don’t know anyone who takes it seriously except one of my mum’s distant friends, and the last I heard she was moving on to the next latest obsession, probably some updated-graphics version of Snood or something.

I always liked the pale skin thing, because it was the standard of beauty in society for so long, and I love that era.

Also, Fig. 1 can be read a totally different way.

ALSO... you never see redheads with a tan IRL.

lead-face-powder

You know that stuff killed people, right?

I don’t know anyone who takes it seriously

I know a lot of ‘em.

Still, I do agree with the pale skin thing – yeah, there are women out there that look great with a proper tan, but it’s hard to pull it off. Skin type, genetics, and so on.
    I guess I myself like a bit of both.

ALSO... you never see redheads with a tan IRL.

Truth.
    Redheads again…. heeheehee.

I know a lot of ‘em.

Ditto.

Truth.
    Redheads again…. heeheehee.

Why are the only red-headed male celebrities the Weasleys?

Why are the only red-headed male celebrities the Weasleys?

Last time I checked, Prince Charles’ younger son didn’t play a Weasley.
    Neither did Alan “Leaf On The Wind” Tudyk.
    Or Seth Green.
    Or Sheamus, the Celtic Warrior, fella.

And that’s just the four I can think of off the top of my head.
    BTW, the guy who plays Bill looks a lot like I pictured Bill…. except that he’s supposed to have only half a face.

Alan Tudyk’s blond, isn’t he?

bq.And that’s just the four I can think of off the top of my head.

We appear to have very different pools of reference… It’s seriously taken me this long to think of the Weasleys already.

He was a redhead in Knight’s Tale, so I dunno….
    Okay, so maybe he’s reddish-blond.
    Yes, that exists.

We appear to have very different pools of reference…

First guy I mentioned was Prince Harry.
    Seth Green is Lyle from Italian Job.
    Sheamus the Celtic Warrior is an ECW wrestler from Dublin.

I know who Prince Harry is :) We already mentioned him, though, and I couldn’t repost. Shock horror! What would the neighbours think?

As for Seth and Sheamus:
    I don’t actually really care about Seth Green, so he doesn’t go in my pool of reference. He’s one of those actors I know vaguely how they look, but don’t really care about, no matter how many movies I’ve seen them in.
    And… never heard of the Celtic Warrior.

So there we go…

Shock horror! What would the neighbours think?

Somehow that made me lol.

I don’t actually really care about Seth Green

I don’t care about him either, but he’s too funny to ignore.
    I know what you mean, though.

And… never heard of the Celtic Warrior.

Yeah, cause you don’t watch proffessional wrestling.
    I’m not judging – to each his/her own.
    Anyway – he’s a big and deathly pale guy with dark red hair in an anime-style, and he has a Dublin accent and ends every sentence with “fella”.

I… um… just looked Sheamus up on Google Images. No offence, because I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but in the squee stakes, I have to issue a Do Not Want.

Somehow that made me lol.

Twas the point, my dear fella fellow.

No offence, because I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but in the squee stakes, I have to issue a Do Not Want.

Hey, I’m not a fan either (definitely not in that way!).
    Yeah, he probably is a nice guy – cause most Heels are friendly IRL.
    But your Do Not Want cracked me up solidly.

Twas the point, my dear fella fellow.

Touche.