Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorGrennir
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010

I've only just joined here, but I've been a lurker for sometime at II and the A-S livejournal.
    In truth, the only reason that I have joined this wonderful site as a member is because I have a few questions regarding history. They are as follows. (I apologise if I come across as slightly formal, that's just my regular attitude. Please, ignore it.)

Firstly, is there anyway that it is possible to contact Hackslayer, Fragon Calfbreaker, or The Epistler? I assure you, I am not some rabid Eragon fanboy, I merely wish to know whether or not they have disappeared of the internet. On a sidenote, does anyone know whether Breaking Quills, Hackslayer's forum, is still active? It doesn't seem to be, but I get the impression that there are bits I cannot see.
    Secondly, who is Ivy and what was her "famous article"? I would very much like to see it.
    Thirdly, where is Slyshy, and is II dieing? Most old names seem to have disappeared from the recent posts, articles are drying up, and Sly hasn't been active for some time.
    Fourth, does anyone know where I can find the elusive ninth Epistle? I have searched exhaustively, but can find nothing.
    Finally, thank you for your time, whether you reply or not. I appreciate it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

First of all, welcome to ImpishIdea.

To answer #3, they’ve grown up. Legion, Carbon Copy, SubStandardDeviation, etc. They were all adults, to my knowledge. And well, they just didn’t have the time to spend on II anymore. As for SlyShy, he still checks by every once in a while, but mostly he only drops in when there’s something that needs attending to. And II is not dying, as I said, people just grow up and move on in life. Old members leave, and new members arrive. Every now and then you’ll see some people from the olden days. I’m relatively new, I’ve been with ImpishIdea since the very beginning (not quite 2 years), so I don’t know much about Hackslayer, Calfbreaker or The Epilster. The Epistles were posted on the main site, but they were removed on The Epilster’s request.

• CommentAuthorLord Snow

Yes, sadly many people from the old days are now gone. I believe most if not all of those you mentioned have indeed disappeared from the internet. Or at the very least, stopped participating in any of Anti-Shurtugal’s break off communities. Only a few of us are still around from A-S, I was there for a little bit. Maybe somebody is still in contact though. Hopefully, II begins to pick up a bit, soon. :)

•  
      CommentAuthorTakuGifian

To answer question two, Ivy, or Swankivy, is (still) a member of Anti-Shurtugal, a book editor, author and critic. Her “famous article(s)” can be found here, a lengthy essay/discussion about each of the Inheritance books. Purportedly, she is working her way through Brisingr, but there has been no news about this for a few months now.

It’s so weird to think that there were all these people around before I stumbled upon II (a year and a half ago), who just aren’t here anymore, and whom I never got to know because they were leaving around the time I came. It’s kinda sad when that happens.

Also, hello Grennir! A lurker, eh? puts on scientist spectacles I find lurkers fascinating, mostly because I don’t have the patience to read things and then not comment. :)

• CommentAuthorDarkRaven
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010

If any of you want to find the old AS website, just follow this link. A lot of it is pretty good reading. That’s how I found out most of my information about ‘‘the good old days’‘. _