Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010

_That valiant beacon, with light to weaken:_
    _Man’s burning lord, the Sun,_
    _Flies freely o’er our velvet sands-_
    _Whence war has yet begun._

Rocky(87) here, and it’s with great anticipation and pleasure that I can announce to you the christening of a brand new forum. At the moment, the site is ready for all but its primary function, so I would encourage everyone reading this to make the trip to the site and integrate yourselves into the community until it’s entirely complete, which I anticipate should be within a week’s time. But you’re asking yourself, what’s the site’s “primary function”?

Well, allow me to introduce an alternate history adventure RPG set during the affluent time of the Crusades. After European explorers made landfall on the northwestern coasts of Africa they ascended into “paradise”, better known in our modern times as the Atlas Mountains. There they settled, and as years stretched into generations, the land became an epicenter for frontier prosperity, and their humble village slowly transformed into the capital of a powerful kingdom – the Kingdom of Atlas.

We begin under the rule of King Meknes during his notorious attempts to expand his kingdom into the neighboring wilderness of the Sahara. But after months of scarce reports from the exploration teams, the king began to fret. Then his teams began returning in the form of butchered victims and crazed survivors, and the empty wilderness beyond his borders abruptly transformed into a thing less desolate. Meknes’ kingdom now contends with the vigilance of three mighty tribes of the Sahara, intensely territorial peoples who assail the soldiers with fantastical capabilities. Reports speak of terrifying headhunters who can swim beneath the dunes, daring raiders who slaughter while soaring through the skies, and mystic nomads who excel in the practice of assassination and camouflage.

Meknes has declared that he will not tolerate the heathen, and with every report of tribal violence, he only intensifies his stance. As his explorers take on more substantial arms, the tribes of the Sahara prepare to repel the invaders. They are focused, determined, and unafraid. War in the desert is inevitable, so the call goes out to all those willing. Will you count your adventures upon grains of sand? Will you unleash your hate upon rivers of bloodshed? Will you bear arms amongst the pawns of history? Will you fight for the glory of kingdoms of dust?

Fulfill all this and more in ‘The Sandbox’.

"http://s1.zetaboards.com/SandboxForums/index/":http://s1.zetaboards.com/SandboxForums/index/
    •  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

I’m in.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Fixed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Why does this all sound so familiar?

...oh yeah. ;D

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010 edited

Ever the comprehensive one.
    • CommentAuthorSlyShy

Stickying this, because Rocky is an extremely good RPer, and if you were ever to do a RP, it should be with Rocky. Seriously, he puts a ton of effort into his settings, and is an all around rock solid writer.

• CommentAuthorRocky

Shucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil

Its fun. :D

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010

Agreed. We've really got the ball rollin' now. Can't wait to bust this thing wide open.
    • CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010

Is anyone from the starting crew going to post, or are we doing the limbo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpanman

Oh, I could do another one I suppose. Just let me get out my thinking cap. It is quite dusty.

•  
      CommentAuthorPuppet

Is anyone from the starting crew going to post, or are we doing the limbo?

Whoops, should I be posting? Or by “starting crew” do you mean the people who were involved in the RPG on DEM?

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

Yar, I be referring to DEM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVirgil
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

I’m on vacation, and I think I stopped at an appropriate time.

• CommentAuthorRocky
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010

The RP is officially open for business. For anyone curious, you can hop over there and watch events unfold. For those already involved, get ready for sand and sun.